[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys have any genuinely controversial opinions about music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: photo.jpg (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2KB, 48x48px
do you guys have any genuinely controversial opinions about music in general as an art form?
>>
>>68620674
I like it
>>
not really, no
>>
I don't think you should make money off it. I love the creativity of it but the monetary shit is evil.
>>
Music should be free
>>
Artists should be shot dead after creating their best work

To mammals room for new artists
>>
>>68620684
wow im gonna trace your IP and send cds to your house you stupid musiclover
>>
>>68620704
thats interesting, could you elaborate?
>>
>>68620674
There is no good enough reason why music costs anything. It's value is not material.
>>
>>68620674
>there are people ITT asserting that artists do not deserve to be compensated for their intellectual efforts and hours of labour
>these people do not realize that the music-making process involves certain costs which must be paid somehow
>these people haven't considered the fact that the amount of people creating music would be greatly reduced if there was no chance for them to earn money for their effort

actual retards.
>>
Crust/Folk was the wrong direction for punk.
>>
>>68621145
do you think theres any valid argument to artists not being paid?

what do you think someone who was arguing against you would say?
>>
Well I wish everyone actually understood what art was.
>>
>>68621214
They would probably say that money corrupts the art, that because of money we have artists who sell out and make records simply looking for commercial gain instead of exploring their full artistic potential.
>>
>>68621214
Honestly something like YouTube provides the best answer. If you had a site that could stream any song by any artist, and that made profits off ad revenue and data mining (nothing shady, things like what genres are most popular to which demographics) then you could have the music be free but the artists being paid by the site. I don't know enough about magic internet money to know if there is enough to support it, but it seems like the way of the future.
>>
Blues as a music genre died in the 70's.
>>
>>68622392
That isn't at all controversial tho
>>
>>68622441
=)
>>
File: UU1tPeT.jpg (24KB, 295x418px) Image search: [Google]
UU1tPeT.jpg
24KB, 295x418px
Classical musicians like Beethoven and Mozart might be good, but their elevated status compared to other forms of music is largely a result of class hegemony.
>>
>>68622305
I agree to an extent. When any artist begins, their art is simply a hobby. They do it because they like it. But if they gain popularity and start getting paid to create music, it goes from a hobby to a job. "I don't want to make music, I need to make music." I do believe that an artist can make money off of their art without becoming this. They just have to remember to enjoy making music. Make what they want to make, not what would be most liked, not what they are expected to do, but what would make them happy.
>>
>>68620674
Music critics are the worst art critics.
>>
>>68622472
>Classical musicians like Beethoven and Mozart might be good, but their elevated status compared to other forms of music is largely a result of institutionalized music.
fix'd
>>
>>68620674
I really like rap, but I wish more rappers would have a back beat with a progression, rather than a catchy hook on repeat.
>>
>>68620702
BRING BACK BARTER AND TRADE
>>
No, I don't really understand all there is to understand about the art form, I just listen to what I like and try to expand my horizons
>>
>>68622510
You wanna start a prog-hop band?
>>
>>68622510
Rapping has to be on time with some sort of beat, otherwise its just spoken word
>>
>>68622559
That's not what he meant I think. I assume he meant rapping over a beat like usual, but the beat is instrumentally diverse and melodically progressive.
>>
>>68622689
yes, that is what I meant. Of course the timing would have to be consistent, but it doesn't have to be the same thing over and over.
>>
Bach has the worst fanbase in music, of any artist or band, and it isn't even close.
>>
>>68622728
Why? What do Bach fans do?
>>
>>68622748
I could write like at least 4 paragraphs on why bach fans are cancer, but honestly browse /classical/ for a few days and find out yourself.
>>
>Punk was a meme and everyone fell for it.
>>
>>68622765
Just blog it here that's what this thread is for.
>>
Stockhausen was completely right in saying 9/11 was the greatest work of art in the universe to date.
>>
>>68623408
Proto-punk and post-punk were both a million times more interesting than punk ever was.
And no wave was more punk than punk could ever dream of being.
>>
>>68620674
Adorno was right.
>>
>>68622472
Agreed
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.