[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I wrong for thinking U2's post-punk era was quite good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: U2-War.jpg (310KB, 600x597px)
U2-War.jpg
310KB, 600x597px
Am I wrong for thinking U2's post-punk era was quite good even though everything subsequent has been absolute shit?
>>
>>68569082
I Agree
>>
>>68569082
Nah, there's nothing wrong with loving their post-punk era and hating everything else they've made.
>>
They were pretty good during that time.

SUNDY BLUDDY SUNDY
>>
>>68569082

they used to be a good band until at least the early 90s, and I'm not even a fan of them.
>>
They were good through Joshua Tree
>>
>>68569082
They'll never be post-punk
>>
Everything up to and including Achtung Baby is very good to excellent (bar Rattle&Him). Zooropa is spotty and everything after that is bad.
>>
Hating U2 has to be the stalest meme in existence. Everything up to and including Achtung Baby is at least a 7/10 album
>>
>>68569234
achtung baby was terrible, dude
>>
I've gotta say, everything up to and including Achtung Baby is great
>>
Anyone else think everything up to and including Achtung Baby is pretty good?
>>
All their albums after Achtung Baby are fantasic. Pop and Atomic Bomb are just briliant.
>>
War and Boy are good, October is okay.
>>
I really enjoyed Achtung Baby
>>
Warning Kinder is something I enjoyed.
>>
u2 never have been and never will be post-punk
>>
Everything up to zooropa is great, fight me
>>
>>68569325
Lol funny meme :)
>>
>>68569338
your the meme kiddo
>>
>>68569220

even Pop had a few interesting stuff especially in terms of sound and production.
>>
Everything up to and including Achtung Baby.
>>
>>68569082
Stop this meme
>>
EVERYTHING
UP
TO
AND
INCLUDING
AUCHTUNG
BABY
>>
So
This board likes U2
>>
New Year's Day is a banger
>>
>>68569234
Is it just me that loves No Line On The Horizon?
>>
>>68569570
hell no
>>
>>68569082
It was just OK. There's just so much in post-punk, I don't see the point in ever listening to any U2.
>>
>>68569889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdLuk2Agamk
here u go
better than any joy divison song
>>
>>68569889
Meant to say so much better in post-punk.

>>68569912
>better than any joy divison song
Why?
>>
No, but you're wrong in thinking that everything subsequent has been absolute shit.

None of it has been absolute shit, and a couple of albums (Achtung Baby, of course) have been great.
>>
>>68569674
Nah same here, really enjoyed it. It's sort of a pulled punch musically so a few songs are proper garbage (Get On Your Boots, Crazy, Stand Up), but cut those tracks (or replace with some of the songs they regrettably shelved) and you have yourself a modern Unforgettable Fire.
>>
>>68569082
I love all of their 80s output, even Rattle and Hum was interesting IMO, though not as solid as their full albums.

I'm unable to get into any of their 90s work however and still haven't really given any of their 2000s material a chance.
>>
>>68569952
>why?
because the lead singer wasn't a suicidal loser
>>
>>68570075
Oh, OK.
>>
>>68569998
I think Crazy fits well as modern pop. Boots and Stand Up are kind of strange though you're right.

Now Breathe however is something else
>>
Bono is a cunt but War is a good album
>>
>>68569082
they're not as bad as they're made out to be. they have some really great songs, but i don't like any of their albums so i just listen to compilations :p
>>
>>68569082
80's U2 were awesome.
Things quickly went to shit in the 90s.
>>
>>68569082
Only good U2 album is Joshua Tree. Anyone who disagrees is a faggot Redditor
>>
Post punk u2 is the greatest thing to happen to music
The rest is absolute crap though
>>
Why are they always introduced as the biggest band in the world? maybe from 1987-1992 but now?
>>
>>68570968
>t. I just discovered /mu/ 3 weeks ago
>>
>>68569264
most of their post-Zooropa stuff is pretty bad, but I agree that Atomic Bomb has some genuinely fantastic moments
>>
>>68570223
>>68569998
>>68569674
If you cut/replace those tracks it goes from a light 7 to a strong 8 immediately. It's a shame they compromised on the track order, everything else on that album is great.
>>
>>68572051
Have you ever attended any of their concerts? They're a legitimate global phenomenon, their previous tour set the record for highest grossing tour in history, and the current one is pretty damn big too. Their albums may not be doing so great but their concerts are legitimately huge.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.