[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get into Sunn O)))? First albums? What do you think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 9900e8989932e0e18fe8bccea96da9ba.jpg (178KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
9900e8989932e0e18fe8bccea96da9ba.jpg
178KB, 1440x900px
How to get into Sunn O)))? First albums?
What do you think of them? Any concert experiences?, etc. etc.
>>
To get the real experience (or as close as you can get without seeing them live):

Get some GOOD speakers and subwoofer.

Unplug the headphones.

Point the speakers at you.

Max volume.

Play.
>>
>>68312624
I found the best Sunn O))) album to start with, or the one that sold me on them was White2
https://sunn.bandcamp.com/album/white2-2

I was on a noise kick a while ago and this was on repeat.
>>
File: sunn.jpg (304KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sunn.jpg
304KB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>68312624
step 1, don't be hungarian

those occasional random hung-lyrics are so out of place and funny-cringe it takes me out every time. a real shame.
>>
>>68312624
Which album would be the best to start out with?
>>
white 2, monoliths and dimensions, black one
>>
>>68313928
Give me some examples of the things he says sometimes?
>>
>>68312624
My first album was White 1
Start there, it's there first album with variation.
After that feel free to listen to White 2 or go straight to Monoliths & Dimensions. If you like them by that point, listen to all of their albums. Grimmrobe Demos and 00 Void are albums only hooked fans of them can really appreciate because they are otherwise very boring to the average listener.
>>
>>68314511
monoliths and dimensions
>>
>>68312624
Just go and see them live
I wasn't really impressed by them before my first concert. Now I know why are they so fucking great.
The performance sounded like a ritual of some amplifier-worshipping druid cult. There were tens of thousands of dollars on that small stage. It sounded like heaven and felt like sitting in a massage chair. Just make sure you have good ear protection. Not because it's that loud, but because cheap foam plugs the venue gives you just muffle the sound.
>>68312994
Yeah, I bought White2 right after my first concert, it's a good album that has everything this band is about.
>>68313928
Yeah, "megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért" was the reason I couldn't take Monoliths and Dimensions seriously, I cringed. But Oracle is actually great, and that sun-prayer at the concert was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard, so I don't agree with you fully.
>>
>>68316661
i think the spoken word on aghartha is worse. it completely kills the vibe
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.