[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Poseurcore >almost half of them are not that difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1476283786033.jpg (704KB, 1277x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1476283786033.jpg
704KB, 1277x1372px
>Poseurcore
>almost half of them are not that difficult
Why are they called Poseurcore? I don't get this meme.
>>
There are no bad albums on this list.
>>
>>68562440
It used to be called 'Mallgoth', I guess times change.
>>
>trout mask replica
why the fuck would anyone want to pretend to like that album
>>
>fishmans
>les rallizes dénudés
how the fuck is that poseur-core
>>
>>68562599
>>68562458
found the poseurs
>>
>>68562458
>>68562599
This.

>>68562613
I bet you didn't listen to any of them.
>>
>>68562440
Proof that anyone can make a meme chart, nothing more. This is pretty good entry-level "getting out of your /mu/-core comfort zone" core (with some /mu/core sprinkled in)
>>
>>68563026
Although I only listened to the Washington Phillips, DI6 and Brötzmann releases off this chart, so who knows if the rest is actually any good.

I would agree that anyone who says he's a fan of Death In June but his favourite release is But What Ends is probably a poseur, but as entry-level stuff it's okay.
>>
>>68563026
What ?
>>
>>68563118
>what
How is your /mu/core comfort zone?
>>
Almost all those albums are great
>>
It's music that poseurs listen to because they think it makes them look le cultured. It has almost nothing to do with the music itself.

t. original poseur
>>
Actual poseurcore is classical
>>
>>68563199
Actual poseurcore is MF DOOM
>>
I would take that chart over /mu/core any day.
>>
i agree that the chart is shit because i really don't know why anyone would claim an album like vision creation newsun is poseur: it's respected by critics (and not just a place like the wire, but your averga pk4-core indie site), loved by a lot of people on /mu/, generally regarded as accessible... there is nothing to "pretend" by saying "hey i like that one".

i do get what is meant by "poseur" in regards to some of the other albums. like that sort of people add me on rym, and sure, you can never be a 100% sure that someone is "pretending" because at the end of the day you don't know them, but you sort of can tell.

like i get added by people aged 16 to 18, whose favorite albums are the essential indie-/mu/-core pack (itaots, kid a, some weezer album, etc) and then out of the fucking blue you have something like conlon nancarrow's studies for player piano. uh... ok?

a lot of people most likely truly love that record and can give you a well-reasoned explanation of why they do, describing its importance and subtleties, etc. but when i see the guy that claims that weezer is his life, that dismisses stuff based on "generic" and "bland", that pretty much seems to collect a few eai ratings every now and then - when i see that guy give a 5/5 to a compilation of 5 discs of complex piano works that he gives no signs of actually understanding/liking - then yeah, i believe poseurs exist.

ffs one guy that has added me rates 5 albums every single day, at the same hour. such a methodical thing to do seems so fucking forced and always one of the ratings is "in search of wild tulips", "good morning good night", insert-other-eai-here.
>>
>>68562440
It was just to give people who actually enjoy that type of music an even more bad name than they already had.
>>
it's not about difficulty, it's a troll chart made with the purpose of triggering a very specific demographic on the board
>>
>>68563026
>This is pretty good entry-level "getting out of your /mu/-core comfort zone" core (with some /mu/core sprinkled in)
Any recommendations for non entry-level music (given that you're not just baiting)?
>>
>>68564362
That's the thing, you gotta go the next steps on your own. Explore the genres, scenes, countries, artists, producers, etc that interest you. Use rym, last.fm, youtube and soulseek to find similar things. Maybe start reading niche music magazines, etc.
>>
>>68563950
what's yout rym?
>>
>>68564464
Niche music magazines? Like what? Example?
>>
>>68565228
The Fifth Path
>>
>>68564740
n-no
>>
>>68565693
i won't hurt you
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.