[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand swans! It's just fucking noise,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I don't understand swans! It's just fucking noise, please explain to me!!!!
Pic unrelated kinda
>>
>>68310268
What album of Swans did you listen to? Because they have certainly evolved their sound over the span of nearly 40 years
>>
>>68310338
To be kind
>>
>>68310360
Really? I wouldn't describe that album is just noise, sure it's inaccessible, but it takes multiple listens to really process the sound of the album. It's all about feeling, but it takes a ton of patience and focus to try to get it. The harder you work at it, the more rewarding it becomes.
>>
I'd suggesting listening to The Great Annihilator. It's pretty "normal" compared to most other Swans albums, still really good though.
>>
>>68310360
try albums like love of life/white light from the mouth of infinity first to get used to that tension they build, then soundtracks for the blind for the ambient soundscapes and then revisit tbk. It should click.
>>
>>68310440
Soundtracks should be the one of the last albums that a person listens to, it bugs the shit out of me when people listen to Soundtracks first.
>>
>>68310476
what order would you go then anon?
>>
Thanks guys I'll try my bestest
>>
>>68310494
Chronological, or perhaps any order that has Soundtracks last from the 80s-90s time period.
>>
>>68310494
Not him but here's how I went
>To Be Kind
>The Glowing Man
>The Seer
>My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope
>White Light
>Love Of Life
>Children Of God
>Holy Money
>Greed
>Filth
>Cop
>The Great Annihilator
>Soundtracks For The Blind
>The Seer
>To Be Kind
>The Glowing Man

I have yet to listen to The Burning World but according to most people, i'm not missing much.
>>
>>68310268
They're bad. Just move on.
>>
>>68310583
Bad.. Bad ASS!
>>
>>68310533
I honestly think you could make it a lot simpler by going in this order

filth > children of god > great annihilator > the seer > tbk > soundtracks

maybe I'm biased because those records stick out to me the most
>>
>>68310671
No, just terrible.
>>
Filth, Cop and Children of God are the only good swans albums
>>
>>68310745
WRONG
>>
gira is way too serious about the bullshit he makes

i like some swans stuff but fuck
>>
>>68310780
he's actually not, he said himself in interviews that a lot of the songs happen in the moment
>>
>>68310797

i didn't mean it like that i meant in a "look how deep and dark and brooding my art is" kind of way
>>
>>68310574
you're missing their best track, god damn the sun
>>
White light from the mouth of infinity is the easiest to start from.
>>
>>68310268
Listen to Great Annihilator
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.