[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Even if we're riding around in a limousine, we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

"Even if we're riding around in a limousine, we're still more punk rock than most of the young kids out there in bands because we're making the music we want to make instead of just whatever's popular."
>>
File: IMG_5748.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5748.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>
File: RHCP BM.jpg (160KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
RHCP BM.jpg
160KB, 1024x512px
>>68556430
truuuuu
>>
>>68556504
why is babymetal not headlining this
>>
>>68556430

that's true. I don't listen to rhcp, but they've always had their own thing that they're super about.
>>
BTW, he actually said this back in 2003 and was apparently intended as a dig at all the nu metal/post grunge/pop punk bandwagoners at the time who were playing in a million shitty copycat bands with the same singing style/lyrics/chord progressions.
>>
>>68556603
>implying rchp are any better than any of those bands
>>
>>68556611
That wasn't the argument though.
>>
>>68556611
yes they are, you havent lsitened to OHM or BSSM yet
>>
>>68556777
Incubus and Mudvayne made better music than RHCP in their hey day
>>
The argument was that bands like Nickelback or Nine Days just rode on flavor-of-the-month music fads instead of coming up with their own style and all of those bands were virtually interchangeable with one another.
>>
That's the sad part about Metallica; they didn't include any solos on St. Anger because Lars said "It's 2003, Kirk-san. Solos are not 'in' now." when they had the chance to break from the status quo by playing solos there.

They'd lost their creative ability completely by that point; St. Anger tried only to make a very, very half-assed attempt to sound contemporary and early 2000s.
>>
>>68556611
them digitz.....
>>
>>68556525
I mean, you could argue that their 80s albums were rooted in the same Los Angeles party rock that Van Halen and Motley Crue came out of, but it was still a unique take on the genre and they didn't put on wigs and leather like all the other LA rockers at the time.
>>
>>68556926
why on earth would anyone listen to lars ulrich
>>
>>68557033
Him and James are rude, controlling bullies and Kirk Hammett has to just obey their orders. He protested against the decision to not include solos in St. Anger, but Lars was an ultimate faggot.
>>
>>68556611
>red chili hot peppers
>>
>>68557072
Yeah...when I was like 14 back then, I'd always wonder why current rawk sounded so bland and had no solos, but old shit from the 70s had all these cool blues rock solos on it.
>>
>>68557006
>wigs

?
>>
>>68557006
Their 80's albums started off as kind of a Minutemen ripoff. They basically took Minutemen songs as a framework and incorporated funk elements.
>>
>>68556430
but that new shit they made sucks dick.
>>
I think the closest RHCP came to fad jumping was (kind of) One Hot Minute which tried to be more grunge-like but of course that album bombed.
>>
>>68556611
>Thinking that nu metal or pop punk are better then literally anything

Lel
>>
>>68558197
The bands that started those styles in the 90s were fine, the horrible manufactured crap like Simple Plan and Creed were definitely not ok.
>>
>>68556523
Because Babymetal is a shit meme group that only appeals to weebs and bronies, and has only been around for two years as a semi-real band.

RHCP has a fanbase that was built over decades.
>>
>>68558306
Was Creed even numetal? They just sounded like generic alt rock that could have fit in easily in the first half of that decade.
>>
>>68556430
>citation needed
>>
>>68558476
Post grunge, whatever.

Also Babymetal were touring with RHCP.
>>
>>68558399
I mean, to go by the same metric, you'd have to ask how much of a fanbase RHCP had in 1986.
>>
>>68558658
It's not the same metric though since RHCP didn't have the power of being a meme on the internet, and also didn't have the luxury of being backed by a japanese idol record label and the fanbase that came along with it.

Regardless of jumping in a time machine or not, Babymetal is still a relatively niche group and RHCP are their "senpais" who actually have a multi-generational name built for themselves, that's why Babymetal isn't headlining.

The people who run Babymetal seem to think that they're going to make new fans out of the RHCP demographic. I doubt that's going to happen they're in two separate worlds.
>>
Or why they were performing with Rob Halford. I mean, I doubt his and Babymetal's fans overlap much either.
>>
>>68558775
>It's not the same metric though since RHCP didn't have the power of being a meme on the internet

That being how there wasn't an Internet when they first started anyway.
>>
>>68558814
Because they were both at the same award show, so they may as well collab.

Their fanbases actually overlap since so much of babymetal's fanbase is old dudes who like metal but not extreme metal and may or may not be pedophiles as well.

