[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what albums with these sort of crushing but strangely triumphant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

what albums with these sort of crushing but strangely triumphant and hopeful feels
>>
File: Ween-TheMollusk.jpg (269KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-TheMollusk.jpg
269KB, 1280x1280px
thats my favorite feel
>>
House of Balloons
>>
File: GIles corey.png (383KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GIles corey.png
383KB, 500x500px
Giles Corey takes you to the darkest feels and then strangely gives you hope on the last two tracks.
>>
File: judee sill.jpg (87KB, 319x319px)
judee sill.jpg
87KB, 319x319px
hello it is i, the resident judee sill shill
>>
Thing with BLA is I love the music and I love the vocal performances but I've always thought the lyrics were too much of a cluster fuck

Example

You're not listening, I said "stop," because it's come to be too much. I can't just pile aesthetic-perceptive dilemma, over-analytic demeanors, feelings of loneliness, worthlessness and unproductivity atop the other, allowing each to bleed through their fabricated boundaries and become one more thing to notice me before it's too late and too far away from when I dreamt of explaining to you that you are an everywhere that caused these words I'd somehow type, my fingers, feet and diaphragm all screaming. And as things grew more complicated, conscious expansion cultivated, the books' ideas, songs' polyphony, texture, content danced around me. Unlike all the events staged (the puppeteer'd façade I'd made) this was naturally extraordinary and grabbed me from the ordinary, now perceived reduction theory of where we are.
From afar it made less sense and appeared beauty-less, which I guess is its defense, not that any simple allegory transcends my inability to relate. It's this ability to relate that provides the socially obligatory things that I want to re-learn why we're friends again? I thought you knew.
I can pile one atop the other, it just feels bad. It just feels bad to realize you might hear something in the quietest of nights and that there are two of me and one of them will say "Hannah" way before now.
>>
File: microphonesglow.jpg (152KB, 600x600px)
microphonesglow.jpg
152KB, 600x600px
>I could not get through September without a battle
>I faced death
>I went in with my arms swinging
>But I heard my own breath
>And I had to face that I'm still living
>I'm still flesh
>I hold on to awful feelings
>>
this makes me sad
>>
>>68614472
Huh, I've always loved how unique and word-soupy Adam's lyrics are.
>>
>>68612126
>deleted from bandcamp
but why?
>>
File: agaetisByrjunCover.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
agaetisByrjunCover.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>
File: splendor+misery.jpg (29KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
splendor+misery.jpg
29KB, 628x628px
>>68614517
this
>>
>>68614451
do Your thing anon, she is great.
>>
>>68614882
I have some tasty details about BLA that you might find interesting. Because of recent events I can now reveal them to the world.

A band that I'm in (will go unnamed) was on a small time label (will go unnamed) that contacted Adam directly and struck up conversation to reissue all of the band's LPs. It was definitely going to happen, like it was a done deal. Nothing ever went into production but plans were being made.

As all of this was developing a few other artists on the label knew about the possible BLA reissues, though it was supposed to be on the down low. Now get THIS. Adam said that he had been contacted Jeff Rosenstock of Bomb the Music Industry! about BLA reissues but that fell through because of various things.

So some time passes and one of the artists on the label (will go unnamed) went to an event that Jeff was at and TOLD HIM ABOUT BLA POSSIBLY DOING REISSUES ON OUR LABEL. Jeff was completely unaware of this at the time.

More time passes and Adam just straight up stopped replying our label's messages and phone calls.

One can only assume that Adam is going to reissue the albums on Jeff's label. To make matters even more hilarious the label I was called it quits recently.

Gotta' love the business aspect of music, eh?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.