[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a band where they start to play a song live,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

Has there ever been a band where they start to play a song live, but then immediately segue it to another song?

I thought of a scenario where a band had a song all of their fans were dying to hear live. The band plays the intro, then starts another song.
>>
>>68394377
I counted 8 thoms
>>
>>68394377
Coldplay
>>
>>68394400
i got 8 as well
>>
>>68394377
When I saw a Sigur Ros in Minneapolis it sounded like they were about to play track 4 but instead went into another song. Hope this helps somehow
>>
>>68394417
Example of this?

If any other band were to do this, would the fans get pissed?
>>
>>68394377
muse will tack outros from songs people actually want to hear onto songs people don't want to hear.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrDpx7zLtA
>>
>>68394400
>>68394426

There's a thom on the floor, bottom left corner
>>
>>68394377
Nicolas Jaar did this here in Argentina. He played the build up to "Space is only noise" then played something else. He must hate us.
>>
>>68394504
Kek, how did the crowd react?
>>
>>68394495
holy shit i never noticed that before
>>
>>68394377
i got 9 actually
1. bell tower
2. top left of staircase
3. middle/right side of table
4. left peaking from wall
5. foreground front left
6. infront of picture
7. in her purse
8. left of her head
9. right side of image
>>
>>68394532
they didn't, he played in a disco, I'm pretty sure most people didn't even know his music
>>
>Has there ever been a band where they start to play a song live, but then immediately segue it to another song?

nope, this definitely has never happened and isn't at all a common thing that happens during shows
>>
>>68394377
Nirvana did this at mtv unplugged. They told kurt not to play rape me, and he kept doing the intro so they'd cut to commercial then he'd go into something they oked him to play.
>>
File: 4820845960388.jpg (25KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
4820845960388.jpg
25KB, 436x600px
>>68394377
Thommy looks pretty happy in this, shocked he has not an hero'd since he got divorced
>>
>>68394377
Hey! Clay Aiken is in the background! So is Tom Cruise right behind him!
>>
>>68394532
>>68394589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol1uL6pjmqI
first tune is a remixed pop/folk southamerican song from the 60s. he had some guts to play that in a disco
>>
the smashing pumpkins did that here in mexico city a few years ago... here's the story

>billy brings out an acoustic guitar, starts playing "today" all lights out, one on him.
>before the first chorus he is interrupted on the PA
>two luchadores come out
>they do a skit with billy and they fight for like two minutes
>at the end they say haha it's a joke and they hug and thank the audience
>luchadores leave
>the rest of the band comes out, starts playing zero
>they never play today again

as a side note, this was organized by mtv and 30 seconds to mars was the opening band. half the audience left before the smashing pumpkins played.
>>
>>68394553
You just lost, m8
>>
DAE Radiohead amirite?! upboats to the left <-----
>>
>>68394377
death grips do this with up my sleeves
>>
>>68394922
no they dont
>>
CAUSE ITS A THILLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
https://youtu.be/MHWX3pCSEpU
>>
>>68394377
animal collective have been doing this on their current tour
teasing really old stuff like ahh good country and panic at the beginning and ending of songs and then doing nothing with that
>>
>>68394377
Muse does this all the fucking time

>>68394460
was this the show from a couple weeks ago? kickass concert, I met Orri afterwards. They played the majority of ( ) so I was happy
>>
>>68394861
do they really never play Today? That's a fantastic song
Not a good choice for an opener, but that's the least strange thing in that whole story.

very interesting if true.
>>
>>68397075
>Not a good choice for an opener, but that's the least strange thing in that whole story.
** 30 seconds to mars isn't a good opener**
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6hldgLMNag
>>
Saw the Avalanches at a festival in Australia earlier this year.

Start to play Frontier Psychiatrist, everyone is hyped

Instrumental plays over a cover of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy

Everyone is legitimately pissed off

Never ended up playing Frontier Psychiatrist properly
>>
>>68394400
I can count only 5
>>
>>68394377
Death Grips
>>
>>68400575
Never seen such instance. Vids?
>>
I saw Rachel Platten recently, and when everyone in the crowd (except me) was hyped for her to play Fight Song, the guitarist was starting to play it but then they went to another song, and waited till the second encore to play it.
>>
The dead would sometimes start dark star and go into other stuff since they rarely played it later on everyone wanted to hear it
>>
>>68397075
They played Today at every show on their last tour
>>
>>68396380
Came here to post this
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.