There's no funk/alternative rock in babymetal's sound.
>>
>>68558870
Exactly. I don't get Babymetal fans. If it were any other bands no one would be questioning that a new and relatively unknown band is opening for an older and mainstream band.
>>
File: Chad Smith watching BM.jpg (101KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
Chad Smith watching BM.jpg
101KB, 1080x809px
>>68558775
>japanese idol record label
What does that even mean? They are on labels with "real" artists.

Anyway, that guy was obviously joking you sperg, but all your information is parroted bullshit from people who stereotype but don't actually know shit.

RHCP watched BM perform from side stage at Fuji Rock Festival 2 months ago which they headlined. Afterwards they asked BM to join them on tour and it was announced a month later. Rob Halford was asked by their manager, not for fans but because he is a legit metal head and he is vicariously living his dream through the group which he is the creator of and has the final say of everything.

Source: http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/red-hot-chili-peppers/news/flea-red-hot-chili-peppers-uk-tour-elevate-uplift/

Flea also revealed he was excited about the prospect of touring with the all-female Japanese rock trio Babymetal.

“They’re banging, the band is really great, they’re awesome,” said Flea. “We saw them play at a festival in Japan and it seemed like it would be fun to have those funny girls with us, rocking out.

“All I really want from any band is: make me feel like I’ve never felt before. Do something to me, I want to feel like it’s dangerous, or make me feel like I’m floating into the ether, or dance like a wildebeest, just do something to me.

“It’s become more and more rare to get that unique feeling. With Babymetal, it was a 'what the hell’s going on' kind of feeling!”

>>68559020
You are slow if you think anybody's actually serious if they say that.
>>
It's a weird match-up for sure but BM is weird in the first place. Touring with Lady Gaga didn't mesh well but why turn these opportunities down? They have no barriers in genres they dabble in. And the experience alone is worth it.

Either way Babymetal has a legitimately big following in the UK and a lot of their fans will be there. Probably occupying the front lol.
>>
Ruchpuh= punkrock? they're just generic riffatron. Generic riffatron/= originality. Punkrock\=no sellout. Their last album is a joke, and as stale as the foofighters~tier nonmusic.
>>
>>68557727
the Minutemen already had funk elements though
>>
>>68559079
>this wall of text

I suppose you're only joking too, right?

It's a business move for both RHCP and Babymetal, they're both trying to snag each other's fanbases. Same reason why you had bullshit like Crazy Town at Ozzfest, it's to see what sticks against the wall.

I bet you also believe that the girls genuinely love Metallica and Cannibal Corpse.

Also

>funny girls

>>68559182
Well because their manager has been trying to shape their image into that of totally legitimate metalheads and a totally legitimate metal band

>legitimately big

They barely filled most of Wembley Arena. It's not small but it's not as big as the fans think it is.
>>
File: 1419641835647.png (1MB, 912x905px) Image search: [Google]
1419641835647.png
1MB, 912x905px
>it's him again

do you ctrl + f: babymetal just to whine about them and slander them? holy fuck
>>
>>68558197

Why is nu-metal bad? Is it because people told you it's bad?
>>
>>68559395
>him

Actually more than one person in the world thinks that Babymetal are a bad joke.

Go ask /metal/ what they think of your pop-rock dancing poser girls.
>>
>>68559443
>>68559395

Babymetal and Ghost (B.C.) are cut from the same cloth. Garbage.
>>
>>68559443
/metal/ is straight up clinically deaf, I trust their opinion on music as far as I can throw an emu
>>
>>68559443
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66700050#p66701262

Fairly positive actually
>>
>>68559493
>Fairly positive
>Fairly

What posts were you looking at? Half of the replies didn't even bother to talk about babymetal at all. Only a few replies outright said that they were fun or that they enjoyed them without calling them trash or a guilty pleasure, most said that it wasn't their thing and that they didn't get it.
>>
>>68559698
Take your hands from your eyes and ears anon. Confirmation bias is a hell of a thing.

You implied they would get slaughtered or something but they fared pretty well, especially for a metal internet forum.
>>
>>68559743
>You implied they would get slaughtered or something

No I literally said to go ask /metal/, that's all I did, and even then you couldn't even do that you went through the archives instead.

At least more than one person also said that babymetal was trash in one way or another, which was my point. You're the one with your hands over your eyes and ears who thinks that only one person in the world doesn't like Babymetal.
>>
>>68559786
Before I respond to this are you familiar with and if so what are your thoughts on """""kawaiicore""""""
>>
File: 1102181211200.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1102181211200.png
7KB, 420x420px
>no response

Of course because you are the same faggot. All this shit you spew actually applies to the "posers" you like. Epik irony newpham.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.