[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RHCP are the perfect pleb band. As a pleb, you want a cool,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: RFcZvug7.jpg (114KB, 1420x1420px) Image search: [Google]
RFcZvug7.jpg
114KB, 1420x1420px
RHCP are the perfect pleb band.

As a pleb, you want a cool, real, legit rock band. It needs to be chill and cool, though. And people have to think it's good.

RHCP is perfect - they're a real, legitimate part of the original underground alternative/punk scene. But they're so well known that nobody will think you're a geek for knowing them. Plus they're chill and cool, and you know they're good because they have a great guitarist and bassist according to everybody.

For other "underground" bands, you can't go with Black Flag because they're so aggressive and weird that it's like wearing a 'GEEK' sign. Sonic Youth do all this weird noise stuff and people will probably think you're a hipster art fag. R.E.M. is boring like your parents' music.

RHCP are perfect, like Sublime or Green Day. The music may be bland and tedious, but not really any harder to sit through than any other pleb music.
>>
The red hot chilli peppers are literally the same as 'thebigbangtheory'... Noone sane watches shit like that.
>>
>>68566351
TBBT is actually a great comparison, but I wouldn't say it has anything to do with sanity... rather, they're both all about the image their fans believe they have and transfer to them through association... when really, people who know about the subjects see the whole thing as embarrassingly shallow
>>
i hate them so much
>>
Come off it, if the RHCP weren't popular /mu/ would be sucking their collective dick.
>>
>>68566668
And a lot of people would be making fun of them for it, like what happens every time /mu/ likes something bad.
>>
What if all the members in RHCP were black?
>>
>>68566757
Living Colour?
>>
Pleb music or not, they got rich by doing what they love and you gotta respect that.
>>
>>68566816
So did Mussolini
>>
>>68566843
And?
>>
>>68566921
And the Insane Clown Posse
>>
>>68565545
I've been saying this for years
>>
>>68566781
Probably more bad brains
>>
>>68566986
No, Bad Brains are way too good and exciting for this comparison
>>
Frusciante is a legitimate patrician artist, full of soul and talent.
>>
>People on /mu/ actually hate BSSM, Californication, and Mother's Milk because it's popular

If you all had more self awareness you'd rewalize how cringe you all are by trying so hard to be contrarian.
>>
>>68565545
>Sonic Youth do all this weird noise
>R.E.M. is boring like your parents' music.
pleb opinions general?
>>
>>68567280
Mother's Milk is fucking awful
>>
>>68565545
>bland and tedious

uplift mofo party plan wasnt
>>
My favorite band :D
>>
I like RHCP a lot. Mainly just for Fruciante though. Pretty much everything from Mother's Milk through By the Way is solid. Don't really get the hate unless it's for their fans. I guess a better version of RHCP would be Living Colour.
>>
>>68567280
By the Way is their masterpiece
>>
>>68566757
They very briefly had a black guitarist.
>>
>>68566921
Kennedy

>>68566781
I'M THE CULT OF PERSONALITY
>>
and everybody took the bait
>>
One Hot Minute was their last album where they had any edge. It didn't sell as well their previous albums and the lyrics focused on Kiedis' problems instead of sex. It had a very dark tone and was not as much party rock.

After that album they decided to strictly release soft rock and that was the end of RHCP as we know it.
>>
>>68567307
That's the point of the OP, silly.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.