[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agree? Thoughts? >Style (image branding and marketing) are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 5dfe3d45.png (651KB, 790x422px) Image search: [Google]
5dfe3d45.png
651KB, 790x422px
Agree? Thoughts?

>Style (image branding and marketing) are just as much art forms as music. And in the context of making music as a business, they are essential to the process of successfully communicating the artistic merit of the music.

>Style is the medium of communication. Music is the message. No style, no message = no career
>Yes style, no message = fleeting success (Jepsen, Mayberry, Marina)
>No style, yes message = limited success (Lanza, Herndon)
>Yes style, yes message = success (Grimes)

>Good artists have great ideas. Great artists have great ideas about how to communicate great ideas - it's all about taking artistry to the next level.
>>
>thoughts?

Why don't mods force Grimeshitters into one thread like their equal, kshitters?
>>
>>68582569
>grimes is equal to kpop
you're even more autistic than a regular grimesfag
>>
>>68582490
The word 'art' is effectively meaningless. Sure, all disciplines can be elevated to the level of 'art', if 'art' is taken to mean a privileged, elevated level of craftsmanship.

In that sense, I would argue that the 'art' of 'style' works against the 'art' of music, as I enjoy it.

And if we accept your premise about which artists find long-term success (I don't have an opinion on Grimes myself), then I see a question of whether the message and style of the artist is amenable to 'style' -- which is a vascillating thing, moving at the speed of capitalism.

And style is not a medium, it is the thing being communicated (the body might be the medium, or any number of other things). Music is a medium, but as MacLuhan said...
>>
>>68582569
>force
Ever heard about the concept of freedom, fuckwit? Would you like to force you to post only on your Swans threads (or whatever artist you like)?
>>
>>68582666
So you think KPOP shouldn't be in a general then, 10 KPOP threads at once would be okay?
>>
>Yes style, no message = fleeting success (Jepsen, Mayberry, Marina)
>No style, yes message = limited success (Lanza, Herndon)
>Yes style, yes message = success (Grimes)

This thread is just a proxy for your shitty waifu wars. I've never listened to Grimes and I'd probably like her music, but thanks to people like you I'm not going to find out.
>>
>>68582693
>10 KPOP threads at once would be okay?
I don't care. I filter them and never see them again. Problem solved.

There are many bad things in the world, but do you pay attention the any of them?
>>
>>68582789
Okay, use a subject title for every Grimes spam thread so they can be filtered and everyones happy just like you do with KPOP.
>>
>>68582710
It's a quote. Discuss the idea behind that post ("Style (image branding and marketing) are just as much art forms as music"), don't be an idiot triggered when you're seeing some popstars mentioned.

>I've never listened to Grimes and I'd probably like her music, but thanks to people like you I'm not going to find out.
You wouldn't have listen to her in any case (e.g. you would never hear about her). Nothing of value has been lost.
>>
>>68582800
See this >>68582802

btw it's not necessary to have the keyword "grimes" in the subject title in order to be filtered. Just filter "grimes" and hopefully I'll never see your whiny mug again.
>>
File: vmame.jpg (166KB, 663x489px) Image search: [Google]
vmame.jpg
166KB, 663x489px
>>
shrug
>>
File: you.jpg (9KB, 159x233px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
9KB, 159x233px
>>68582569
Take a look at what I've done over here >>68583009 →. Believe me, this cancer can be killed.

I think we should get the ball rolling on this, it's time.
>>
>>68583376
>cancer
why?
>>
>>68583376
Think again retard
>>68583204
>>68583278
>>
>>68583402
>I shitposted your thread into oblivion
lol

What do you think I'm pointing out here, genius?
>>
>>68583415
You're pointing out that you're cancerous stupid spammer that should be blocked forever.
>>
File: 1473889709799.png (109KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1473889709799.png
109KB, 358x358px
>>68583739
lol

Chemo hurts, I guess? Take note people, they can't handle much before they fold.

This would actually be so easy.
>>
>>68583768
Chemo? You're fighting "cancer" with cancer? You must be stupid.
>>
>>68583821
lol

From now on I'm going to shitpost all your grimes threads into oblivion and there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it. I'm gonna do it for the lulz.
>>
>>68583862
Just try that, dumbass, and see what happens. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>68584106
lol

Fuckin' watch me. You haven't witnessed weaponized autism until you've witnessed mine.
>>
>>68584150
Let's see what you got, autist.
>>
>>68584187
lol

I'm shittin' up four grimes threads as we speak. You should add another one, I'm already gettin' bored.
>>
>>68584205
>implied grimesfags are cancer
>>
Jepsen is a more successful and popular artist than grimes

I don't get your point. Grimes' "style" isn't original; you can see this in about any indie "alternative" community. Her message isn't original either.
>>
>>68584295
>Jepsen is a more successful and popular artist than grimes
She's more marketable and radio friendly. Classic popstar look. Bieber is way more popular than Jepsen, so what's your point?

>I don't get your point. Grimes' "style" isn't original; you can see this in about any indie "alternative" community. Her message isn't original either.
Grimes is original, CRJ is just a safe Taylor Swift-lite. Could you name another artist like Grimes?
>>
>>68583415
Clearly that you're a moron.

It's not exactly a secret what happens to trolls who brag about being trolls - especially in Grimes-related threads on /mu.
>>
>>68584448
lol

No, sorry. You'll soon come to respect my work though.
>>
>>68584473
>Thinks posting on 4chan is his 'Work'
>>
I love how you use commercial success and artistic merit totally interchangeably.

This place has really become a joke.
>>
>>68584500
Mods do it for free, why should I be any different?
>>
i love her
>>
>>68584519
lol

Btw - when are you gonna get around to starting that new official /Grimes/ thread you keep talking about excitedly?
>>
>>68584473
I'll respect your "work" by reporting it all the time. You're asking for a ban, I see.
>>
>>68584894
I'm not.

I'm just going to shit up the one that gets posted. I'm not in any rush or anything.
>>
>>68584993
lol

Sorry, but no one here with a brain believes you.
>>
>>68585105
No one here with a brain would still be replying.
>>
>>68585261
>No one here with a brain would still be replying.
>>
>>68585105
>implying you even have a brain
>>
>>68586273
>>68586274
Yeah, something like that.
>>
>>68587600
bump
>>
>>68588334
bump?
>>
>>68582490
Is how pathetic neckbeard grimesfags justify their shitty artist? Lol.

This is like worse than christain apologetics.
>>
>>68588574
>shitty artist
prove it or gtfo
>>
>>68582490

Man, I like some of Grimes stuff and don't really have a strong opinion on her. But god damn I'm so tired of seeing so many threads about her. They're usually all ironic or pointless and make me not want to listen to her. She fine, nothing exceptional. Why do we need so many threads.....
>>
File: fedora katana.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fedora katana.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>68588574
>This is like worse than christain apologetics.
You have to go back.
>>
>>68588720
She tends to elicit very strong reactions from people. It stems from the fact that she is a highly subversive artist who is also very good at her job.
>>
>>68589076

Stop
>>
>>68589130
>insecurity
>>
>>68588720
>Why do we need so many threads.....
Because she's actually exceptional. If you don't see that, it's your problem.
>>
File: 30213-queen.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
30213-queen.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>68582490
Agreed. This is why M.I.A. is GOAT also.
>>
>>68590347
She kinda lost some steam with her latest album. Borders was solid though.
>>
>>68590572
She's still had an excellent career and discog, even if AIM is a bit minor compared to past releases.

My point was though that M.I.A. is an unparalleled aesthetic stylist. Every aspect of her creativity follows a coherent and linked branding and aesthetic. She's extraordinary.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.