[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Greetings From Michigan is a better album than Illinois,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 29

File: because that other thread sucks.png (19KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
because that other thread sucks.png
19KB, 800x800px
I think Greetings From Michigan is a better album than Illinois, and I think both albums are better than ITAOTS. I dont understand why /mu/ loves that album so goddamn much.

I think Money Store is the worst Death Grips album.
>>
>>68305451
Pablo honey is the best radiohead album
>>
>>68305474
Not their best, but certainly not their worst. The Bends is their best.
>>
File: dogshit.jpg (372KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
dogshit.jpg
372KB, 500x501px
This is a shitty album, idgaf if its "influential" its boring and i dont like it
>>
>>68305474
:)
>>
most post-punk is repetitive trash
>>
>>68305548
He said unpopular
>>
>>68305451
Michigan is goat
>>
>>68305543
this is what I want. VERY unpopular opinions.
>>68305548
not this bullshit
>>
>>68305543
this
>>
>>68305543
if you give a remote fuck about melody then this album is amazing
>>
Blur is shit
Weezer is shit
Gorillaz is shit
Nirvana is overrated. They're only influential for selling out
Bob Marley is a talentless hack
>>
>>68305717
you need to have pretty high standards to call weezer shit
>>
>>68305717
agreed
agreed
gorillaz is ok
ABSOLUTELY AGREED
agreed
>>
I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but:

I think Screamo is the worst things found in music.
>>
You're all edgy faggots and I listen to whatever I want.
>>
>>68305667
>not this bullshit
what do you mean
>>
>>68305749
you need to have pretty low standards to call weezer good
>>
>>68305773
disliking post-punk is not a very unpopular opinion. and this is a thread for VERY unpopular opinions.
>>
>>68305795
ok then, DSOTM is the best pink floyd album.
Its easily the most entertaining and the faggots around here keep hating on it because its popular
>>
>>68305793
My standards are a bit absurd, but blue and white pass them pretty well. They're a prime example of good pop rock.
>>
>>68305827
Thinking dark side is the best pink floyd album might literally be one of the most popular musical opinions you could have. Get it together man.
>>
>>68305874
not him but this is an extremely unpopular opinion around /mu/
>>
Grunge sucks. Nirvana sucks. Pearl Jam sucks. The Melvins sucks. Grunge took interesting genres like alt-rock, punk and heavy metal and blended them to gather to make boring dreary garbage.
Also all that shit about "killing hair metal" was stupid, hair metal was already dying in popularity and if anything grunge revitalized the whole "le real rock music" meme. Rock music should have died. Plus grunge led to post-grunge which is the worst genre of all time. Grunge sucks.

Britpop also sucks. I know this is less unpopular but it has it's fans sometimes. Britpop is shit.

Disco is great.

Tupac isn't even in the top 10 best rappers IMO. He's good and all but nothing special.
Hit 'Em Up is a weak disstrack, it's just a temper tantrum. Pac comes across as a 12 year old. Long Kiss Goodnight is a better diss.

Ether is also a weak disstrack. Jay-Z actually had dirt on Nas and Nas had gay jokes and puns. Ether is trash.

Eminem was good. Not that unpopular outside of /mu/ but still. SSLP, MMLP and the Eminem Show are good albums.

I can't get into Radiohead for the life of me. Kid A is decent background music but it's a pretty dull band.

I unironically like vaporwave.

Poptimism is shit but still better than rockism.

Neutral Milk Hotel is nothing special.

Henry Rollins is the best Black Flag frontman. I like all that sludge jazz stuff on BF's later albums.

Bowie's drum and bass period is actually pretty cool.

I unironically like Young Thug.

George Harrison is the best Beatle.
>>
>>68306076
>Bowie's drum and bass period is actually pretty cool.

That's unpopular?? I mean I completely 100% agree with that statement but I didn't think it was unpopular.
>>
File: beyonce-feminist.jpg (65KB, 595x456px) Image search: [Google]
beyonce-feminist.jpg
65KB, 595x456px
>>68305451
I think Beyonce is far more 'punk' than any group of white guys with guitars.
>>
>>68306076
>heavy metal
>interesting

>Neutral Milk Hotel is nothing special.
I can't get mad about this one but it's still wrong.
>>
>>68306076
>radiohead is dull
couldn't agree more.
i honestly think that everyone who likes them just hasn't heard anything by any other rock artist ever.
i get it, they make slightly artistic music for the masses, but it irritates me that everyone and their mother (literally) puts them in their fav' bands lists.

expand your musical understanding and broaden your horizons before you drown yourself in this dribble.
>>
>>68306112
I've never heard anyone say anything positive about it.

