[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale from 1 to 10, how important do you think cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

On a scale from 1 to 10, how important do you think cover art is in music?
>>
>>
Bout tree fiddy
>>
I honestly don't want to listen to an album if it has an ugly, or shitty album cover.
>>
>>68325919
Depends
It can help make album iconic like pic related
>>
>>68325919
For me,it´s 50% of the album.
>>
seems to be very important since ITAOTS couldn't have amounted to shit without its cover art.
>>
i didn't even bother to look up covers if they weren't included in the download folder up until a year ago. Now i do it, but i still don't really care how they look

Though an interesting cover might draw my attention on it if i see it online.
>>
>>68325919
>>
>>
>>68326137
Idiot.
>>
>>
>>68326223
kys contrarian weeb
>>
>>68326250
Contrarian, AKA "anyone who disagrees with me, ever."
>>
>>68326284
Friendo, AKA ugly weeaboo spic
>>
>>68326223
I'm right and you know it.
>>
>>68326391
>spic
The person that you think is me is Native American.

>>68326423
No, you're not.
>>
>>68325919
Doesn't mean anything to the music but it means a hell of a lot to sales

Im more interested in how people identify albums by art. When I see OPs pic I instantly know its metal, probably fantasy related
>>
>>68326438
I'm right and you know it. You have no counterarguments whatsoever.
>>
>>68326467
>You have no counterarguments
You have no arguments to counter-argue besides making a statement, so all I have to say is "no" and we're equal in terms of contribution to this discussion.
>>
>>68326509
All you did, you retarded namefag newfag on a high-horse, was say "idiot" and that's all you're capable of even if I elaborated.
The cover art speaks to 4chan because lel so random and muh anonymity. The music itself is annoying and subpar; the listener has to force himself to like it and he would feel guilty if he didn't.
>>
>>68326656
>newfag
Lurk more.

> and that's all you're capable of even if I elaborated.
Do you mind if I borrow your crystal ball ?

>The cover art speaks to 4chan
I stopped reading there.
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea has been indie-famous long before 4chan existed.
>>
It has a very littler effect on the music its self but if it's shit art I'm less likely to listen to it in the first place
>>
>>68325919
i, as in it's completely fucking orthogonal to music.
>>
>>68325919
Doesn't make the music better but is 100% necessary if you want to make sales.
>>
>>68325919
it is important to the album, but not the music
>>
I think it influences people's opinion of the music a lot more than they think.
>>
>>68326012

Same.
>>
>>68325919
I'ts not album art retards, it's just album cover.
>>
>>68325919
9 - 10.

The whole aesthetic package is important, even if it's 'plane'.

Good music will come with a good name (band names are usually appropriate) and inspired albums have an inspired aesthetic idea that pervades not just the music but the album design, titles, etc. You should almost be able to imagine what an album cover looks like when you hear the music, or when you do, think "of course".

There are rare exceptions, like Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, and some krautrock albums.

Aesthetics are incredibly important, it's almost all down to aesthetics - and that remote, mysterious idea at the heart of it can only be known through its aesthetic experience, that's where it counts.
>>
>>68332092
Urgh. "Plain", meant to write there obviously.
>>
It's just an added bonus.

Same with book covers.

Not necessary, but nice.
>>
>>68326012
>>68329863

Yeah, or a bad band name. It's almost sure to be shit. Think of all the best bands. They had exactly the right name for their 'character' / style. Uncannily so. An uninspired name indicates an underdeveloped or uninspired, just-plain-shit band.
>>
>>68325919
10. For me, an album cover that fits perfectly with the music makes the experience much better. I'll still listen to a great album even if it has a shitty cover ("None Shall Defy" by Infernal Majesty, for instance).
>>
>>68325919
>>
Very important to me. For a while I wouldn't give No Love Deep Web a listen simply because I thought both of the covers looked really bad.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.