[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bands that used to be good but are absolute shit now. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
Bands that used to be good but are absolute shit now.

I'll start.
>pic
>>
>band literally names themselves after days where they smoke DUDE WEED LMAO
>end up trying to make politically charged pop rock music
where did they go wrong?
>>
Green day was never good
>>
The Misfits
Black Flag
>>
>>68314196
Don't know about that, they basically represented a generation of American youth. I don't particularly like them either, but to say they were never good isn't doing them justice.
>>
The strokes
placebo
smashing pumpkins
>>
>>68314808
misfits sucked, always have

but black flag sucked from what the... onward
>>
>>68315083
Misfits and Black Flag are more of an icon for world events taking place outside of the music, Black Flag was essentially the revival of a punk movement (American Hardcore scene) that was basically the same as the early days of the Sex Pistols (another shit band) in the U.K. Yeah, they both suck badly, but that's the point.
>>
Eminem
Nas
Jay z
De la soul
Basically any rapper who has released four or more albums and isn't signed/affiliated with rhymesayers
They all either become cringey caricatures of themselves or experiment and fail
>>
>>68314838
it is doing them justice
they were never good, regardless of whether they represented a generation of American youth with garbage taste in music
>>
>>68314183
nah greenday was never good
>>
>>68314183
Green Day, a group of men in their mid 40s trying to act like they are still in their mid teens. Green Day was never good. This band should have retired after the lead singers outburst at the iHeart Radio concert where he said he's no fucking Justin Bieber. Unfortunately for him the little kids in that show knew more about Bieber that shit Green Day. I dumped a girl four days in to a relationship because she was a "hardcore" Green Day fan.
>>
Green Day was the first alternative music that I heard one late night on MTV when I was in still in elementary so a few of their songs will always give me a nice special feeling.
>>
Your daily reminder that U2 released good music in the 80s.
>>
Metallica.
They just plain old sucked after The Black Album.
>>
>>68314183
Greenday were the quintessential "Mom doesn't understand, girl's won't kiss me, I like drugs and I'm white and middle-class and everyone's out to get me" band and they wrote pop music so they got signed out of what was a very exciting Punk scene in California at the time.
They weren't 'good', they were vapid and radio friendly. I really liked them as a babby and their output is mostly ok up until Nimrod... But they were never 'good'.
>>
green day was always trash
>>
Linkin Park
>>
>>68314183
I wouldn't necessarily say they are absolute shit now. But it is true that they are just a a shell of what tortoises to be.
At least the new album is better then the piss factory the trilogy was.
>>
They almost got good again with Revolution Radio

>>68314194
American Idiot
>>
>>68315523
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
I don't like Green Day now, and I kind of regret that I used to like em so much, but back when I was younger (middle school and early high school) they used to be my favorite band. I thought they understood me and thought their music was really good. Got their albums, learned to play their songs on guitar. Was really into em and I kinda regret it, cause now when I listen to their songs I don't get that warm feeling I do when I hear old songs and bands I used to like. I feel kinda dumb that I used to like it.
I think I don't get those warm feelings because their music has afraid been associated with bad negative feelings, emotions, and experiences I had when I thought I was a rebellious young teenager... But really I was just a jackass who didn't realize all my social problems were due to self alienation, but thought that the world around me was responsible. I wanted that feeling of rebellion so bad I kinda forced it on myself... But led to very negative emotional consequences.

Though they are the first band I was ever really really liked, and they got me into music so I guess that's cool
>>
>>68314183
>NOFX
They went to shit pretty much after '97
It all reeks of fucking edge and fedora
>before it was fun

Stuff like bad religion fits into this but their peak was in '94
>>
>>68316167
>implying they were good
>>
>>68315566
Their 90s output was even better
>>
>>68314196
their first two albums are great slacker rock with a punk flare
>>
>>68315595
I would think Justice was their last. Sad but true was the only good song off the black in my ears
>>
>>68319132
Kerplunk is lots of fun
>>
>>68314183
Pearl Jam
>>
What does /mu/ think of their new songs?
I actually liked Bang Bang and Revolution Radio.
Yes,they were edgy,but i still enjoyed them.
>>
>>68314183
The Doors
Deep Purple
The Who
Scorpions
Bon Jovi
>>
File: weird 1435199584197.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
weird 1435199584197.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>68315523
>>
>>68314183
It's the same shit you fucking dip

That's what everyone makes fun of them for, not changing after 20 years

And they're a good band, they're just generic and drowned in their influence a bit
>>
but i actually like their new album );
>>
>>68319922
This is their strongest album in years honestly.
>>
File: 1463935112978.jpg (28KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
1463935112978.jpg
28KB, 313x334px
>>68314183
Goddamnit I loved Dookie. Their new album sounds like absolute aids
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.