[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of music are 21 Pilots and Imagine Dragons? It sounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 21 dragons.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
21 dragons.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
What kind of music are 21 Pilots and Imagine Dragons?

It sounds like some kind of post-nu-metal, post-dubstep pleb-core engineered by corporations specifically for super hero movies.

Does it reflect any actual existent style or is it just really canned pseudo-music for clueless people?
>>
I'M JUST A SUCKER FOR PAIN
>>
the latter
>>
>>68413299
Clouddead and Everything Everything are /mu/'s equivalent to those bands.
>>
(not good)
>>
Guess what? If you have to ask, you're exactly the kind of clueless people who enjoy this kind of canned pseudo-music. You know it in your heart to be true.
>>
What's really weird about these bands is they have this production quality and Hot Topic take on 'edginess' that seems really early 00s, that I thought pretty much everyone was past at this point and all laugh at.

Really surprised how popular these bands are.

Their aesthetic seems really dated in a 00s way similar to the way the Suicide Squad movie aesthetic seems cringingly dated
>>
>>68413364
Of course I dislike it, I'm just wondering if there is actually a lot of music out there that sounds like this that I don't know about.

Because as I say here >>68413398
I thought this aesthetic was totally dead by now.
>>
>>68413347
giving them both a quick cursory listen right now. those bands are lame, man.
>>
>>68413412
There is. I'm the director of music at a college radio station and everyweek I get an ep, because they can't write a full album, from some shitty band with production quality bought with daddy's credit card that wants to blow up just like these bands.
>>
>>68413473
I can't imagine making music like this and not being a douchebag.
>>
>>68413554
I'm really thankful I don't have to deal with these people directly. I'm pretty sure the distributors think they're shit too since they never ask me if any of them are charting.
>>
As much as everyone loved to ridicule the "emo" pop-punk shit that was popular on alternative radio a decade ago, this shit is so much more bland. There is nothing remotely interesting about these bands.
>>
>>68413471
Yes, but they're beloved by this board and by critics like the melon.
>>
SO IM TAKING MY TIME ON MY RIDE
>>
>>68413828
It's reaaaaally bad. But really mainstream music in general right now has a similarly bland quality. All that stuff with the "oooh oh oh! ooooh!" choruses.

I do think a lot of what is bad about this stuff evolved from that late 90s / 00s pop punk and emo type stuff, then got fused with brostep and EDM at its worst.

I really don't understand what's happening with it all. Pop was really good in the 80s. It doesn't have to be this tepid.
>>
RADIOACTIVE! RADIOACTIVE!

WHOOOOOOAAAH!

WHOOOOOOAAAH!

RADIOACTIVE! RADIOACTIVE!
>>
Cant decide what I hate more, that style or Lumineers/Of Monsters and Men """"folk""""

Popular alternative music is trash right now
>>
>>68415446
>or Lumineers/Of Monsters and Men """"folk""""

oh gosh I don't even want to know what that is

*shudders*
>>
>>68413299
Adorno was right.
>>
>>68415446
>Lumineers/Of Monsters and Men """"folk""""

fuck i rage like a proper autist when i hear that shit. Mumford and Sons too
>>
>>68413299
I just heard them wtf I hate 21 pilots now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.