[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Was AOTY 2015 for nearly every critics list >Didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (393KB, 509x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
393KB, 509x512px
>Was AOTY 2015 for nearly every critics list
>Didn't win a AOTY from the Grammys
Can /mu/ explain this without any meme responses?
I thought the Grammys only went for the popular vote?
>>
>>68545102
they reward sales over everything, so of course T Swift was gonna win

they really tried to embarrass him too, bringing out Earth Wind and Fire for.....1989? Whats the basis
>>
The narrative was that Tay tay should have won AOTY for "Red", so when she came out with a new one that wasn't complete shit, she was bound to win it that year. TPAB was a casualty
>>
>>68545121
This would make sense if only they didn't try previous years to give it to beck or arcade fire.
>>
>>68545102
taylor swift was due
he'll get a grammy for his next album
>>
>>68545102
Grammys are racists
>>
>>68545102
The grammys are a joke, that's all there is to know.
>>
>>68545245
wym, beck won very recently

imo, the grammy criteria is:

1) sales, which can only be superseded by
2) the Oscars system of "making up for past snubs"
3) seeking an image of credibility
4) critical acclaim
>>
he didnt get AOTY because the album was fucking shit OP
>>
>>68545292
>wym, beck won very recently
>wym
What?
>>
>>68545313
>TPAB
>Shite
Lol
>>
>>68545313
>shit
I got a bone to pick
>>
>>68545399
what you mean?
>>
>>68545539
What does wym.
>>
>>68545686
oh man what is this Abbot and Costello

wym= "what you mean?"
>>
>>68545313
>TPAB mentioned
>8 posters
>1 contrarian
is /mu/ becoming less contrarian?
>>
>>68545102
It just wasn't good enough.
>>
File: 1473117285506.jpg (39KB, 520x524px) Image search: [Google]
1473117285506.jpg
39KB, 520x524px
>>68545313

this nigger gets it

the most boring album of 2015
>>
>>68545102
>I thought the Grammys only went for the popular vote?
>>>
Which is exactly why they gave it to Taylor Swift.
>>
The Grammys are a fucking joke. What they do is it's not even popular vote, they just have a huge list of people in the music industry that they send special ballads to to vote. It's usually 50 year old music theory professors and dadrocker engineers that don't have a wide range of taste as far as the kind of music that's on the current year's grammys go. So they just end up picking that one band/artist they've actually heard of and roll with it. Which is why it ends up a popularity contest and a meaningless honor
>>
>>68546402
Ballots*, how did that even happen
>>
>>68546259
even if you hated it that claim is nothing more than horseshit. What was it one of like 5 albums you listened to?
>>
>>68546259
There are a few criticisms you could throw at this album, boring is not one of them
Explain yourself
>>
>>68546322
>Implying TPAB and Kendrick in general isn't popular
>>
>>68546620
Boring is a criticism you idiot.
I'm a fan of the album and you made yourself look stupid.
>>
Because its overrated garbage about some nigger crying about muh oppression and muh dick
>>
>>68546735
Pretty sure he meant that "boring" is not an appropriate criticism for the album because it's definitely not boring. And I agree, I have no idea how someone could find it boring unless you listened to it on shitty laptop speakers or your phone or some shit.
>>
>>68546620
U r a retard
>>
>>68546752
lol triggered honky
>>
>>68546977
>be black
>get shot
lol
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.