[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this album made to be intentionally dark? I don't find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1461879471739.jpg (301KB, 1481x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1461879471739.jpg
301KB, 1481x1500px
Was this album made to be intentionally dark? I don't find this relaxing at all. No other albums captures the feeling of cosmic dread quite like this one. The bottomless sound just makes me imagine infinite, black space. I appreciate the skill and dedication it took to make this album but I simply can't listen to it without falling into a depressive mood.
>>
I get what you are saying. There's something eerie about this album. Listen to the first album if you're looking for something truly relaxing. Or try other ambient acts like Keith Fulletron Whitman or Wolfgang Voigt
>>
what's some albums that's like this while not being full on dark ambient
>>
>I don't find this relaxing at all.

Why did you expect it to be relaxing?
>>
Even with all the noise and avant garde classical and generally really dark music I have listened to over the years, nothing has ever made me as paranoid and anxious as the dark cuts from this. Truly a masterpiece, I think it's his best work.
>>
>>68368421
Stars of the lid, Lull, The Caretaker.
>>
>>68368421
Try The Ballasted Orchestra by Stars of the Lid
>>
Stars Of The Lid doesn't have the same kind of mood at all imo, but they're still brilliant.
>>
vinyl reissue when Warp
>>
>>68368488
Agreed. I hope he makes SAW III (comprised of entirely new material) at some point.
>>68368652
It's been available for quite some time. It's not that expensive for a triple LP.
>>
>>68368734
This, I picked it up second hand for £32 which is pretty close to what you would expect to pay for it if it got reissued.
>>
>>68368734

Yeah, but it was reissued by 1972, and people say it's a piece of shit
>>
>>68368793
I personally didn't have any problem with the quality. The only objectively bad things about it are that it isn't a genuine Warp pressing, and that it's missing two tracks from the original vinyl release.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.