[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a 'rapper spouts moral platitudes and critics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: pepeishavingNONEofit.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
pepeishavingNONEofit.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>it's a 'rapper spouts moral platitudes and critics jizz themselves' episode
>>
File: 1472616299350.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472616299350.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>conscious/political hip hop record
>ridiculously safe and tame opinions
>praised as cutting edge and deep
Has there been a concious/political hip hop record this decade that hasn't been like this?
>>
this is why hip hop is at its best when it doesnt take itself seriously, i.e. DOOM
>>
>>68575285
i think good kid maad city did a good job with bringing up political and social topics more subtlety through the story without being "really makes you think" tier
>>
>>68575315
I respect political hiphop records if their opinions are poignant and need to be said. The 90s political stuff was pretty radical for it's time and absolutely were a huge step in social rights in this country, but the past like 10 years of this shit has been nothing but preaching to the choir. Which would be fine, if that preaching was not treated as some sort of revolutionary, monumental achievement.

Basically, fuck kendrick, that's what I'm saying.
>>68575377
maad city was amazingly produced and well written, but kendricks rapping isn't that great, and the social commentary was pretty bland desu. I liked when he talked about himself and his personal experiences, but when it got macro I just lost interest. I fucking hate that kendrick literally takes a breath, and that breath is considered one of the most socially influential breaths of his era.
>>
>>68575237

> this time it's about donald trump
>>
>>68575315
Honestly I wish rap was ,ore well-written and diverse. There are only a few themes
>muh wacky abstract sci-fi bullshit
>WE WUZ KANGS-core
>drugs sex money hype ignant shit
>>
>>68575285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmdSzsSz-I&list=PLkVjx221xOiosRrsO8G_gcLyqraBPFz-9&index=13
>>
>>68575285

To Pimp A Butterfly brought up the hypocrisy of blacks being angry about black on white violence when black on black violence is just as big a problem if not more.

It also promoted racial equality in a year where the whole Black Lives Matter shit started.
>>
>>68575438
>kendrick takes a breath

Dre made him. He's got an eye for talent and seems good at making his chooselings stars
>>
>>68576448
are you claiming the meme was a lie?
>>
>>68576448
well said and so true.
>>
>>68576448
99% of his fans are trendy BLM followers who wouldnt pick up or agree with that. i this one guy who did and he hated The Blacker The Berry for promoting "responsibility and respectability politics" and for bringing up black on black violence lolololol. if lamar ever came out sincerely for those hypocrisies, his supporters would drop him like a brick
>>
>>68575285

Undun was pretty good
>>
>>68575285
On RTJ2 they talked about waterboarding and murdering prison guards.
>>
>>68576448

This is one of the records where I understand the meaning behind it but the songs don't stand up to me for more than 1 listen without getting preachy

Kendrick's best work was GKMC, where it balanced good music with good lyrics. Madd City in particular, complete fire especially with that beat switch
>>
>>68576530
>if lamar ever came out sincerely for those hypocrisies

so are you saying his music isn't sincere...?

pitchfork acknowledged these things and still gave it AOTY
>>
>>68575438
I'm not sure why you think ur reductionism and your "Everything new is a shit imitation of the good old days" view isnt completely autistic but it is. Kendrick is a great lyricist and his music isnt just the final message of be good and we got it bad which, although declining, is still relavent. The way it's told, the story used, and the inclusion of the negative realities that come with such a life lived are all novel, interesting and unique to Klamar.

Not to mention the message of blacks need to work together and stop hindering themselves and the hypocrisy of glorifying/participating in gang violence while being outraged at police brutality showing a clear difference in how we value black lives, are all relavent, pointed messages that need to be heard.

I feel like ur a white guy who thinks there is no race problem in the US because there's a black prez, ur retarded or ur a black guy who lives in white suburbia. Or hey maybe you just hold strong opinions on shit you know literally nothing about. Who knows.
>>
>>68576530
He made the music that held those views and said so in vary plain English, stop trying to force your pre held opinions into the existing evidence.
>inb4 he just said it to sell records
Nobody calls they're community/themselves retarded and hypocritical and expects grammies and love.
>>
>>68576591
Tbh pitchfork is hipster trash that, extremely predictably, gave deathgrips great ratings.
>>
>>68575285
what the fuck does this even mean
>>
>>68577992
I wonder why they gave death grips good ratings...
Hmm
>>
File: check em.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>it's an 'anon gets fuckin sweet digits' episode
>>
>>68576561
Yes, but RTJ's opinion on any matter is literally BLM bait.
>>
File: IMG_1451.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1451.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>it's a "someone spouts a completely safe and comfortable position, ie. something against Trump, and is treated like they will be hanged by the neck for speaking out" episode
>>
>>68578806
Kinda related but all the celebrity virtue signalling circlejerking around Trump is pissing me the fuck off. I'm not necessarily a Trump supporter but everyday it's "Aziz Ansari demolishes Trump", "Bruce Springsteen speaks out on Trump", etc etc

who gives a FUCK

it seems like it's just celebrities want to be part of the cool kids club for insulting Trump or whatever, I don't get the fucking point
>>
>>68578855
>tfw no Deceit-tier anti-Hillary album
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.