[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like Eminem... I really do... But damn... All of his shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Eminem mang.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
Eminem mang.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
I like Eminem... I really do... But damn... All of his shit is starting to sound the same. I'm finding his "freestyles" and rhyming styling in general so fucking uninteresting. Especially when there is not even a beat. Why the fuck does all of his new shit sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvqYabGI6HQ
>>
>>68574353
Go back to your drake and fgt.

If you seriously can't appreciated the genius behind those rhymes without a cliche catchy beat in the background then you don't deserve good music.
>>
>>68575596
Please explain to me why a barely audiable drone should have somebody rapping over it
>>
>>68576623
Could you explain to me why not

It's just for ambience
>>
>>68574353
bar none this is the worst piece of "music" released this year
>>
>>68575596
>jumped out of the 2nd floor of a record store with a treacherous four cassette and a cassette recorder in ecuador with eward norton
>genius
>>
>>68577856
I hate this so much whenever he does that shit
>>
>>68577800
because you could argue that there is no musical significance in the entire song if it would be essentially the same if there was no drone
>>
File: 1476667872510.png (327KB, 932x813px) Image search: [Google]
1476667872510.png
327KB, 932x813px
>>
>>68577949
I think it adds a layer
Slight but present
It's supposed to be an introduction, the first taste of his upcoming album and I think it helps set the tone more than it would with the ambient sounds in the back

But possibly it would be the same without it, I would have to hear
>>
>>68578713
Without*
>>
>>68574353
He's pointing at us
>>
>>68578649
Pretty much this

That being said MMLP2 was a huge disappointment and I hope his next album is better
>>
Not going to sound old & say hip hop peaked in the 90's.

I'm sorry you weren't there. Pimpin out bitches for heroin, blasting Capone & Noreaga.
>>
>>68579626
Now a days, King of Leon is king.

They still like the heroin.
>>
>>68578649
people who deny his borderline autistic ability to rhyme are just being contrarian, but he's going to need to do something much more interesting musically to really catch people's attention
>>
>>68574353
So, people are pushing this new meme because he shitted on your precious Donald right? yeah thought so
>>
>>68580857
Try harder, leftist faggot
>>
>>68574353
wack
>>
>>68581205
Further proves his point

good job stormcuck, good job
>>
>>68578649
It's just too bad everything after The Eminem Show was shit.

But he did have 4 great albums in a row, so no doubt one of the greatest. The only other rappers I can think of that have had even 3 great albums in a row are Outkast, Doom, and Billy Woods.
>>
>>68581476
let me cum in your ear
>>
>>68582343
No but i'm gonna cum in your mother
>>
Infinite: 8/10
SSLP: 9/10
MMLP: 8/10
TES: 7/10
Encore: 5/10
Relapse: 6/10
Recovery: 4/10
MMLP2: 5/10
>>
>>68582546
I agree with the first four.
But everything after TES was 4/10 or below.
>>
>>68582372
enjoy your AIDS
>>
>>68582546
REEEE RELAPSE WAS HIS BEST ALBUM FUCK U
>>
>>68578649
Well yeah it kinda goes without saying that he's ridiculously talented as an MC but that doesn't make his music good by default

Also this is a pretty irrelevant side note but Drake's called about a dozen different rappers the "greatest of all time" by this point, I don't think it means anything to him
>>
>>68582325
8 mile soundtrack is great
>>
Shit like MMLP2 and Recovery sold millions. His fanboys should stop buy his albums and he will make great music again.
>>
I think he's trying to just be an MC without the musician part. We might as well not discuss him in here, dunno. He IS goat in rhymes.
>>
>>68574353
he is undoubtedly still a skilled wordsmith
I enjoyed his earlier albums because they were generally more melodic and comical as well as incorporating the darker undertones at times. also he varied his vocal styles more often on tracks.

he still makes good songs but its getting old listening to him barking out aggro lyrics about his mom and how life is shitty sometimes. if I wanted to hear that I'd listen to limp bizkit or some shit like that
>>
this is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcHtEoyhp4
>>
File: MU.png (372KB, 1294x361px) Image search: [Google]
MU.png
372KB, 1294x361px
Is /mu/ dead?
>>
Everything about Campaign Speech was good except for that he managed not to say anything with his book of lyrics for 7 whole minutes. Kanye or Kendrick could have actually done something interesting with the instrumental
>>
I hate him so much now. He just thinks of a word and then 20 words to rhyme with it. And then another word and another 20 rhymes and so on... The production and beats on all of his albums post-Encore has been awful. He completely lost any sense of music and melody, he's like a robot now.
>>
he's just too fucking miserable now

like back in the day he was happy and funny and sharp and all that, now he just seems to only care about his compound rhyme game
like he heard doom and earl and all them and went full OCD about it

he used to be funny as fuck, what happened to him, like before his life was a wreck but he always had a comeback, now he has all his shit in place and he can't even raise a smile
>>
>>68578649
Its funny he actually sounds like Earl on this track.
>>
>>68584712
People loved him cuz he was a great struggle rapper. But he's too rich and famous for his struggles to be relatable now.
>>
>>68584783
idk why he even bothered trying to relate to angsty teenagers

demographic a&r ruins everything good

he should have just stayed a cheeky outsider, that was why people liked him imo
>>
I was looking for this exact thread on this board as soon as the song came out. He really needs to stop. Maybe it's because I'm not in middle school anymore, but he's so repetitive, childish, and annoying. The Slim Shady days have gone and people moved on.

He's good with the inspirational songs like Guts Over Fear, but eh. Then again, everything after The Eminem Show was in a downward spiral if you really think about it. If he was TES Eminem, he might still be relevant.
>>
>>68585740
He is still relevant and popular. But this is the real problem. That trash freestyle video has more than 6 million views already and people on twitter are excited about his album announcement. I bet he thinks people like it and will make the same kind of shit.
>>
>>68578649
Everyone respects Eminem but none of these guys actually listen to him I guarantee it.

People respect his talent. Doesn't mean he makes good music. The hood doesn't bump his shit. They sure as hell respect him as a rapper though.
>>
>>68578649
Main$tream rappers promoting a main$tream rapper, what a suprise.
Fuck Thug, but i would take Earl or MF Doom over Em any day. Yes, i know early Earl is heavily influenced by Eminem. Still prefer Earl.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.