[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't actually know that basic /mu/core was inaccessible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1472769623332.png (252KB, 691x815px) Image search: [Google]
1472769623332.png
252KB, 691x815px
I didn't actually know that basic /mu/core was inaccessible.

>be at party
>friend's house
>we've had a few
>he asks me to put a song on
>try to think of something acceptable
>think that animal collective might be accessible
>put on Also Frightened by Animal Collective
>friend said he started to feel physically sick
>said he felt like he was stuck in a bubble
>they were making jokes about me for the rest of the night
>mfw
>>
>>68602110
dude also frightened is like the least accessible song on that album, why didn't you put on my girls or summertime clothes or something?
>>
>>68602139
I probably should've. I just think Also Frightened has great vocals that they may have liked.
>>
>>68602188
well at least you learnt from your mistakes man
>>
>>68602110
i played for reverend green-fireworks for carpool when given the aux chord totally forgetting about the screams
>>
how does this story always repeat itself?
no, you can not play /mu/core at a party
not even Death Grips
not even Animal Collective
not even Talking Heads
Kanye is the only exception, but knowing you people you would pick out just the right Kanye song to kill the mood

please just play some new-ish hip-hop
most like it, and the rest tolerate it
>>
>>68602262
I was curious to see if the greentexts on here were true desu.
>>
>>68602262
and to add to that, if you know the people you are with, you can try to play accessible stuff
just keep in mind that it's a party, people want happy music with a clear rhythm

some people might even like /mu/core in private, but he doesn't want to listen to it when he goes partying
if you want to show off with your taste then talk about it with people, don't shove it down their throats when they're having fun
>>
>>68602262

Only good /mu/core to play at parties is Since I Left You.
>>
>>68602262
Meh, I've played talking heads before. Also got a friend who's into anco who's played them a few times. No complaints.
>>
>>68602262
You can play some Art Angels tracks though
>>
File: samus.jpg (55KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
samus.jpg
55KB, 449x449px
You have to just not be an autist and know your audience. If you're just at a general party with a bunch of normies that you know with varying degrees of familiarity, play whatever super-accessible mainstream artist that you can tolerate the most, or even that you like.

If you're at a chill small party with a handful of friends you know pretty well, and you know they're open to different types of music, play some accessible-tier upbeat /mu/core.

If you're with a few people who you know are patrician-level, go to town.

In addition, you might be with people who are into a certain subgenre. Play metal if you're with metal-heads. Play folky stuff if you're with some flannel-wearing Seattle hipsters. Playing mainstream hip-hop with either of these groups would actually be bad.

Depends entirely on your audience. Just know who you're with.
>>
Hello Japan!
>>
File: 1421860870859.jpg (20KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1421860870859.jpg
20KB, 500x400px
>going to a party with a bunch of basic motherfuckers

just get better friends mang. i've never even had to endure drake or whatever at a party.

i swear to god everyone on these threads is 18 and in freshman year of college.
>>
>>68603328
I'm 22 and one of the people there I've know since I was in high school. I was more curious to see how they'd react. I was very surprised that outright hostility was the reaction.

I do have one friend who enjoys similar music to me, thankfully.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.