[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they create a 10/10 debut album /mu/? Debuts are usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Weezer-blue-album.jpg (97KB, 1019x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Weezer-blue-album.jpg
97KB, 1019x1023px
How did they create a 10/10 debut album /mu/? Debuts are usually pretty boring except for a handful of songs yet they completely nailed this album and every single song on it is memorable.

How did they do it?
>>
you have your whole life to write your first album
>>
File: Cuomo.jpg (40KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Cuomo.jpg
40KB, 324x324px
>>68624863
Reminder:
>When we’re on tour, I try to find a massage parlor wherever we go. It’s become a ritual – wandering around the seedy district at three in the morning, searching for some action. I prefer the full body massage with a ‘happy ending’. It can start to feel kind of empty after a while, but you can meet some really cool people. A lot of times it’s the older ladies I really like – they have this nice maternal vibe. The reason I started with the prostitutes was solely to work on my negotiating skills. Once I mastered negotiating with a naked woman asking me for money, dealing with Interscope was a piece of cake.
>>
>>68624905
i think most (if not all) weezer fans have accepted that rivers is a fucking creep
>>
Rivers had already been in like 10 bands and recorded a bunch of stuff before this album. Plus they had a really good producer.
>>
>>68624905
is there a source for that quote?
>>
>10/10
are you retarded? oh wait yes you are lmao because you thought doing music at uni was worthwhile lolll such a loser
>>
>>68624863
rivers was basically downright autistic about his songwriting process, he spent years and years crafting it to perfection and the album was basically his life's work. he probably didn't plan for what happened after blue which explains a lot
>>
>>68624957
I look forward to seeing you around the next few days
>>
>>68624884

this

the 2nd album is usually like "oh shit, we've only got 9 months to write another dozen songs like that?"
>>
>>68624957
This meme needs to die, it's not funny any more
You could at least be a bit more subtle about "going to uni" in a completely unrelated topic
>>
>>68624947
http://rockdirt.com/rivers-cuomo-explains-why-he-doesnt-screw-groupies/3590/
>>
>>68624989
im not the one who wasted their life on music at uni you fucking idiot, everything on this board comes back to the shitty life choices of /mu/ posters, you people think that anyone outside of /mu/ cares what you thinks or takes you seriously, it's honestly sad sweetie

people just get salty because it's the truth and the truth is inconvenient for them!!
>>
>>68625039
>getting angry over people telling you your shitpost is a shitpost
>>
>>68624863
There are tons of great debut albums out there. In fact i'd argue there are more shitty sophomore albums than first albums.
>>
>>68625094
you're the one getting angry sweetie, do i remind you of your father?????
>>
Because Rivers was born with a shitton of songwriting talent.

Also autism.
>>
>>68625123
This is like unty's autism but more aggressive.
>>
>>68625243
do i remind you of your father anon? so sad! ignorant little bitch lmao!
>>
>>68625243
At least unty was slightly subtle about it
>>
>>68625618
So is unty gone for good? I know it has only been a week, but he said he was dropping his trip and hasn't been back. I miss him, he was too perfect.
>>
>>68624911
*kurt
>>
>>68625652
I haven't seen him around. I miss him too
>>
>>68624863
They had been playing the songs for years, so they were pretty well practiced and used their best material. Also, even if now he seems to have lost it, Rivers had a real knack for alt. pop.
>>
>>68624863
>How did they create a 10/10 debut album /mu/?
they didn't.
> Debuts are usually pretty boring except for a handful of songs
have you even listened to anything outside of /mu/core a handful of times and a few bands recommended to you on spotify [once]?
>>
>>68624957
baby's first 6 weeks away from home?
>>
>>68624982

Elvis Costello said something to that effect. "You have your whole life to write your first album and a year to write your second" or something like that
>>
>>68624957
ziggy shitpost
>>
>>68625039
ziggy shitpost
>>
>>68625123
>>68625265

ziggy shitpost
>>
That's typically how it goes. A band has an unlimited amount of time to write a record because they haven't really released anything yet and thus haven't been signed to any labels and thus have no deadlines. Then their second album is typically shit, and by the third album they're out of steam almost entirely.

e.g. Sleigh Bells
>>
File: Album Cover (Original).jpg (109KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Album Cover (Original).jpg
109KB, 1600x1600px
Same applies
>>
>>68625123
t. daddy issues
>>
>>68626090
Oasis were the same. Noel Gallagher spent his 20s while he was unemployed writing songs. By the time he started a band and got signed in his late 20s/early 30s he already had Definitely Maybe and Whats The Story Morning Glory written. Pretty much everything after that was shite
>>
>>68626599
Oasis was never good.
>>
>>68626722
thats not true
>>
>>68626740
Oh, yes it is.
>>
>>68626740
oasis is a one hit wonder band
>>
>>68626756
Units sold says otherwise and agrees with >>68626599
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.