[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this for the first time. I've got to say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: Faust - Faust_enl.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Faust - Faust_enl.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Just listened to this for the first time. I've got to say /mu/, congrats. Congrats for trolling the shit out of me. Never have I been more confused or disappointed with an album in my entire life. I should have known from the start it was a meme album that you have to listen to multiple times before you start to "get it".
>>
>>68378910
If only it had a danceable 4/4 beat and catchy chorus to sing along too huh
>>
>>68378934
I found Why Don't You Eat Carrots to be pretty catchy.
>>
>>68378910
yeah listening to this had me confused like huh??? i listened to kid a afterwords to cleanse my palate and i think that's the power of experimental music..... it's always evolving to be better unlike "normal" music
>>
>>68378910
It's because Scaruffi licks their ass hole.

Bland uninspiring music
>>
If you have to listen to an album several times to "get" or "understand" it, then it's not a good album, or at least not for you. Simply put, when you do these things, you're conditioning yourself and tricking your mind believing it's better than it actually is. It's like when your friend recommends a movie but "it doesn't get good until 90 minutes in". If there's a movie like that, then it's no good, just a waste of time.
>>
>>68378971
(not true, by the way)
>>
File: IMG_4050.jpg (13KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4050.jpg
13KB, 199x200px
>>68378971
>people actually believe this
>>
>>68378971
>if you are met with challenge and adversity, the only path is that of least resistance
this lack of self-development is how you nurture complacency and stupidity
>>
>>68379007
>music is challenge
What is the value in forcing yourself to like something you don't like? I gave it a chance and that's that.
>>
>>68379030
you're so deep into that mental framework that you pose the question as [forcing yourself]

if you cannot see for yourself what that mental vantage clearly lacks re: the value to be found in experiencing art then you would need deeper self-assessment than whatever i might say to you to convince you otherwise
>>
>>68379030
Because I value music as art, instead of just entertainment.
>>
>>68378910
Shut up pleb
>>
Fucking hell i'm so goddamn tired of plebs. This is depressing. Op, you don't even deserve rock music...
>>
>>68379030
You need to understand that they artist is clearly ahead of you and that understanding a meaningful work means dedicating time and attention to it. Although i'd argue Faust is pretty immediate.
>>
>>68378910
Why don't you eat carrots?
>>
Think of it as a Werner Herzog movie
>>
File: faust.png (990KB, 1115x824px) Image search: [Google]
faust.png
990KB, 1115x824px
kek
>>
File: 28795671_800_800.jpg (124KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
28795671_800_800.jpg
124KB, 800x800px
>>68378971
This is true. Most people that like faust or even something more experimental like merzbow will like it on their 1st or 2nd listen. There's no reason to try to listen to an album several times so that you might like it. You're just wasting your time.
>>
It's a fun album, OP. Faust is a playful band. People seem to overthink Faust and take them really seriously even though they weren't even taking themselves very seriously. Maybe try Faust IV instead.
>>
>>68379511
that's a mighty fine album you just posted there anon
>>
File: lolfaust.jpg (57KB, 630x559px) Image search: [Google]
lolfaust.jpg
57KB, 630x559px
>>68378910

Urfaust its best faust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23bdMftVjfY
>>
Faust is just weirder prog rock with sound collages. Can is much better since they usually have a groove.
>>
>>68378910
This album reminds me of toothbrush...ugh. I was swirling and sticking my pink dildo up my anus but I think I even hurt it right now while thinking about Faust.

give me Tangerine Dream any day over this faux droney, faux pseudo intellectual, wankfest for posers. Yes, because at least Force Majeure has them nice disco rhythms. Which is all music is about anyway (seriously people, listen to more disco).

Fuck off, Piero.
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>68378993
>>68378992
>>68379007
stage 1 - Denial

There is no logic in reapeating something until you like it, it's fucking pointless, if you didn't "see the artists intention" then you are just stupid or have ADHD. If you repeat the same shitty joke 100 times then it's funny and it becomes a meme, if you repeat a great original joke with great delivery 5 times it's not funny anymore. Repetition poisons the mind, it's propaganda.
>you're so deep into that mental framework that you pose the question as [forcing yourself]
You're so deep into that mental framework that you don't realize how many fucking hours you spent on relistening to medicorit whiley, you could be exploring other albums and artist you haven't heard yet.
>b-but what if the album has a meaning that's hard to understand?
Then 2 listens should be enough to get it, if not then the plot or meaning is badly presented meaning ITS SHIT, an album starts and finished, it doesn't fucking auto repeat a set number of times. Also the phrase "get it" is N/A to music, it's not fucking rocket science it's a piece of media to hear and then value.
>inb4 second stage of grief
>WHY CAN"T I JUST ENJOY MY MUSIC FUCK YOU I WILL LISTEN TO IT IF I WANT TO YOU JUST DONT WANT TO HAVE FUN WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ME FINDING BEAUTY IN ALBUMS
if every album is good then none are
>inb4 third stage of grief
>But some albums have to be relistened a couple of times, maybe some don't but my favourites do...
>>
>>68378910
There are thousands of albums like that. But /mu/ choose one. That one is the selected. Why? Because /mu/ needs memes to remain alive. And you know what's hilarious? The fact that /mu/ took the meme from someone else (everybody knows who). Not even the originality of chosing your own meme. You are so gay you need someone to give you the meme. Wow.
>>
People here really love each other :)
>>
File: Front.jpg (660KB, 1412x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
660KB, 1412x1432px
>>68380605
i don't even really pity you because coupled with the unironic frog posting and this unerring conviction you're beyond help, specifically the honest self-assessment required to gain even a semblance of aesthetic tact

