[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why Metallica isn't the best band of the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Tell me why Metallica isn't the best band of the history
>You can't
Tell me how Lars Ulrich sucks and how he created the best drums ever
Also tell me how they sold out making albums that they liked
>>
>>68584119
Metal is for manchildren lol
>>
>>68584119
Their quallity dropped rapidly with Black Album.
>>
>>68584130
Seriously this
>>
File: scullymully.gif (966KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
scullymully.gif
966KB, 500x579px
>>68584130
>>68584146
>>
>>68584119
I always wanted to talk to somebody who genuinely likes metallica. Maybe you could elaborate on why you think they're good.
>>
They're not even the best thrash metal band
>>
When did you grow out of growing out of metal?
>>
>>68584130
>>68584146

Indie /Alt is the definitive adolescent man-child music
>>
>>68584196
Right before I grew back out of metal
>>
>>68584170
It is the pure definition of Metal, James's voice is the perfect voice, the riffs are just Metal, the lyrics are amazing, they have songs like Whiplash and songs like the unforgiven which are completely different songs wich such a different vibe, and still, to this day I Don't understand how they're sell outs
>>
>>68584130
B8
>>
>>68584333
Wow, how opinions can differ. I also enjoy their melodic songs like Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters and Fade To Black. The Thrash stuff just sounds extremely off to me. It wants to be heavy, but is way too groovy to be considered heavy. The vocals want to be aggressive but are so forced that it seems almost comical to me. No blast beats and no double bass whatsoever.
I do enjoy a wide variety of metal and am used to tech death and such so maybe it's just too hard for me to get into music that wants to be heavy but really is not.
I can see Metallica's pioneering role in metal though, hence I'm curious.
>>
>>68584608
Double bass is there, listen to something like Dyers's Eve, Damage.Inc ir even Battery.With that said, Metallica is not Heavy? So, you hear songs like Sad But True, Master Of Puppets, Enter Sandman or anything above, and you think they are not metal or that they are trying too Hard? That's stupidly impressive
>>
>>68584770
It's obviously metal. What I'm saying is that I have huge difficulty getting into it. I am used to bands that absolutely wreak havoc if you may call it that. I'm not familiar with some of the titles you've named but surely there are exceptions that do sound heavy. I don't consider Metallica particularly heavy in general though. Like I said, I think it's just too groovy and bluesy which completely negates any heavyness for me, at least in context of their music. I'm also not saying that they are trying too hard, but that I get the feeling because I am used to music much heavier. I respect Kirk Hammet as a musician and as you can sometimes hear his Satriani influences I am left wondering why the rest of his playing is so dull.
>>
>>68584119
Because Radiohead exist.
>>
The Smiths exist
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.