[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What's that? A Nobel prize? Yeah I don't gaf Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Dylan_mediaitem92052891.jpg (6KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Dylan_mediaitem92052891.jpg
6KB, 320x180px
>What's that? A Nobel prize? Yeah I don't gaf

Is there any other musician still alive more based?
>>
>>68607574
I really don't like how he's handling this situation. It feels like he's acting like he's above it.
>>
>>68607608
He doesnt care
>>
>>68607608
The modern Nobel prize is a joke, he is above it.
>>
David Byrne
>>
>>68607574
This whole thing is hilarious. The Nobel people deserve this for giving it to a guy who they should have known wasn't going to give a shit.
>>
>>68607608
he is completely above it tho. obama got a nobel for fucks sake
>>
>>68607817
The peace price isn't a real Nobel. It's not even given out by the Swedes.
>>
>>68607608
It's not that he's "above" or "below" it. It's that it truly does not matter. I've often thought that Bob is a smug jerk but I'm impressed.
>>
>>68607574
He will be fine
>>
>>68607738
I don't know about that. They gave Higgs the Nobel in 2013 and he gladly showed up.
>>
>>68607608
He is
>>
>>68607574
yeah, hitler is more based t b h
>>
>>68608221
t. middle schooler
>>
>>68607799
>The Nobel people deserve this for giving it to a guy who they should have known wasn't going to give a shit.
This exactly.

Why would you give it to Bob Dylan of all people?
>>
Got to love the knee-jerky millennials who think the Nobel prize isn't valued anymore because obama and a meme artist won a literature and peace prize. Nobody normally care about those prices. They're only there to draw public attention to the real scientific prizes. It seem to have worked.
>>
>>68608245
t. memeretard who has no idea about history
>>
>>68607574
he's fucking tired
>>
>>68608284
woah mr knowledge over here
>>
>>68608351
yeah! you got a problem with that, brainlet?
>>
>>68607968
Higgs is one of about four good physics Nobel prize decisions in the 2000s but basically the physics prize will continue to be a joke for every year Ed Witten does not get it.
>>
>>68608380
dude you're cool
>>
>>68607574
I love Dylan's lyrics, he is one of my all-time favorite artists of any medium, but if we judge his lyrics specifically as literature instead of music then we've invited comparison to major American writers. That means we're putting him up to giants like Pynchon, Ashberry, and Roth, and when he's stripped of his musical accompaniment and limited to just ink on a page, he cannot compete. I think he knows it too.

He has always been a self-described song-and-dance man and rejects labels of excessive praise. The Nobel committee has been a bit of joke for the past couple of decades and this recent direction they've taken in attempt to attract more attention is an embarrassment. Dylan turning them down is exactly the wake up call they need
>>
>>68607799
>>68608261
So they should just give the award to whoever they think will suck up to them the most instead of the person they actually think deserves it?
>>
>>68608153
This.
>>
>>68608717
shut up nerd
>>
>>68607799
They deserve it for giving the Nobel Prize in Literature to a fucking musician
>>
>>68607608
It just doesn't matter.
>>
>>68608391
curious who you feel the other 3 are, I'm assuming Geim and Novoselov are on there?
>>
>>68608717
Roth is narcissistic dogshit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.