you are stuck in an epistemological pit and the only one doing any denying is you
>>
File: 44444441111.png (157KB, 354x250px) Image search: [Google]
44444441111.png
157KB, 354x250px
>>68380957
>unironic frog posting
Wow nice ad hominem

>unerring conviction
I am sorry for having confidence and strongly presenting an argument I will stop now so please stop crying.

You didn't even dispute any of the arguments you just attacked my way of stating opinions Jesus that's horrifying. You are still in denial. The only one in an epistemological pit is you because you didn't even try to argue just assumed you are right and attacked me, I am deeply sorry for you.
>>
>>68380817
nobody loves you, kill yourself
>>
lurk moar
>>
>>68378971
I didn't like Kid A when I first heard it. It's now my favourite album of all time.
>>
>>68381294
If it was on second listen, then good for you, if it was the tenth you just brainwashed yourself.
>>
File: front.jpg (3MB, 1883x1850px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
3MB, 1883x1850px
>>68381173
The primary issue is that it's a fundamentally restrictive, if not outright stupid, stance to approach art with. I'm pointing out your diction because it strictly derives as a function of your viewpoint on music listening, ie when highlighting the fault in the former I implicitly call out for you to reflect on the latter. This is in not-so-subtle subtext but I'm not sure if I should've expected you to read into that considering your listening habits. ok then:

>You're so deep into that mental framework that you don't realize how many fucking hours you spent on relistening to medicorit whiley, you could be exploring other albums and artist you haven't heard yet.
Breadth is not a meaningful substitute for depth, nor does exploring other albums and artists necessitate value over exploring a work more deeply and intimately.

The 2 listen contention is laughable not only as an arbitrary value in itself but per the suggestion 2 listens is enough to explore a work, given the variables that shape in-the-moment listening experiences to be uniquely dynamic per listen, much less the difficulty of a work and the implicit assertion of having appraised a work enough to unequivocally write it off. You seem to think music experience is categorized into absolutes of like:dislike to be determined after a MERE 2 listens. That is absolutely fucking absurd for anyone that has experienced life enough to develop a change in opinion.

And then some aesthetics 101 subjectivity shit. I can assure you I'm as much objective as you ostensibly want to be but the process by which you arrive to it lacks any sort of tact (or intelligence, really). Again, do some self-assessment. You are in an epistemological pit re: art.
>>
Faust is proto-Autismo music
>>
>>68381592
Lulz I am currently listening to "Why don't you eat carrots", this is more Autismo than Autechre and Fatboy Slim combined
>>
>>68381568
Multiple listeners do not explore music, they don't say why the album is great, the only things that they udder is RLY GROWS ON YA HUH, that's not a sing of an intelligent mind exploring and album, it's a sing of a weak mind succumbing to the power of repetition.
How is 2 listens laughable? Is it laughable in your own subjective perception? Are you implying that a musical release has many layers in which you can't comprehed at once? Not really, the musical side, the lyrical side (which includes meaning and plot [if an album has a narrative which is rare even for high brow albums"], and the production side. All of which I can't imagine could slip past you after focusing wholeheartedly on it two times. And yes, the intent of the artist. That's really up to interpretation what that is, unless the artists states what it is, in which case you don't need to figure it out. Besides what good is an album that only works in a specific content?
I think you are under the impression that my opinions are engraved in me, which is not true, as my strong opposition of multiple listening is the effect of seeing the effects of it on myself.
>>
File: cover.jpg (224KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
224KB, 500x500px
>>68382085
>exploring a work is a fault of weakness in a listener instead of a developing of a dynamic relationship with a work
>reduces experiental elements to a mere 3 "sides"
>implies the ability to holistically absorb a work after 2 listens
>has so little scope on the range of experience art offers that they cannot see what is good (!!!) in [an album that only works in a specific content]

I don't think there's much to add here if you don't see how nurturing complacency as a music listener with any conviction is fundamentally restrictive and nigh objectively worse than being open and dynamic to experience. I'd ask if you've even tried to listen through difficult music (in the most simplistic sense of you not initially liking it) but I doubt you would even challenge yourself to begin with.
>>
>>68380065
>faux pseudo intellectual
so actually intellectual?
>>
File: 1443291728834.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1443291728834.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>68382593
>dynamic relationship with a work
>has so little scope on the range of experience art offers that they cannot see what is good (!!!) in [an album that only works in a specific content]
>>
>>68378910
Haha
>>
>>68378971
I know this is bait, but the thought that people post on this board and believe this makes me cringe.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.