[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was /mu/'s take on this album? I just listened to it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What was /mu/'s take on this album? I just listened to it and not sure if it's good or it just hit me in the feels.
>>
>not sure if it's good or it just hit me in the feels

Probably both. Easy 8 or 9/10
>>
I loved it
>>
i think it was one overhyped album of last year that most people could agree on as being great
>>
>>68377836
If everyone agreed it was great, was it overhyped?
>>
Sufjan's most personal album, probably on par in terms of quality with Age Of Adz for me (which is one of my all time favourite albums). I think when we look back at this period of time in about 10 years, this will be the one of the standout LPs that will be remembered
>>
It's okay but it is an objective step back that disappointed me. However, this is kind of irrelevant because the album wasn't made for me, it was made for Sufjan.

One particular thing:

It suffers from the same thing that Hospice suffers from - I feel I can hear every drop of saliva when he's singing.
>>
Really like Sufjan but haven't listen to this one all that much but it gets better every listenning
>>
One of the best of the decade.
>>
Is this one of the saddest albums of all time? I have trouble listening to it sometimes.
>>
>>68377766
sounds much better live IMO
>>
>>68378055
That's not a flaw. I want Sufjan's saliva in my earholes.
>>
>>68379276
Amen, I never really got into his music until a friend dragged me to his show last year, it converted me on the spot
>>
>>68377766
I love it, so far it's my favorite of this decade.
>>
>>68377766
>not sure if it's good or it just hit me in the feels
Can't "hit the feels hard" be a good justification for it being good?
>>
>>68380312
Yes, that's what some art is all about
>>
>>68379653
REPENT
>>
desu I was a little disappointed when I first listened to it but it did keep me coming back and after a few listens it "clicked" with me and I think it's probably my second favorite Sufjan album after Adz.
Most artists couldn't write an album this personal without coming off as feel-baiting. Everything here feels very genuine, almost like he doesn't even realize there's anyone but him that's going to listen to these songs, and I think that makes for a great record. Kind of similar to the feel that Pink Moon gives me.
>>
To be honest, this is the first album that got me into music. I know that makes me incredibly new, but there was something about this album that just made me want more from music.

Looking back now, it wasn't as amazing as everyone said when it came out, but I think it is definitely one of the best albums about death ever made
>>
>>68379276
>>68380059
Does suffy have any good live bootlegs showcasing this?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.