[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you accepted the fact that The Replacements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: MI0002079514.jpg (88KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002079514.jpg
88KB, 500x485px
Why haven't you accepted the fact that The Replacements are the best band of the 1980s yet? Seriously, who's better? Pixies? Sonic Youth? Talking Heads? Husker Du? The Smiths? Minutemen? early Swans? No. The Replacements were everything that was cool about the 1980s rolled up into one band. They were hardcore, post-punk, new wave, alternative, and even started to show some influence from classic metal bands like Judas Priest and Motorhead.

The Replacements > Your Favorite Band

Deal with it.
>>
>>68554553
ok
>>
>>68554553
But Husker Du, Sonic Youth and The Smiths are better than The Replacements opie
>>
>>68554553
I have accepted this, and I want to find more bands like them. Since you're a clearly a fan, mind sharing any similar favorites?
>>
>>68554553
Husker Du
REM
Beat Happening
Talulah Gosh
>>
>>68554553
80s King Crimson is my favorite 80s band, but The Replacements are certainly top 5. Gotta put REM up there too
>>
>>68554553
>mfw no one talks about the creators of progressive dreamfunk, the afro proto-post-rock experimental noise dub pop inventors themselves, A.R. Kane
>mfw they'll forever be underrated
>>
>>68554553
Judas Priest and Motorhead were both very active in the 80s and way better than whatever your shitty band did.
>>
mbv though
>>
Pixies>The 'Mats>Talking Heads>Minutemen>The Smiths>Sonic Youth>Husker Du>Swans
>>
File: the replacements.jpg (125KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
the replacements.jpg
125KB, 500x389px
>>68554553
>The Replacements are the best band of the 1980s
The Replacements are the best rock band of all time
>>
File: pylon.jpg (42KB, 345x432px) Image search: [Google]
pylon.jpg
42KB, 345x432px
>they've never heard pylon
>>
>who are the jesus and mary chain
>>
>>68554553
Early 80s Cheap Trick were better.
>>
literal music for middle class early 20s white males
>>
>>68555130
STOP THIS GAME!
>>
>>68554553
>Pixies
Double yes.
>Sonic Youth
Yes.
>Talking Heads
Sure, but just in the context of the 80s (doesn't count 70s Talking Heads). Also, Remain in Light is better than everything Replacements have done.
>Husker Du
No.
>Smiths
About equal.
>Minutemen
No, but Double Nickels>anything Replacements have done.
>Early Swans
Fuck no. Easily the worst on this list.
>>
>>68555235
Didn't make the one for Talking Heads clear. No, 80s Talking Heads are not better than Replacements.
>>
>>68555235
>>Sonic Youth
>Yes.

kill your self

i love the replacements though
>>
File: Greg+Sage.jpg (34KB, 460x348px) Image search: [Google]
Greg+Sage.jpg
34KB, 460x348px
Early 80s belonged to the Wipers. '84 and on I'll give to the Mats and Sonic Youth.
>>
REM is the best band of the 80's. They put out 6 or 7 incredible albums from 1982 - 1988. Probably the best and most consistent run in musical history.
>>
Half Japanese
>>
>>68554553
WORD
>>
>>68554553
L I T E R A L L Y who?
>>
>>68554553
but they just ripped off eddie vader
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.