[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloud Nothings has confirmed that a new album is coming. Rel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Cloud Nothings has confirmed that a new album is coming. Released in January 2017 it is called Life without Sound. A single is accompanied the news: https://soundcloud.com/cloudnothings

What do you think, /mu/tants?
>>
>>68401861
im so hype, these guys are one of my favs out right now
>>
>>68401885
Same here. I saw them live a few weeks ago and it was absolute madness.

I thought the next one was gonna be a little more experimental but the single is still pretty cool. Debating whether I want to preorder or not. Would be cool to finally make use of my TT and the cassette is only 5 bucks but the last album I preordered was the new LSD and the Search for God EP and I certainly got fucking burned on that one.
>>
hyped af, hoping it leaks this year
>>
>>68401861
Just listened to it, boring as fuck pop rock
>>
>>68401861
sounds like teen girl music
>>
a little too indie but i still love them

i wanted them to go even further and go full noise rock
>>
Nice. Sick track I just found about about these guys last year [spoiler]from playing the god awful THPS5[/spoiler]
>>
File: dylan baldi.jpg (163KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
dylan baldi.jpg
163KB, 620x413px
I love Cloud Nothings, but I wasn't too impressed about the single. It's okay, but not as good as I expect Cloud Nothings to be. But maybe they just picked their weakest song as the single like they did with Hear and Nowhere Else; I'm Not Part of Me is the weakest track on that record, yet they used it as their single for some reason.

I am also glad that they got a second guitarist. I saw them live two years ago and they were only three, and that really suffered live when all the songs utilise two guitars.
>>
>>68402021
>I'm Not Part of Me is the weakest track on that record
Oh hell no

I agree with you though it's okay but it sounds kind of generic. Reminds me of Cap'n Jazz, which would be good if it wasn't 2016 and it hadn't been done before

>>68402003
Yeah haven't they been getting harsh noise acts to open for them and all kinds of crazy shit? I was really hoping for them to go in a weirder direction on this one but I guess not
>>
>Generally, it seems like my work has been about finding my place in the world. But there was a point in which I realized that you can be missing something important in your life, a part you didn't realize you were missing until it's there—hence the title. This record is like my version of new age music. It's supposed to be inspiring.

Sounds like the music is getting softer. Me too, like some of the people here, would love to make them go towards noise rock.
>>
>>68402095
who knows maybe itll be experimental this is a single after all
>>
Not a good sign if this single indicates anything.
>>
although we have worries about this being a softer record im happy with the new themes he talked about >>68402180
the last two albums were depressing as all fuck, i like this change of pace and am interested to see how they communicate it
>>
File: cloud nothings shirt.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cloud nothings shirt.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>68402255
>the last two albums were depressing as all fuck

Which is why I loved those records. It would be sad if they made happy music, ironically.
>>
>>68402301
same

maybe this'll be a happy sad, uplifting sorta one, ala rosenstock
>>
>>68401861
already my aoty
Jokes, but I'm hype as fuck, I love this band
>>
File: btmi.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
btmi.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>68402318
>maybe this'll be a happy sad, uplifting sorta one, ala rosenstock

Good point. To Leave or Die in Long Island is the most depressing happy-album I know of.
>>
>>68402354
was listening to that last night actually, such a good album
so pumped for Jeff's new album friday - high aoty probability for me
>>
>>68401861
Last album got dark. It was good.
This sounds more bright. Can totally hear the Death Cab producer working his charm. So far, I'm diggin' the single.

My question is who the hell is the new guitarist?
>>
I hope it sounds more like Attack on Memory than Here and Nowhere Else
>>
they haven't made a good album since attack on memory and that's a Wipers ripoff
quit the emo bullshit and go full on noise rock u wankers
>>
So, will they do their 'the longest song on the album slows down at the halfway point, then builds up to a sequence where one sentence is screamed over and over again' thing again? I hope so, it worked out pretty well the last two times.
>>
>>68401861
Yeah just saw it through facebook. Very hyped, was hoping for something darker and noisier - but this was still quite enjoyable. I will listen to it about 4 more times during the day.

>>68403051
kek I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I quite liked those moments. Much more Wasted Days than Pattern Walks, though.
>>
>>68403051
PATTERN WALKS!
>>
>>68402021
>I'm Not Part of Me is the weakest track on that record
wtf
im not a part of me is top 2 of that album with pattern walks
>>
>>68402354
That could go for most of his albums tho. Scrambles, Vacation, and We Cool for sure.
>>
>>68402021
>I'm Not Part of Me is the weakest track on that record, yet they used it as their single for some reason.

It's the catchiest song off of the album by a long shot you retard, of course it's going to be the choice for the single.

Also it's great - that and No Thoughts are the best songs off the record.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.