[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I play guitar, but I want to start writing lyrics. How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: blank-canvas-640-480.gif (2KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blank-canvas-640-480.gif
2KB, 640x480px
I play guitar, but I want to start writing lyrics.

How do I write not shit lyrics?
>>
It helps to read good hard books (like penguin classics) or similar, a good newspaper a day. Also really helpful is write a journal on your tablet or whatever every day, telling yourself what you did and telling the truth, but also become aware of entertaining yourself. Next, do you have 9 months to do a grammar course? Also dabble or even start to learn a new language.
>>
>>68617394
Thanks for the advice.
Which language should I learn?
>>
Who fuckin' gives a rat's ass Steve, just write a love song.
>>
>>68618052
Is it that easy?
>>
steal good lyrics like everyone else
>>
>>68618052
DONT BOTHER THESE NICE PEOPLE WITH YOUR SADSAPSONGS
>>
Study good lyricists, like David Sylvian.
>>
>>68618405
Yup love is a universal emotion
>>
>>68618510
Fuck off no it isn't
>>
>>68618052
I don't want to write a love song.
>>
>>68618551
Anger is also one
>>
>>68617394
>learn a new language
How could this help with being fluent in the language you're writing in?

Just grab thesaurus.com by the balls, and read some hard books and you're set.
>>
>>68617896
Spanish is pretty easy to learn from english. If you want to try something that will make you approach language in a vastly different manner than I'd suggest trying Russian, Finnish or Japanese. They are a bit more difficult but it isn't as bad as fucking mandarin.

>t. A guy who was good at Spanish in highschool but hasn't touched in over 5 years.
>>
>>68618590
My mom's fluent in spanish, so she could help with that. But how will it help in learning to write a song in english?
>>
>>68618615
I'm guessing it's supposed to give you a different way of looking at gramar or how language works in general.

Not entirely sure if that's what the original suggestion was going for but I figured I'd give some suggeations anyway since no one else had.
>>
>>68618615
I find that some of the best spanish songs are about enjoying life with the idea of dying and not mattering.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/un-puno-de-tierra-lyrics-ramon-ayala.html
>>
non meme reply but I just kinda take notes all day on my desktop/phone on whatever strikes me. Sometimes they're rhymes, sometimes they're ideas or statements, and then you just expand on them. Finding a decent melody/vocal flow is harder than the lyrics.
>>
>>68617340
lyrics don't matter - it's the passion put into the music that will carry you
>>
>>68619598
Yeah but nobody will give a fuck unless it has good lyrics.
>>
>>68619598
yes
>>68619804
no
>>
>>68618510
Love is just a chemical by any other name
>>
>implying you need lyrics when you can just become a rapper and make random sounds
>>
>>68619969
I'M A LYRICAL SPIRITUAL MIRACLE INDIVIDUAL
>>
>>68618588
>Just grab thesaurus.com by the balls, and read some hard books and you're set.
this is possibly the worst way to learn how to write lyrics
>>
>>68618735
This
Best answer ITT,go for it op
>>
>>68619909
I can finally use this
>>
alliteration. you can say any old crap and people will think it's deep
>>
>>68620011
i'm glad i was here for this
>>
>>68620203
Haha same my man
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.