[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here making his own music? I made some shitty "tracks"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 170px-Reason-Software-Logo.svg.png (7KB, 170x157px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Reason-Software-Logo.svg.png
7KB, 170x157px
Is anyone here making his own music?
I made some shitty "tracks" when I was a teenager in reason 4 and I really want to get back into it.
What's current go to application for amateur "music" creators?

Also post your music if you like to!
>>
There's no ultimate recipe for life
You could produce valuable art even with Audacity
Just experiment and find your own way

But if specifically asking after DAW's, you're fine with Reason 4 as long as you don't miss VST support. As an alternative I recommend Ableton.

Have fun!
>>
>>68591769
>Ableton
Lol. Just get FL Studio, OP
>>
>>68591818
I used FL (not if studio or not) and it seemed pretty limited, can I make my own synthesizers and shit?
>>
I really like Reason, except when it comes to actual audio clips. Having to load them into a sampler and trigger them via MIDI is a pain in the arse.
>>
>>68591864
You can you dumb fuck, this isnt 1980s
>>
File: 1467412232949.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1467412232949.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>68592138
>tfw born 1980
>>
>>68591603
i like cubase and ableton live
>>
>>68591818
Too bloated for my taste, weak and useless plugins, ugly UI, shit sound quality, less intuitive workflow

It would be ironic if you as a FL user were it judging merely because of it's user base.
>>
>>68591769

>music is subjective xDD

fuck off
>>
I use studio one personally. Clean, simple, and powerful
>>
>>68592113
It is but I've made some cool stuff with it
>>
>>68592243
How did you manage to read that out from my post?

Contrary to most faggots on this board I do think that the worth and quality music is and can be determined in an objective manner, and wonder why they do this horrible music to themselves. (Or at least it appears so from the threads I see)

Of course we all have a sense for either "good vibrations", shit or mediocre; explains track placement in album tracklists eh?
>>
How the fuck do you loop a single device in Reason 5. When you select "loop" it loops all of the devices. I didn't have this problem in Fruity Loops.
>>
Reason for recording. Fl studio for in comp sound production
>>
I use Reason 6(? I forget which version it is lol) but I've been using Reason for about 6 years and love it. Still nowhere near having figured it out tho, but I never tried too hard to figure it out I just play around with it mostly. But I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 that I'm trying to set up with Reason, does anyone else have one that they use with Reason? I'm having a few problems
>>
>>68593197
what problem are you having exactly
>>
>>68591603
Go for FL Studio, I used Reason for years but ultimately it sucks, good for learning though. FL Studio is more like reason programmingwise than Ableton. I just use ableton for mixing today.
>>
>>68593267
It's possible it's just my mic is shit but there's no way I can get rid of this buzzing sound whenever it's plugged into the 2i2
>>
>>68591603

>>68578986
>>
I use Reaper but I mostly record and work with live instruments. I do some bleeps occasionally though and for me it works great for that too. Choosing a DAW is mostly just what works for you and that you find the most intuitive and gets you from point A to B fastest.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.