>>68306156
I'm not a huge heavy metal guy, but I like some early heavy metal bands like Sabbath. I ment more interesting than grunge.
>>
First Impressions Of Earth > Comedown Machine > Angles > Is This It > Room On Fire
>>
File: a1024330960_10.jpg (207KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1024330960_10.jpg
207KB, 1200x1200px
Accordian was the worst song on the album by far and literally anything else is better
>>
>>68305451
money store is not the best, just most accessible
>>
You guys only like Kanye because you have white guilt
>>
>>68306302
>3x3 thread
don't know why I lol'd.
>>
File: bernie.jpg (80KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
bernie.jpg
80KB, 600x649px
death grips fans are just a bunch of edgy teenagers who want to look like they are into obscure music
>>
>>68306236
Dude...it's my 2nd favorite Bowie album.
>>
I didn't like this album.
Hip hop/rap is trash 95% of the time.
I gave the whole album a listen and it had cool instrumentals but I can't stand rapping.
>>
>>68306198
Alright, I'll bite. I like Radiohead a lot, what are the more "true" artistic rock bands that you find superior? The ones that make music for individuals and not the masses.
>>
>>68305717
The only one of these I can't agree on is Gorillaz. I have a soft spot for them.
>>
Bob Dylan had the worst vocal delivery of all time
>>
>>68306302
what the fuck accordion is the greatest hip hop song of all time
>>
>>68306521

I like rap and I don't understand all the praise it's getting. It's not a bad album but definitely not AOTY material.
>>
Tool is shit, they play popish alternative rock with "heavy" guitars, they are pseudo-intellectuals and have the worst fans. They aren't artsy, they aren't deep, they aren't metal and they don't make intellectual music, they make mainstream music. PS: their best songs are usually the ones that don't have vocals and guitars.
>>
>>68306583
thanks, looks like we caught a juicy one!

my point is how can you consider yourself aware of even a fraction of music out there if you're still listening to thom york complain about being a human being?

