[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Savant drops a four disc series as part of a mega album >Nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: a2759763092_16.jpg (99KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a2759763092_16.jpg
99KB, 700x700px
>Savant drops a four disc series as part of a mega album
>Nobody to talk to about it

This shit is fucking nuts.

Ode to Joy
If God Knew
Ratcheteer

Are my three favorite tracks off the first disc, but there are some honorable mentions. Who else is listening?
>>
you must be 18 years of age or older to post here
>>
>>68613022

nice meme
>>
>>68612979
is this post-punk savant or brostep one?
>>
>>68613315

Of course it's early 80s savant with a logo like that my dude
lmao
>>
>>68612979
Never heard this album or this band... but that cover art is atrocious.
>>
>>68612979
Never heard about this band. I'll take a look and post in a moment.
>>
>>68613394
old guy craves to be relevant
it is a common thing
>>
>>68613494

It's electronic. If you aren't into that sort of thing, you won't like it. He pumps out so much content that not all of it is great, but there are loads of really good tracks.

Something about his melodically powerful stuff really does something for me that nobody else has really quite been able to nail. He fiddles around with all sorts of subgenres, and dabbles in classical and jazzy/swingy stuff too.

Don't expect to be dazzled by every track, but keep an open mind.
>>
File: savant.jpg (559KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
savant.jpg
559KB, 1200x1200px
>>68613599
I am >>68613494
Dude, Now I remember this album because I downloaded from a "deepweb" chan a couple of years ago. The fact it was "hidden" from the rest of the internet struck me I don't remember any song though, but I remember the base of Ode to joy. Thanks for sharing (not the same album but still). Great memories.
>>
Wow this guy's actually getting talked about on here... ISM is his best album imo.
>>
>>68612979
Haven't lisnted it yet is it good ?
>>
Favorite and least favorite Savant albums GO.

1. Protos
2. ISM
3. Zion
4. Orakel
5. Alchemist
6. Invasion
7. Vario
8. Cult
9. Overworld
10. Heart
11. Vybz
12. Overkill
13. Ninür
>>
Link?

I used to like Savant a a teenager, now sure how I'd feel about him now. I thought he died or something.
>>
>>68614794

AS a teengager
>>
you could call him 'just brostep' but he often times likes to push the envelope/uses more diverse instrumentation beyond making new Modern Talking growl presets

I would call this one baroque brostep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHjGGQI3iU0
>>
My nig

My favs are cult of the Alchemist, arrival VIP, ode to joy, never been to Japan, and a lot others I can't recall

But theres a lot of fucking trash in the album like what the fuck is the sledgehammer vip
>>
>>68615581

My fucking man, OP here, this is probably my most listened to track. The sorta glitch-hoppiness of this track combined with the really crazy and melancholic but calculated chords really blow my fucking ears off.

>>68614543
ISM is fucking good, overworld and alchemist were good on the whole. Cult was a pretty good album, Zion was pretty good as well. I haven't listened to everything on every album though, so you know. But as for getting talked about, I don't usually frequent /mu/ but i had to talk about this with someone, I'm glad to see that at least there are some savant fans around here. This is his biggest release in his 5 years so SOMEONE has to post about it

>>68614741
I would put overworld above invasion but I would put dreamscape above most tracks on overworld no doubt.

>>68615913
>There's a lot of fucking trash
Honestly, yeah. for example, on the second album, that second last track All The Time, what the fuck? But the good stuff is really good, and he releases enough that we get a lot of it.
>>
>>68616081
All the time is even worse when you find out it's actually a Vinter in Hollywood song called "Scream" with more lyrics and not as repetitive

https://youtu.be/POJ9o6ykQ5c
>>
>>68614741
1. Invasion
2. Vybz
3. Orakel
4. Protos
5. Alchemist
6. ISM
7. Vario
8. Cult
9. Overworld
10. Zion
11. Overworld
12. Heart
13. Overkill
>>
>>68616346
>>68614741
shit, 11 is Ninur my b
>>
>>68616175

It makes me wonder about Aleks' mindset towards producing. Cause like, not everything is good, hes gotta know that. Does he like everything he makes? Does he enjoy his really loud and obnoxious synth songs? The ones that aren't really melodic whatsoever, that just throw out the angry synths with no structure, the ones that it seems like no reasonable person would listen to. And this is coming from someone who really likes Melody Circus, and that's pretty unstructured with no real hook as far as they go. It almost seems like he gets a few real hits and whips out some thoughtless tracks. All The Time had so much potential too.

That's another one; so many times he has such a nice buildup and a really awful drop, and other times he has a pretty mediocre intro and you need to trudge through it to get to a part in the song worth listening to.

Its not free of criticism, the dude has some bad music, but I can't stop myself from listening to him.
>>
>>68616175

The repetition really got me. At least in Troll on Vybz, the repetition catches you off guard with the chord progression, but doesn't sound bad at all. In All The Time, it's hard to listen to because it just drags on soooooooo long. And the worst thing is the loop itself isn't especially bad, just the execution of it. I get that sometimes you wanna throw off your listener, but that's just too much. What a waste.
>>
>>68614445
>>68612979
Thanks for laff
>>
>>68614741
Ninür (One of my favorite albums of all time)
Zion
Heart
Overkill
Vybz
ISM
Overworld
Vario
Orakel
Alchemist
Invasion
Cult
Protos
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.