[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favourite GY!BE album (or second favourite if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

What's your favourite GY!BE album (or second favourite if it's this). I loved Skinny Fists and I'm wondering where to go next. How does the new stuff hold up?
>>
Slow Riot is 10/10
>>
>>68327644
I actually think Slow Riot is the best thing in their discography. If you liked skinny fists then you would love Moya
>>
>>68327644
Slow Riot if your want a condensed LYSF
F#A# if you want more of the quiet ambient parts
Yanqui UXO if you want chill build-ups and don't care about sampling
ADBA if you want emotional climaxes AND sampling (second favorite after LYSF)
Asunder is ADBA part two

if you like that then check the john peel session and the split with fly pan am.
other artists to check out: A Silver Mt Zion, Set Fire To Flames and HRSTA
>>
alfothad
>>
1.F# A# Infinity
2.Yanqui U.X.O
3.Allelujah!
4.Lift Your Skinny Fists
5.Asunder!

This too,>>68327667
>>
Thanks all for the insights and recs, this was really helpful.
>>
it's always weird to see people talking about these guys, because most of their albums are recorded a few blocks away from where i was born. i always think of them as a local band, and then remember that people from all over the world know them, and i think that's just really cool.
>>
F#A, LYSF and Slow Riot is the holy trinity
UXO is ok
allelujah and asunder are utter shit
>>
The one with the sign
>>
>>68328030
allelujah is def better than UXO
>>
>>68327987
get into efrim's house, steal the fucking 33 cassette and rip it.

>>68328030
>UXO is better than allelujah
seppuku you'reself
>>
>>68328060
pretty sure he doesn't have the tape, i think they're all lost
>>
>>68328081
there is one on the Constellation Records headquarters
>>
>>68327644
Next listen to Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP, then F# A# (infinity) then choose the next one that sounds interesting.

Also check the John Peel session, it's like a condensed live version of LYSFLATH, and its beautiful.
>>
>>68328116
tango2hotel? i live like a block from there, should i break in and steal it?
>>
>>68328030
>earth is the most acclaimed drone of all time
>asunder is shit tho
>>
Vinyl F#A# is the best thing they've ever done.

Second is Yanqui U.X.O.
>>
>>68328144
And yes, everything they've released in this new decade has been rubbish.

But who gives a fuck? They've released 4 great records. Everything else shouldn't have existed.
>>
File: 1468050172185.png (610KB, 1498x756px) Image search: [Google]
1468050172185.png
610KB, 1498x756px
LYSF is my favorite, then Yanqui

Asunder is...decent, but its the worst of their discography
>>
>>68328144
yeah they plumped up the CD release with a lot of unnecessary stuff. UXO is mediocre though
>>
>>68328060
>get into efrim's house, steal the fucking 33 cassette and rip it.
Whatever happened to that shed meme?
>>
>>68328157
>UXO is mediocre though
Maybe I'm more of a Sparowes guy, but I fucking love it desu.
>>
What's the deal with the YUXO worship?
It's literally an inferior ADBA.
>>
>>68328185
it's sparser, some people like that kind of teasing ball slapping emotional torture
>>
>>68328185
Probably because it's what is as described. Maybe because it's the lesser known against the giants from the band. But most definitely because Allujah was a weak effort because they felt "they had to"
>>
Not really found any great torrents but I downloaded F#A#. The timestamps on my tracks here are each around 30-45 seconds shorter than the timestamps on wikipedia, how much should I worry? Don't tell me the whole thing is very slightly sped up.
>>
>>68328281
protip: use slsk
>>
>>68328281
I wouldn't worry about 20-second time differences, especially with the separate releases of the album. But be forewarned, F#A# is not as immediately grabbing as LYSF, it's a lot slower. If you want something explosive try Allelujah first
>>
>>68328281
>>68328292
alright I tried a different one and this has the right timestamps
>>
>>68328315
I'm kind of looking for something with very very gradual development, like almost imperceptibly small changes but a lot of dynamic range across the record, is that the sort of thing I'm in for with F#A#?
>>
>>68328337
actually the closest thing to that description would be Yanqui UXO, which despite all the shit talking is still pretty solid, if a little overlong.
>>
>>68328116
I've emailed them multiple times about this and have never gotten a response, fuck those kikes
>>68328132
Hotel2Tango is the studio, not the Constellation headquarters (I don't know where that is)
>>
>>68328144
>Vinyl F#A#
This is ridiculous levels of contrarianism
>earsplitting mixing on the vinyl version
>only exclusive music is a throwaway recording of dissonant banjo noodling that contributes nothing
>significantly less buildup on what would become East Hastings
>no 5/4 section of Providence
>JLH outro entirely gone
>>
>>68328185
People who think Mogwai and Explosions In the Sky are the pinnacle of post-rock and can't into droning/vignettes, or just plain contrarianism
>>
>>68328672
>Sparowes worship
More like

Mogwai are way more into the ambiance than that album, and Explosions are just weak fucking amateurs.
>>
>>68328672
>Mogwai
But anon, Mogwai Fear Satan is a literal GOAT
>>
just listen to F#A# infinity

I listened to LYSF for the first time this past summer, was amazed, and listened to F#A# infinity a week later, loved it to death as well
>>
So what's the general consensus for F#A#8 vinyl or cd?

I've only listened to it on spotify so far so its the cd version. Should I go and download the vinyl?
>>
Yanqui U.X.O.
>>
>>68330377

up to you. one of the things people like about the vinyl is it ends in a locked grove, so it keeps playing the last note forever, making the title F#A# Infinity more significant (the first note on the album is F#, the last is A#)

it's interesting how the cd version has it's own take on the way to end it without that in place
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.