[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving to Tokyo soon. Do any of you know if there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: nerima.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nerima.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
I'm moving to Tokyo soon. Do any of you know if there is a music scene?
>>
why dont you kill yourself you fucking weeaboo piece of shit?
not even the japs will want you, stop searching for acceptance, just apologise to your father, repay him that money you owe him for that worthless music degree, cut off your braids, get a job and contribute to society
>>
they sing karaoke in the yakuza games look into that
>>
>>68616244
Yeah but it's all in Japanese scales. You wouldn't understand.
>>
shugez
>>
>>68616244
Like any megacity, yeah, all kinds of 'em.

The metal scene's a bit weird - I can tell you that one first hand. They're very hard-line about being open-minded if that makes any sense.
>>
>>68616369
you're trying way too hard.
>>
>>68616590
im not the one moving to japan to spite my parents am i lollll? get a life you fucking loser
>>
>>68616660

You can't move to Japan unless you have a real job (i.e. not entry level wage slavery), nerd.
>>
>>68616697
or you can go there to study (((music)))??? you must be a retard kill yourself
>>
>>68616735

He's not moving there for the music scene you moron, he's going there to work (because that's the only way to get into the country bar marrying someone). So, he obviously must have a life if he can score a job overseas, and is curious as to whether there is a music scene established. If he were moving there for music, he would obviously already know the answer to that question.
>>
>>68616369
>>68616590
OP here. Not weeaboo: never watched anime and am not obsessed with Japanese culture. However, I do like the country despite its major faults. I'm 24 and already have a degree. Got a tech job in Tokyo. Problems? Everyone hates weeaboos because they are awful. They don't actually like Japan, they rather love the perception of Japan they have made for themselves. That's why they never end up staying when and if they actually move. I did study abroad in college but it was in rural Japan so I have no grasp on the music scene of a metropolis like Tokyo. Just asking /mu/
>>
>>68616919
>you're awful

-says a tripfag to someone else
>>
>>68616919
?
>>
>>68616974
xD u le trolled us!
>>
>>68616369
>contribute to society
You've been shitposting on /mu/ for the last two hours.
>>
>>68616989
>le
are you a redditor? have you shown your true colors in your rage? so sad!
>>68616996
two hours is better than spending 4 years at uni for music you fucking loser lmao
>>
>>68617025
jeremiah please come downstairs we are having dinner right now
>>
>>68616974
I wholeheartedly apologize for being a faggot. I am now aware being a tripfag is absolute garbage and I will now leave 4chan forever.

I love you all
>>
>>68617025
Ziggy, you're not even talking to me. Also, I studied CompSci at uni, not music. Why would I study music?
>>
>>68617032
> jeremiah

wow is that your name? cant tell if its texan, jewish, turkish or worse! so sad!

>>68617057
because you're a lying faggot so sad!
>>
>>68617025
>le rejection of the humanities
Positivist scum.
>>
>>68617063
>so sad!
Isn't that what Donald Trump says?

Also, just calm down bud. Why are people so touchy about Japan? I don't see this about France or America. I guess it has to do with how severely irrational weebs can be with their perception of Japan.
>>
Yeah they do OP, but the only Live Houses you'll be able to find without knowing people are either the ones you walk by on the street or those you read about online. Typically the more popular ones have international touring acts or bigger japanese bands. Because of this, there's usually a pretty high amount of foreigners going to these venues.

Try looking up smaller Japanese acts you like, seeing where they're playing and just try finding places for yourself. Shinjuku & Shibuya have a pretty high percentage of live houses. Shinjuku & Setagaya are good for punk iirc.

Shows also tend to start at like mid afternoon and run til midnight, or 10pm/midnight til early morning. I'm not used to going out so late for shows so I bailed early on a bunch when I was visiting last week.
>>
Isn't it a bit too late in the year for a new "aggressive shitposting" trip to be showing up?

