[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this going to be Wayne's Blackstar? Is he truly acknowledging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is this going to be Wayne's Blackstar?
Is he truly acknowledging his moment is coming?
RIP
>>
Nah, it's just going to be shit, like every other Flaming Lips release.
>>
>>68593851

epic
>>
>>68593851
this
Wayne Coyne is a fucking tryhard
>>
Why is this guy pretending to know Polish?

Serious fucking question.
>>
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
>>68594221
Hey how about you do some fucking research before making a retarded statement like that you dipshit cocksucker. They were inspired by a polish author.
The single sucked and I'm expecting this album to suck too though.
>>
I remember when we used to be able to have an actually discussion about their music here.
>>
>>68594327
They turned themselves into memes first.
>>
>>68594353
They've been making meme music for 20 years now. Remember zaireeka?
Flaming Lips last two albums were great (not counting the cover and collab albums.) I think this will be good too.
>>
>>68594221
>>68594262
Where's this polish stuff coming from? Is "Oczy Mlody" not a Flaming Lips-style so wacky made up word/confetti fart? Sounds like that to me, but I might be wrong. I'd like to think it's not just supposed to be something like Oxycontin Melody, and I don't think it is.

>>68594425
truthposting right here.
although, respect should be given to the great In The Court of the Crimson King cover album.
>>
>>68595490
>I'd like to think it's not just supposed to be something like Oxycontin Melody, and I don't think it is.

"About five years ago I found a little paperback book in a used bookstore. I liked the cover, a painting of a woman that looks like Eryka Baddu crying and sweating,and the title ‘Blisko Domu’. I didn’t know what it meant. It’s written in Polish (Blisko Domu means Almost Home).. But I didn’t care. I liked it and it is one of the books I have in the studio that I would look at all the time in between mixes and slow recording times. I would read it as a kind of meditation. Meaningless (well, meaningless to me. I don’t speak Polish) sentences and paragraphs. I would flow over the text like I was reading but It would never alight any story.. occasionally I would stumble upon cool sounding words and phrases not having any idea of their real mean- ing and I think I would allow the words to trigger something, maybe something subconscious, in my searching mind. I stumbled upon the words “Oczy Mlody”.. they struck me as sounding like Oxy (as in Oxycodone) Melody and, as my imagination ran away with it, also the name of a drug made in the future. Every time I would pick this book up I would, kind of, add to the made-up meaning that I had given to the words that I liked.. The actual meaning of “oczy mlody” is something like “eyes of the young”.. which we (Steven and Dennis and I) thought was great.. Eyes Of The Young is not really a title that appealed to us but Oczy Mlody meaning “eyes of the young “greatly appealed to us.. Ha.. Who knows why.. And so we began to realize we were starting to make a record with this kind of removed,abstract substitute meaning.. or a record that we followed what meaning the initial sounds triggered.. . Sounds of words. Sounds of music. Sounds of beats.."
>>
>>68594425
what do you have against the collab album
>>
>>68595597
My worst fear...

to be fair though I think that is just as whimsical as anything this band has ever went forward with. I'm not Polish but I think it's kind of lame to just find a language and go "This looks fuckn goofy dude lmao", but someone finding magic in the aesthetics of a language is pure too. I think there's little Wayne can say on social media these days that I won't think is douchey to some degree and this is no exception.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.