literally deplorable. maybe a pet hate, and you shouldn't go around flaunting your e-balls in terms of how many bands you've listened to, but I genuinely cannot accept people listen to something like Natural Snow Buildings, Tim Hecker or Birchville Cat Motel, and think "nah, I'd rather just go back to some pathetic guy complaining over some mediocre background music in the odd differentiating time signature".
>>
>>68306076
>Britpop also sucks. I know this is less unpopular but it has it's fans sometimes. Britpop is shit.
>Tupac isn't even in the top 10 best rappers IMO. He's good and all but nothing special.
>Ether is also a weak disstrack. Jay-Z actually had dirt on Nas and Nas had gay jokes and puns. Ether is trash.
>I can't get into Radiohead for the life of me. Kid A is decent background music but it's a pretty dull band.
>I unironically like vaporwave.
>Poptimism is shit but still better than rockism.
>Henry Rollins is the best Black Flag frontman.
>I unironically like Young Thug.
>George Harrison is the best Beatle.
All of these are popular opinions on /mu/.
>>
Recorded music has been to the detriment of the art
>>
In Flames is pretty good. Both old and new.
>>
>>68306769
you know you're pulling that out of your ass
>>
Records are fucking stupid.
Cassette Tapes are superior.
CDs are in between these two.
>>
>>68305717
>Bob Marley is a talentless hack
No
>>
>>68306831
I've heard it said. It is a debatable point.
>>
>>68306853
Bob Marley's music was retroactively ruined by his gay ass fans, much like Neutral Milk Hotel or the beatles
>>
File: Mccartney76.jpg (92KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mccartney76.jpg
92KB, 750x750px
Paul McCartney & Wings were a far more musically talented act than The Beatles and all of Wings' albums are better than The Beatles worst albums. The only thing the Beatles really had going for them was their production value, much thanks to good ol' GM.
>>
/mu ruined our music career
>>
>>68305451
>I think Greetings From Michigan is a better album than Illinois
there are literally dozens of us
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1000x1000px
Pic related is best Dre album.
>>
>>68306729
>ITT: Very Unpopular Opinions
>>
Indie Rock is unredeemably gay and shitty.
>>
File: fu1qLmD.jpg (734KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fu1qLmD.jpg
734KB, 1920x1080px
> MPP is their worst
> not that it's bad at all but least amount of contently good song
> PW is a nice album and is absolutley fine
> HCTI and sung tongs is their bets
> alvin row is insanely fucking overated
> they are masters of amazing openings, and pretty lackluster closing songs
> Slippi and panic are probably their best songs
What are some good albums that sound like slippi? It's perfectly lo-fi
>>
>>68305474
Creep is the only thing of value they managed to put out
>>
The Beatles are okay
>>
>>68306928
[spoiler]when I was a kid and I heard people talk about paul mccartney being in wings, I thought they meant the sitcom.[/spoiler]
>>
>>68305451
Brian Wilson is a poor man's Burt Bacharach
>>
File: 1458387425106.jpg (44KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458387425106.jpg
44KB, 308x450px
>>68305474
>>68305539
>>68307137
Worst bait I've ever seen.
>>
>>68307287
hahaha, awesome
>>
I'm not a big fan of Alvin Row, and Danse Manatee is a huge improvement over STG. Geologist should make a solo album someday
>>
>>68307046
Not saying much, considering he's only put out three records in 23 years and managed to make all three of them bland shit.
>>
>>68306076
I often wonder what my taste in music would be like if roxk music had died when hip hop really picked up. I like something in most genres but the things I connect with best are still rock based. Would I just be one of those saddos that only listens to music that's thirty or forty years old?
>>
>>68306509
This.
>>
Darklands>Psychocandy
The Way Out>Thought for Food
Bug>>>You're living all over me
Of Montreal is the best Elephant 6 band
>>
This is my favourite Beatles album.
>>
>>68307235
>Artist that focus on lyrics more than the music should not be making music and should fuck off.
This is such a shit opinion. Lyrics are like 50% of a song in terms of importance. The other 50% is instrumentals. You can have as many beautiful instrumentals as you want, but if you put shit lyrics over it, I'll disregard it completely, and vice versa. If you don't like lyrics, fuck off and listen to EDM or whatever you fuckboiis listen to.
>>
>>68307408
the beatles where racist hacks who got rich appropriating black music
>>
File: 551939f3c3a8c_piero_scaruffi.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
551939f3c3a8c_piero_scaruffi.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>Neil Young is average at best
>The Ramones suck, and so does all first wave punk
>The Black Parade is a good album (not that unpopular of an opinion but surely garner responses)
>PC Music is trash
>New York Dolls suck
>>
>>68305451
death grips is shit
the moderm music is shit
the 50´s,60´s,70´s and 80´s are the best music ever made by the humankin
>>
>>68307408
thats the ONLY beatles album I like.
>>68307446
truth
>>
>>68307463
And they did a damn good job of it. :)
>>
>>68307446
>>68307463
Please find me a song by a black artist that sounds like For No One or She's Leaving Home that predates it.
>>
>>68305451
>Michigan is better than Illinois
you're not very olone
>>
>>68305451
Moonchild is the second best song on ITCOTCK, and I mean the complete song. 21st CSM is the least good (still good)
>>
>>68307522
to be fair the Beatles also stole Indian music like the british colonial scum they were
>>
>>68307412
How can you not understand the fact i never said lyrics were shit/non important.
I'm saying putting it over music is stupid.
>>
>>68307648
Please find me a song by an Indian artist that sounds like For No One or She's Leaving Home that predates it.
>>
>>68306076

I agree with almost all of those.
The Melvins were good, but they weren't really grunge btw. They tagged them grunge only because they came from Seattle and were friends with Cobain.
>>
>>68307404
>Of Montreal is the best Elephant 6 band
go back to bed, son.
>thinking this is an opinion that isn't shared by every single person who discovered what the elephant 6 collective is three months ago.
come back when you've had more of a delve.
>>
MBDTF is nowhere near Kanye's best album. Yes, the production is pretty gorgeous and it's filled with songs that could be hits, but it's just not all that interesting to me. Doesn't really stand out to me when I listen to it. And this is coming from someone who loves Kanye's stuff. I find that it's so polished that it's relatively uninteresting.
>>
File: DangerousWoman.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DangerousWoman.png
53KB, 300x300px
This is my new favorite album. I have listened to it countless times. Her voice just serenades my soul
>>
>>68307329
Fuck you the chronic is one of the best albums ever
>>
File: Horrible Night.jpg (14KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
Horrible Night.jpg
14KB, 246x184px
>>68307813
>>
>>68306842

