[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today is the 20th anniversary of the release of the album Soundtracks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sftb.jpg (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sftb.jpg
67KB, 1000x1000px
Today is the 20th anniversary of the release of the album Soundtracks For The Blind by Swans.

What's your opinion on the album?
What's your favorite song from it?
What's your favorite line?
Any memorable experiences with it?
>>
Thom
>>
if your favorite song isn't helpless child you're wrong
>>
>>68607426
Still debating whether this or You're Living All Over Me is my favorite album. I like that this album takes a bunch of different turns with every song, that leaves room for new ideas to grow and be expanded on.

My favorite song is Helpless Child, like most people. The first disc is spectacular as a whole, but Helpless Child is the one that gets the album going.

I can't say I have a favorite line, but the "Everyone knows that you are fucked up" line is the one that always gets me. It's heart breaking. Another one is the "legally blind" part of "How They Suffer", that's another heart breaking moment.

I would say my most memorable experience is listening to this album for the first time and getting the idea into my head some songs through the second disc to try and listen to this album with my eyes closed. I did, and song that followed right after doing that was Hypogirl. I had the shit scared out of me and decided to keep my eyes open for the rest of the album.

At first, I wasn't sure what to think about the album. It was so strange and bizarre, although I had only just started exploring new kinds of music. If it's your first time listening to this album, but your first time listening to Swans, I recommend you listen to their entire discography leading up to this album, as it will make a lot more sense.
>>
IN A SUNNY DAY ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY
>>
IN A SUNNY DAY ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY
>>
But does everyone know that you are more fucked up than me?
>>
>>68607497

A lot of my love for Helpless Child comes from my love for Gira's singing, he's gotta be one of my favorite vocalists.

It's strangely relaxing but ominous
>>
>>68607426
>What's your opinion on the album?
One of the very few albums I truly consider 10/10

>What's your favorite song from it?
The Sound

>What's your favorite line?
"testing testing, 1 2 3... Well, well fuck huehue"

>Any memorable experiences with it?
The first time I listened to Volcano, & it scared the shit out of me, & I had an actual panic attack.
>>
It's my ultimate roadtrip album. Every time I got a long, several hour, ride on a shitty bus I put this album on. Drifting back and forth out of sleep with it on is a strangely beautiful experience.

Favorites are I Was a Prisoner in Your Skull, Volcano, and Hypogirl.

Also can someone please recommend me something similar in sound to Volcano, I literally can't think of any other piece of music that has the same feeling as that song. It just puts me into this unique, dream-like mood like I'm in a dance club ran by David Lynch, it's brilliant. Is Jarboe's solo stuff any similar?
>>
>>68607426
How They Suffer scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it
>>
one of my favorites

helpless child or the way they suffer (although all the tracks are great

favorite line is "And I'd like to eat her breasts and know God" from volcano

memories of me being 15 biking around ghetto neighbor hoods for 2 hours late at night because it was my first time listening to it
>>
>What's your opinion on the album?
10/10 one of the most emotional albums I've heard. It's so different in what it has on it but it has this theme and structure that's so well developed.
>What's your favorite song from it?
I Was a Prisoner In Your Skull or Animus.
>What's your favorite line?
Well I know that, and you know that. But our purpose is to tell EVERYONE that.
>Any memorable experiences with it?
The Sound came on one night as a snow storm was really messing up the roads in NC. I live out in the country away from a lot. I was driving home and the roads were icy and my vision was obscured and as soon as the distorted guitar came in my car slid off the road because I hit a patch of ice. Car and I were fine, but it definitely was scary
>>
>>68609997
you should check out Gas if you haven't already. It's more like a renoir painting than a lynch film, but the "surrealist dance club" feeling is there.

Zauerberg, Konigsforst, and Pop are all great
>>
>>68610134
shit, "how they suffer" "not the way they suffer"

haven't listened to it for a long time. one of those albums you have to start in the evening and let it go all the way through with no pauses
>>
>>68607426
One of my favs of all time

Volcano or Animus

>''Everyone knows you are fucked up''

Listening to it for the first time
>>
>>68607426
I love this album the most out of every Swans album, although the past couple have gotten pretty close. I love most of the production choices, and the variety of imagery and sounds you get is spectacularly vast. The one thing that always bothered me at times is the track-listing, and sometimes the live tracks stand out really bad (Yum-Yab). The album overall is a patchwork of every element of Swans sound violently dashed at the wall, but something about the transitions and samples used just make this album awesome.

Favorite track is Volcano. It's so shocking and twisted, but oddly dance-able.

I agree with >>68607737, the "everyone knows" rant is one of the best personal recordings I've ever heard. It's so intimate, but bizarre because the situation seems so dire yet undecipherable.

Really remember this album because it was the first Swans album I was exposed to, and I listened to it while replaying Metal Gear Solid 3 at my friend's house. We got stoned, popped on the album, and the music started to sync up really well to the game. Was an unforgettable experience going through all through ups and downs while jamming out to one of my favorite games.
>>
File: 1476588914952.jpg (83KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1476588914952.jpg
83KB, 500x667px
>>68607497
my negro
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.