[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the objective greatest album of all time and why is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1980.jpg (79KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1980.jpg
79KB, 480x480px
what is the objective greatest album of all time and why is it Selected Ambient Works Volume II by Aphex Twin
>>
File: mirage-5356a07d0486d.jpg (454KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mirage-5356a07d0486d.jpg
454KB, 1000x1000px
no its mirage by klaus schulze
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (152KB, 1011x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
152KB, 1011x1080px
The greatest POP album of all time is **still** the Soft Bulletin
>>
>>68560426
SAW 2 isn't Aphex Twin's best album
>>
>>68560494
I regret to inform you of this but it is
>>
>>68560494
>>68560515
His first 2 albums could go either way but this is GOAT
>>
>>68560426

Hello OP, I am not you.

I've loved RDJ's music for about 15 years, and found a lot of other ambient music recently, over the past few years. Andrew Chalk, Thomas Koner, various dark ambient groups, all have been book But there was always SAW II, years earlier. I've always danced around "my favorite album", not having one, but I have tended to shortlist SAW II in the thought process.

I have also typed on /mu/, on many occasions, that SAW II is "the single best thing that RDJ ever did.". So that's also been a firm opinion of mine for a while.

Recently there have been a small patch of RDJ-ish thread on /mu/, and I've been singing the album's praises to the skies.

I won't go along with your stronger opinion, but I will say this. Very recently, I've been thinking about albums that I care about, and I've settled on it. I now have a single favorite album.

Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Volume II is my favorite musical album.

It is the one album that I keep coming back to regularly over the course of my life. It's now maybe been two years since I listened to Abbey Road all the way through, by comparison, and I like Abbey Road.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. Everyone go listen to it sometime, but get in the mood for quiet, contemplative music.
>>
>>68560612
>>68560426

I'd say I much more frequently return to "I Care Because You Do..." because of the variety of tracks on there.
>>
>>68560640

Cool!

Personally I prefer the EPs of the period (the Ventolin EPs), and was never as /crazy/ about that album as the others.

But of course, the massive standout, Alberto Balsalm, makes it rain. As a relatively conventional piece, it has lent itself to other arrangements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlTjeNHv-8
>>
>>68560481
yeesh
>>
File: 11.jpg (108KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
108KB, 500x667px
SAW2 has been my #1 favorite album for the better part of a year and a half and I also want to be on the list of people who can't recommend it enough. Tracks like "Stone in Focus" and "Blue Calx" will stay with you for the rest of your life, I guarantee it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.