Cassette is the most retarded music format, besides 8 track tape.
I can't wrap my head around how people can still consider them cool in 2016.
They have all the flaws of the other formats and none of the pros, except maybe portability.
>>
File: 47.jpg (576KB, 752x988px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
576KB, 752x988px
/mu/ was better when it tried to out-niche-genre itself. I didn't realize it then, and in fact fought against what I thought was just stupid hipsterism, but now that /mu/ is nothing but dreary angsty tween music I have seen the error of my ways. It's like when /a/ decided high school dramas were the only good anime (something I wasn't a part of - thankfully I can't take the credit for ruining all of 4chan, just /mu/).

Bring back field recordings.

Bring back seapunk.

Bring back nu-crunk-ghost-funk-hell-wave-hop-core-gaze.

Bring back endless ITAOTS and Madvillain.

Just don't let these tweens fuck up /mu/ with their underage angst music any more.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
The lack of this image on this board in the past few months is undeniable proof that /mu/ is a bunch of pretentious, contrarian hipsters.

Case closed
>>
>>68307865
you see this is an unpopular opinion thread so go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1af3m9-1.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1af3m9-1.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>68306076
Poptimism is actually the highest stage of rockism. rockism is all about 'relevance' and the supposed 'life changing' power of popular music, which is ultimately just another consumer product. Poptimism takes merely takes this to its paradoxical extreme. Middle aged media class aparatchniks praising multimillion dollar popstars as pseudorevolutionary political icons. the troublesome ideal of 'authenticity' is done away with, leaving only bourgeoisie muh empowerment ideology
>>
>>68306886
>caring what other people say to the point where it can ruin your enjoyment of some music
wew
>>
>>68307292
That's just crazy talk
>>
>>68305827
DSOTM might be the best, but The Wall is better
>>
>>68308002
Rockism is just as bourgeois. The whole "real rock and roll" shit has a false image of rebelliousness but is completely hollow and toothless. In fact I think the veneer of false rebelliousness makes rockism more insidious in it's ideology. But both are shit.
>>
>>68308137
when I think bob marley, i think redditors and dude weed lmao. while Neutral Milk Hotel makes me think about /mu/ memes and yall racist greaslord autists. the original points of reference got pushed way out of the picture. culture changes all the time.
>>
I don't like Radiohead at all
>>
>>68308228
Rockism is boomer narcissism

Poptimism is millennial narcissism
>>
>Dream Theater is the best prog rock band ever
>>
Thrash is the worst genre of metal

>>68306076
>Melvins
>grunge
I'll allow it

>>68306138
Bourgeois feminism is not punk. Kill yourself

>>68306521
t. whitey

>>68307137
>trying this hard

>>68307235
but lyrics are part of music anon

>>68307930
>I can't wrap my head around how people can still consider them cool in 2016.
literally hipsters
>>
>>68307852
It's generic at best
>>
Country at its best is better than folk at its best. I know there's quite a bit of crossover between the two genres but even the best country albums that are 100% country are better than the best folk albums that are 100% folk.
>>
Miracles is actually a good song.

Yes, THAT Miracles.

Not lyrically, musically. Though sometimes it feels good to say "Fuck Science" for draining all the magic out of life.
>>
Is the opinion that Bryter Layter is a lot better than Pink Moon too unpopular?
>>
File: science_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
science_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>68309394
I approve of this post. scientism is the plebbiest/most reddit ideology out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwd5vks9n8
>>
>>68305451
KVLT and black metal is elitist and sounds bad/terrible/crap
>>
kraut/prog rock is long winded and self indulgent
>>
Hardcore punk is not really punk. regular punk music from today is not cool or groundbreaking. nor is it rebellious.
>>
>>68305451
I don't pay that much attention to lyrics. I'll pay attention if they're really good or bad, but otherwise I just hear the voice as another instrument.
>>
I have yet to hear a non-jazz album from the 60's that isn't boring as fuck
>>
>>68310383
>I have yet to hear a non-jazz album from the 60's that isn't boring as fuck
In The Court Of The Crimson King?
>>
Liam is Peng
>>
>>68310429
Shit I forgot that was 69
That's one
Also the 80's were pretty bad for music
>>
>>68310383
I honestly can't think of a single artist from the era to change your mind with, and I have a lot. Not Arthur Brown, Moondog, The Small Faces, hell, not even Black Sabbath's demo album under the name Earth would do the trick.

