[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of this LP, and of this band in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: TheWildHunt.jpg (8KB, 220x239px) Image search: [Google]
TheWildHunt.jpg
8KB, 220x239px
What do you guys think of this LP, and of this band in general? Discuss.
>>
>>68332003
Normally, I have super patrician tastes in black metal, but this is my Achilles heel. You got me anon. I love this band. They can do no wrong at all.
>>
>>68332173
This.
Agreed, their entire discography is absolutely excellent.
>>
>>68332173
Could you reccomend me some black/metal as someone trying to get into the genre?
>>
>>68332003
very good, in spite of what naysayers think
A monument of black thrash

>>68332614
Darkthrone
>>
>>68332614
Get in through Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth (their last album is actually as good as their earliest) like everyone else!
>>
>>68332614
This band ain't a bad place to start.

Start with Sworn to the Dark because of the super catchy riffs.
More intense? Casus Luciferi
More diverse songwriting and less intensity? The Wild Hunt
Longer, more epic songs? Lawless Darkness
>>
>>68332614
Aura Noir and Carpathian Forest also have RIFFS
>>
>>68332614
OP here, I'll try to help you out...if you're trying to get into Black Metal, you need to become familiar with the First Wave for starters. Basically, the original '80s bands and albums that brought about Black Metal. I would start off with the early albums from Venom, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Bathory and Hellhammer/Celtic Frost. Also the old stuff from Morbid Angel, Necrovore and Possessed is very important too in this regard. Lastly I will recommend the early works of the old '80s German bands, like early Sodom, Destruction, Poison and even the first Kreator LP. In listening to all of these, you will see (or hear, rather) that in the '80s, BM was not yet a distinctive musical style, it had more to do with the feeling, atmosphere and lyrics in those old days. If you want more recommendations or advice, I'll be glad to help.
>>
>>68332689
Rabid Death's Curse for EVEN MORE intense
>>
>>68332003
Watain is literally the least original black metal band ever. All their songs sound like gorgoroth rip off's.

tell me the difference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnZxxc04s8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTWocFrq5FI
>>
>>68332950
One day they're Bathory ripoffs, the next they're Dissection ripoffs, and now they're Gorgoroth ripoffs?
>>
>>68332950
ah yup...i've seen this comparison before...in the case of Satan's Hunger, they clearly take influence from that gorgoroth song, but add plenty of their own riffs and ideas as well, particularly in the latter half of the song. Also, it is asinine to say that all of their songs sound like ripped-off Gorgoroth tracks. For example, one cannot deny the strong influence of Mayhem and Dissection on this band since day one, through their whole discography. "De Profundis" on The Wild Hunt even had a lot of Necrovore inspiration going on.
>>
>>68332950
Black Metal (contrary to what some may say) isn't about innovation it's about tradition. Bands ripping each other off is a good thing.
>>
>>68333025
idk, i just get a really Gorgoroth-y vibe whenever I listen to them, especialy their leads, reminds me of Under the Sign of Hell. anyway Watain just isn't for me.

>>68333052
Tradition is a way to justify a lack of innovation. Music is subjective, yes, however if you look at the more popular bands of the genera they took the sound of X band and made it their own original sound. Caladan Brood for example sound alot like summoning, but they have enough of their own elements to be more than just a rip-off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.