They usually appear in May and fuck off by October.
>>
>>68617119
It seems like a lot of American and European artists stop by Tokyo on their world tours. Are those tickets easy to come by?
>>
>>68617063
congratulations, supreme nippon warrior, you have succesfully defended your homeland from the foolish gaijin who dare to tread into japan!
>>
>>68617119
Also, forgot to add - shows tend to have like 5+ acts on the bill so get ready to pay 2500~ yen for entry. Drink usually incl.
>>
>>68617159
Nice shitposting. Both my parents are normal Americans with a college education. Do you really want to me to describe my boring, conventional American upbringing?
>>
>>68617159
(You)
>>
>>68617135
i'm here to stay you faggot im never leaving
>>68617161
i encourage people to infest japan and outbreed those disgusting treacherous nips, i just want to make sure the weeaboos now how disgusting they look to everyone else while theyre doing it, despite how noble it may be
>>68617214
no lol shut the fuck up fuckface
>>
>>68617155
Yep, check out tokyogigguide for a pretty comprehensive tour calendar. Each page links back to the venue page where you can buy tickets and chances are if they're an international act they're playing at WWW, Womb, Circus or some other bigger venue. These venues cater for foreigners so their websites are usually in english.
>>
>>68617182
Yeah, I'll have to look some smaller acts up because I honestly don't know any. Didn't even know what a Live House was desu.
>>
>>68617229
is that you when i reply to you? so sad!
>>
>>68617240
>no lol shut the fuck up fuckface
Okay

>>68617258
>tokyogigguide
Thanks. It's quite a simple site but comprehensive nonetheless. Also, you're not kidding about the multiple acts.
>>
>>68617265
I thiiiiiiiink live houses got their name from originally taking over what would be a living space (house, unit, apartment) but I think it's just applied to all venues. Not sure about that one, but it's just what they're called.

What kind of music do you like? Maybe I can rec something or give you a general idea of which wards to look for venues in.
>>
>>68617306
I look forward to seeing you around the next few days
>>
>>68617375
whatever go fuck yourself anon
>>
>>68617401
Ok, ziggy shitdust
>>
>>68617325
Another hot tip - Disk Union & Tower Records are legitimately good if you're after records. Disk Union especially, and it's all reasonably priced. Don't get spooked by the fact that they're big chains, most of the records are in pretty good condition too. Found a copy of Fishmans' Long Season (took so long) in like near mint for 3000~ yen.
>>
>>68617329
Folk rock, noise rock, experimental, electronic
>>
File: 1385657442824.png (40KB, 178x140px) Image search: [Google]
1385657442824.png
40KB, 178x140px
>>68617461
I'm at a loss of words. I don't even know what to do that's not attention seeking behavior. This is not very clear to me but I'll figure it out.
>>
>>68617461
I think you'd have to look into bands in those genres t b h. The only electronic venues I can rec are clubs, but I feel like there might be some overlap between the typically punk venues and noise rock. Shimokitazawa and Setagaya have a pretty dense population of punk/rock live houses apparently.

Found this http://japanlive.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/japan-live-tokyo-live-house-guide.html It's old but most of these venues are still operating afaik.
>>
It's a large cultural hub city, so yes.

However, the surface level shit is as generic as any other city in the world. The underground has a much more unique identity; very noisy and heavy in improvisation.
>>
>>68616369
Get off of this board and go to sleep before I call your mom and convince her to ground you.
>>
>>68617119
Shinjuku's a great place to find just about everything... I mean, shit, I've played Shinjuku.
>>
>>68617539
what?

>>68617568
By electronic I don't mean techno. But I'm flexible. I like a lot of other genres but those are probably what I listen to the most. I'll have to check out the Loft in Shinjuku.
>>
>>68616244
>I'm moving to Tokyo soon
Good luck anon, I couldn't take more than six months in that shithole.
>>
>>68618080
I spent a year in Japan but it was rural so I'm sort of worried. Of course I have visited Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka/Yokohama but I haven't lived so let's see. What makes it a "shithole" in your opinion/experience?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.