Fuck, were the 60s really that bland?
>>
sufjan stevens is boring overrated hipster trash
>>
>>68310481
Maybe it's the fact that what they've influenced is so much more complex, plus the higher amount of musical resources at our disposal. Didn't most 60's bands have to cover other songs for a good portion of their career before they could even get a label to think about recording them? That would certainly stifle anyone trying to do anything outside the box.
>>
French is the only acceptable language for popular music vocals
>>
>>68305749
nice b8 if you're talking about the band as a whole, but if youre just talking about pinkerton thats fine
>>
>>68310091
>kvlt = elitism
Definitely. Social outcasts need some way to feel superior to normies after all

>black metal sounds bad
It's supposed to you fucking mong
>>
>>68310383
Rubber Soul
The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators
Pet Sounds
Revolver
Easter Everywhere
Magical Mystery Tour
Sgt. Pepper's
The Velvet Underground and Nico
White Light / White Heat
Phallus Dei
Abbey Road
Monster Movie
In the Court of the Crimson King
not to mention Captain Beefheart and Cream
maybe you just have shit taste
>>
Cherry Bomb is Tyler's best album
>>
>>68305451
Pic related is without a single doubt album of the year so far.
>>
>>68310625
>not loving the blue album
>jesus fucking christ
>>
>>68307100
>Chocolate Girl is extremely underrated
>>
Pinkerton is the best Weezer album
>>
File: Wolf_Cover2.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_Cover2.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Tyler the Creator is a better artist than Earl Sweatshirt. And Wolf is better than any Earl project
>>
I unironically think the 80s were the best decade for music.
>>
I like early 2000's pop-punk and I don't give a fuck how cheesy it is. It's good.
>>
Animal Collective is garbage horseshit and they've never written a single good piece of music. This is coming from someone who routinely listens to pop and experimental electronica.

U2 is GOAT and hasn't made a single bad album.
>>
>>68305543
He said very unpopular opinions, not a reason to get fucking murdered.
>>
>>68312018
animal collective are spotty most of the time but have written some truly great tonally experimental pop music while U2 have never released anything remotely good in their entire careers
they're actually offensively awful
>>
>>68312085
I'm sure I've taken a tonally pleasing shit once in my life.

That doesn't mean I record and release every shit I take.
>>
Music complete is the best new order album
>>
>>68310556
:0
>>
File: 1465619015612.png (202KB, 367x358px) Image search: [Google]
1465619015612.png
202KB, 367x358px
>>68312135
>>
>>68310319
Same here
>>
The last three Kanye albums are his best.
>>
Bands on record labels like Fearless, Epitaph and Equalvision get way more shit than they deserve.

Victory Records sucks tho.
>>
strDavidbowiealbum <> good album
>>
i have no problem with artificial lo-fidelity or analog sounds
>>
As far as mainstream popular music goes, the red hot chili peppers are one of the best bands of all time.
In terms of mainstream popular music of course. Not in general.
>>
File: ufuckingwot.png (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
ufuckingwot.png
7KB, 231x218px
>>68305717
>Gorillaz is shit
>>
>>68306076
>Tupac isn't even in the top 10 best rappers IMO. He's good and all but nothing special.
Completely agree. I like Pac, but I will never understand why people put him up there with the greats. He's good, but no where near Kendrick, Eminem, Biggie, Wu Tang (in their prime) etc. On that note, Jay Z is extremely over rated as well
>Ether is also a weak disstrack. Jay-Z actually had dirt on Nas and Nas had gay jokes and puns. Ether is trash.
I like the song ether, but it is weaker. I never got why people said Nas "won". Takeover was much better.
>eminem
Eminem is fucking great, you are the living "/mu/ is hipster" stereotype if you shit on him.
>radiohead
thisx100
>vaporwave
Again, I'm with you.
>NMH
I really like them. /mu/ has over hyped them, but ITAOS is still one of my favourite albums.
You have generally strong taste my friend.
>>
>>68311440
>>black metal sounds bad
>It's supposed to you fucking mong

