[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the big deal with this shit? Whenever I find a song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (20KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 220x220px
What's the big deal with this shit? Whenever I find a song like this on youtube, I hear a shitton of reddit-tier fucks commenting "THE PRODUCTION ON THIS IS PERFECT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU HAVE NO TASTE"

Really? I'm supposed to care how 'tight' the production is? What the fuck does that even mean? Why should I give a shit how it's polished? The music itself is mediocre as fuck. So underwhelming. Don't even get me started on Random Access Memories. What is with the legions of dumbfucks vehemently defending this normie-core and talking about sidechain-compression because they read it in an interview somewhere and now they think they're fucking sound engineers or something? Fuck these people.
>>
I don't know what you're talking about, but RAM was pretty awful, I'll agree with that.
>>
Justice and Daft Punk's music is mediocre, i have absolutely no idea how they are held in such high esteem. And i agree with your points, most people are idiots put simply.
>>
>>68575782
Is that what people are praising? The quality of the production? I'm excited for Woman, but how "tight" it is doesn't stand out to me at all.
>>
i love this deadmau5 record
>>
Both Woman and RAM basically sound like Xanax to me. The formula is okay, but it's trying so hard to be funky and upbeat. It's trying to get trendy. It just sounds like Pharell's 'Happy'. Empty, cold, but trying really hard to convince you that it's actually good.

Brb, gonna go listen to BoC under a bridge by the river and think about life
>>
>>68575782
>reading YouTube comments

Whose the real retard here anon?
>>
>>68576372
Who's*
>>
>>68575782
Blame that fucking movie that uses the title of a Justice song.
>>
>>68578034
WE
>>
>>68578145
WUZ

YO FRIENDS
>>
>>68576317
Cross is a legitimately great record
>>
>>68578211
Thank you

>>68578246
I agree. AVD was a let down, and its still up in the air how Woman will turn out, but I'm optimistic.
>>
It's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCa95DOjn8E
>>
>>68576317
Cross is a genre defining album in terms of electro and French house. The production IS tight as fuck. The way the baseline, percussion, synths, and vocals interlock is like clockwork.

You also can't deny that homework and discovery era daft punk was incredibly influential as well. Human after all was kind of a dud but it had some really catchy and memorable moments too.
>>
>>68579169
Cool, but do they do the production themselves or just send it off to a great studio to have it mixed and mastered to quantized perfection? What's the point of perfect clockwork quantized shite anyway? What do you find so appealing about it? Sure, I like Cross, especially Stress, but it's really a 7.5 out of 10 if anything
>>
>>68578824
Wow, that song was actually impressive. I was getting really bad vibes from the first couple singles from the record, like stuff you'd find on the cutting room floor during Cross and AVD sessions, not too much moving forward
>>
>>68579636
I actually really liked Safe & Sound, but Randy had me worried. And Alakazam has me just as indecisive. Really strong hooks, but everything else feels like filler.
>>
I think in this case is justified tho, the production is something out of this world. It sounds great, but not forced or artificial, it actually feels like it's "real". The kick drum is really tight, loud and punchy, but you still can hear the bass perfectly.
Also people talk about albums being overproduced, but most of the time (not in this case haha) the only thing that takes to sound like that is having someone competent mixing it, it's not about "polishing", it's just having a bit of ear and a decent microphone (not even a good one).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.