[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the FUCK the mono version is amazing and far superior, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

what the FUCK the mono version is amazing and far superior, why didn't anyone tell me?
>>
bump, please respond
>>
first of all, why superior?
>>
You didn't ask.
>>
>>68306459
Mono just makes Sister Ray the way it's supposed to be. It's a chaotic song and mono makes all the instruments blend together and sound like this huge noisy mess. The Gift is a cool gimmick and probably objectively better as stereo but for repeated listens mono just works better. Lastly the volume is just louder and each instrument feels more hard hitting, especially the drums. I've literally listened to the mono like twice though so I can't expand more than this for now.

>>68306543
Good point.
>>
>>68306565
i don't know anon, the stereo seems better to me, at least for sister ray, you can feel how the instruments crosses through your head, despite being two sources sometimes i feel like if the music were coming from everywhere...
>>
>>68306660
Don't get me wrong I do love the stereo version as well, it was always in my top 10 favorite songs of all time
>>
Mono will never be superior to stereo
>>
>>68305785
*sigh*...
it got so reddit in here

Anybody remember black metal and underground chunes?
>>
>>68306660
>>68306717
guys, i need a good live versions of it please, the matrix tapes bored me to death
>>
>>68306730
Except for every Beatles record pre-The White Album of course

>>68306733
>chunes
go to your containment thread

>>68306744
Boston Tea Party version is good
>>
>>68306812
>go to your containment thread
You killed it, reddit.
>>
>>68306812
And even the mono version of The White Album is better than the stereo version.
>>
>>68306849
Yeah sure but that's the only debatable one as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>68306812
which one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abo6FWEr18g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwq5aGw_O4
>>
>>68306877
Well I prefer it over the stereo version dubs or no dubs.
>>
>>68306918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEM1wayCOjI
>>
>>68306849
>>68306877
>>68306964
why you would prefer a version that sounds the same in both channels?

look guys, i'm new at this, if you explain this with no memeing i would be grateful
>>
>>68305785
whoa i've never heard the mono version? i personally know that for the old Beatle albums mono is superior (no stupid drum panning!). but i do love the primitive stereo effects on Lady Godiva's Operation
>>
>>68306877
>>68306849
>no Ringo yelling "I GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS" at the end of mono Helter Skelter.
yup, that one is the only album of theirs where mono vs. stereo is a tossup
>>
>>68307003
During the 60s lots of albums were recorded with mono mixing in mind because that was the transitioning period from mono to stereo so sometimes the mono mix just sounds better because more care has been put into it. This is the case for every Beatles album up until Abbey Road. The stereo mix was always an afterthough. The stereo mix also had terrible panning in some songs which make them unlistenable basically. That's one perspective.

Another one is for example Pet Sounds. Brian Wilson is basically deaf in one ear so "mono" was the only way he could hear the album therefore some people believe that's the intented way to listen to it (I prefer the stereo mix though)
>>
>>68307102
also consumers didnt really listen to music in headphones as much until like, the Walkman, so back in the 60s they were'nt really mixing stereo to sound like not-stupid in headphones, but rather with as much gimmicky seperation as possible, like 3d movies
>>
>>68307003
Ah but that's the thing. The Mono versions are quite different than their stereo counterparts. This was true not only with The Beatles but quite a few other bands from the 1960s. I really don't want to go into a long explanation as to what the differences are only to encourage you to listen to the mono and stereo version back to back. Other fine examples of where the mono version is different and superior to the stereo counterpart would be Piper at The Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd Her Satanic Majesty's Request by The Rolling Stones and Over Under Sideways Down (Or Roger The Engineer as it's known around the rest of the world) by The Yardbirds.
>>
>>68307058
Yeah but I also like the airplane noises on Back in The U.S.S.R. and the birds chirping and pigs oinking on Blackbird and Piggies on the mono version. I also think the mono version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Don't Pass Me By are also interesting.

>>68307102
Funny you should mention The Beatles and Brain Wilson in the same post while explaining the difference between mono and stereo releases in the 1960s.

It is well know that Sgt Pepper was a tribute to Pet Sounds and when it came to the mono version ofSgt Pepper The Beatles were VERY hands on in the mixing engineering and production. They didn't really care what Geof Emerick or George Martin did when it came to the stereo version. I still think Getting Better in Mono is much better than it's stereo counterpart.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.