i know what you meant but it's not supposed to sound "bad" it's just supposed to sound how it sounds
>>
>>68313322
Back when flea was in films with Keanu Reeves they were a best of all time band. People that make goat judgements are a lot younger than them now so probably less aware that they're contending the title.
>>
Music would be MUCH better if the beatles (the pioneers of bubblegum pop) never existed
>>
>>68305546
:^)
>>
>>68307462
I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION
>>
>le rong generashun
Honestly, classical music is the epitome of song writing. Rhythmically, structure wise, melody wise and harmony wise. Anything after the romantic era goes downhill in every single category.
>>
my chemical romance's first three albums are better than the combined discography of radiohead and the beatles
>>
Kendrick Lamar has a terrible rapping voice and it brings his shit waaaay down
>>
>>68305543
THANK YOU
the beach boys are fucking ass
boring as fuck
>>
I actually like Montie
>>
>>68305543
you just have shit taste
>>
>>68305543
This, /mu/ has shit taste
>>
I think acoustic guitar music is still the best music out there.
>>
>the mouse and the mask is the best MF DOOM album
>the Beatles are better than the beach boys
>Chelsea Wolfe is only good when she makes acoustic songs and even those are pretty shit
>Mac Demarco is a really good song writer
>the 80's was the best decade for music
>the first two albums by kings of Leon are great
>iron maiden hasn't made anything good since the killers
>ac/dc are pretty good
>I don't recognise emo as a genre
>>
This is the second best Black Flag album.
>>
File: 8O4P3eT.jpg (127KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
8O4P3eT.jpg
127KB, 620x620px
best album of the year so far
>>
every single beach house song sounds the same
>>
>>68313509
literally stands for all the cult-fuckin-classic 60s bands
>>
radiohead?
I read OP's thing and thought it was about some new band I'd never heard of.
Radiohead?

Lol. First time here on /mu/ and I even made a post before looking at the catalog.

Just bad taste, all around.

Bad.

All of Chan is just bad lately.

I blame /pol/, or would if they didn't have better taste in music than a music board.

Just awful stuff here.
>>
>>68314298
never understood people who like (or just pretend to) rollins' spoken word stuff, the man is a bitter, boring fuck without any sense of humor
>>
Painting With is easily one of the worst releases of the year, disregarding memes like Corey Feldman

There are pretty much no worthwhile psychedelic pop albums from the 60s worth mentioning, bar Pink Floyd's debut. Pretty much everything psychedelic was done better in the following decades.
>>
>>68305766
I don't think you'll find anyone that disagrees here. God I hope there are no screamo evangelists on this board or mu has gotten worse than I thought.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 680x1020px
Classic music is so much better than anything that came out after jazz.

Listening to rock music in 2016 is a guilty pleasure, nothing more. Bach is the real deal.
>>
>>68306076
I'll agree that post-grunge was the worst thing ever.

Daft Punk made me realize the disco fetish.

Ironically liking vaporwave is for plebeians. So is not ironically making it.
>>
>>68306241
God damn dude are you alright?
>>
>>68306741
>How can people think (x) is better than (y) when (y) exists?
>>
>>68306729
Your opinion is so unpopular that I literally see it on this board everyday. Amazing!
>>
>>68307100
>What are some good albums that sound like slippi? It's perfectly lo-fi
bumping for interest
>>
File: folder.jpg (232KB, 1000x1018px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
232KB, 1000x1018px
tool have a great fanbase
icp too

artists better bring a healthy dose of pretentiousness. humble ones are more often boring

that guy from brave little abacus is a fantastic vocal performer

that guy from katatonia is terrible. katatonia is terrible

weezer wrote exactly one good song: hash pipe

similarly, float on really is mm's best song

pop/rock/rnb-derivatives/dance > classical music >>> jazz

in fact yes, prog rock > jazz

english is not that great of a language for rap music

noise is in fact not music. that's not supposed to be pejorative. music as most commonly understood has syntax

crunkcore was never even a real thing
had a competent enough band actually attempted to fuse those two genres, that could have been neat

trancecore is great

rule of thumb, the further an offshoot of punk music is from the root, the better

"pop punk is an oxymoron" is the dumbest fucking shit i have ever heard

it is perfectly acceptable to refer to ADTR or whatever as "screamo", or MCR as "emo". it's not that the people perpetuating this use need correction, the terms need redefinition. or needed anyways, idt that's an issue in 2016 but it always pissed me off. same with "dude thats not trve dubstep, its brostep". these people literally dont know the first thing about how language works

what makes metal interesting is its act of embracing the disgusting (ie gore), aswell as the shunned (ie cheesiness, just generally being an outsider)

poptimism is interesting for a similar reason, either of those aren't far reaching enough

thus i propose: sporktimism.

