[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did everyone forget about the banner contest https://www.4c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (311KB, 1499x789px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
311KB, 1499x789px
Did everyone forget about the banner contest

https://www.4chan.org/banner-contest/mu

The winner's pretty boring t b h
>>
>>68341179
It's still the best one. Everything else is specific to injokes, obscure albums, and memes. I'm happy with the result.
>>
>>68341339
this, pretty much
it may not be flashy or memey but it is very nice to look at, and is very music related
>>
>>68341179
are you shitting me

none of the best ones even cracked like the top 20
>>
>>68341179
>The winner's pretty boring t b h
That was kinda the point. I wanted to make something that /mu/ didn't regret in two years. Something timeless and classy, generic and easy to look at. I fucking hate shitty meme cash-ins, troll banners and distracting flashing banners, but they win far too often in the contest because most voters come from outside the board and have no clue about injokes and board culture. Looking at the runners-up I feel justified in mainly submitting to prevent shitty banners from winning. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (I'm the runner-up on /f/ and /sci/).

>Did everyone forget about the banner contest
99 submission and 384 votes still makes /mu/ one of the most popular contests. The meme banners did get dozens and dozens of votes. There were just too many entries to edge out a win. My banner was unique in a sea of samey jokes and memes which allowed me to win with only 6.5% of the votes cast while the others split their votes into oblivion. More submissions isn't always a good thing if you want to push a certain meme as a board.

Still, good showing, everyone else who submitted!

>>68341339
>>68341770
Thank you!
>>
>>68342503
You made it? Congratulations! I really like it.
>>
>tfw mine got 0 votes
>>
I would've gone for 2nd or third, something universal that shows the board is shit and still 4chan in spirit. most banners now look like proper promotion, which is kinda boring.
congrats to >>68342503 tho, that's some smooth shit
>>
>>68341339
>>68342503

Yea but the 6th one down feels much more like /mu/ tbqh

I think it would age well too, it isn't really a meme, it's a joke
>>
>>68341179
better boring than cringy imo. Although ngl some of them in the runner ups are funny.
>>68342503
congrats m8
>>
>>68342503
Thank you very much. A good number of our in-jokes are terrible.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.