on that note, pic related might just be the greatest album of all time

>>68314646
/mu/ sucks but it's definitely not because of "muh taste"
>>
>>68306603
That's basically a fact. Bob Dylan is a horrible singer.
>>
>>68307412
Here we have a perfect example of a plebian thinking he's being patrician
Why are lyrics 50% of the song? What decides this? Why do you lump every single thing that isn't words into the category of "not words" aka instrumentals? Obviously a lot more goes into the instrumental of a song than the lyrical part, unless the song features exactly one instrument. So why? Why is your opinion of music so limited to what it says? The whole point of music, in my opinion anyway, is to transcend language and be able to invoke feelings beyond our primitive communication tools.
>>
>>68311614
I agree. I think tylers a much better producer than rapper, and cherry bomb has the best ratio of good beats to mediocre lyrics out of all his albums so far.
>>
>>68305543
but..... wouldnt it be nice if we were older :(

then we wouldn't have to wait so long :(
>>
>>68312018
>>>electronica
what an ugly word
>>
>>68316614
I wish I could still use the word techno without sounding like a grandpa
>>
>>68316679
You can still use techno in reference to actual techno music.
>>
>>68305543
It sounds very cute, charming, and alive, and the lyrics are simple and relatable, so I don't think it's boring
>>
>>68305769
Bump
>>
>>68307462
that era of music falls within modern, so jokes on u anon
>>
>>68307446
>unpopular
>beatles were racist
this is literally taught in music history, George Harrison was the worst because he blatantly stole from Indian Classical and pretended it was his own drug inspired ideas
>>
File: 1475875392805.jpg (69KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
1475875392805.jpg
69KB, 800x610px
>>68307522
>no mention of every single song being stolen
>mention of stealing: referring to the overuse of ideas from Indian Classical and roots rock (which came from black slaves) without crediting the genres
>>
>>68307930
>none of the pros
-better sound quality than digital, far more durable than vinyl
-portable (you literally mentioned this yourself so idk what you're on)
-lo-fi as well as hi-fi music can be recorded onto them
>have all the flaws
-not easily scratched like vinyl and cd
-doesnt accumulate dust like vinyl
-doesnt lose the physical experience like cds
>>
>>68310383
too bad you don't exist, philosopleb
>>
>>68317642
hey u guys know "appropriating" isn't a thing btw just fyi letting you guys know.
>>
>>68310429
>non-jazz album
>Court of the Crimson King
nice going pleb
>>
>>68317764
did I say appropriating, or straight up stealing?
>>
>>68317796
either way its not a thing if its not a perfect recreation of a specific piece of music.

"they stole our slang & our clothing!!"

btw not even a beatles fan..but yeah its not a thing sorry try again.
>>
>>68314611
>Painting With is easily one of the worst releases of the year

Definitely agree
>>
the beatles and the beach boys are absolute garbage
kanye is absolute garbage
daft punk are boring
the strokes are boring
godspeed you black emperor are overrated, but still good
animal collective are extremely overrated, but are okay
>>
>>68305543
It's a good album IMO, very well composed, the arrangements are nice and complex, and it was certainly revolutionary for its time, but it's still quite overrated, and I can't stand the people who are like "DUDE TRAINS DOGS AND COKE CANS LMAO THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN"
>>
>>68312018
>AnCo is garbage
>U2 is GOAT

this is an unpopular opinions thread, not a pleb opinions thread
>>
Radiohead and Tool are boring
>>
>>68314298
goddamn that cover is edgy
>>
>>68306302
nah i agree with you 100% the song really turned me off to the album at first. that dont touch the mic like theirs aids on it is still terrible to me
>>
>>68318103
You started out good but then you mentioned Tool.
>>
>>68305451
normie shit and reference memes doesnt make music better

screw all edm and poop that "goes hard"
>>
>>68318120
I think they are equally boring and uninteresting

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>68307930
i like cd and vinyl but what is the point of cassette
>>
>>68305451
Halfaxa > Visions
>>
>>68305451
Spiderland is way overrated on here, also this >>68305543
>>
>>68311613
he does
>>
>>68317642
>pretended it was his own drug inspired ideas
No he didn't, he was open about his Indian influences throughout his life.
>>
>>68306831
Not even. All recorded music has contributed is the culture of >muh bands
>>
>>68314428
FUCKING THIS THANK YOU
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.