[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do your parents think of your musical taste? Also what do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

What do your parents think of your musical taste?
Also what do you think of your parents taste in music?
>>
>>68303507
My mom is scared of Aphex Twin, & thinks Swans is satanic.
>>
>>68303590
My mother also thinks my music taste is satanic. Swans included. Although to be fair just about everything in the world is satanic to her.
>>
>>68303507
Dad likes Lightning Bolt same as me, but can't stand Hella's time signatures.

Mom is 80's popist.
>>
lol i dont talk to them
>>
>>68303507
after years of playing various genres of music on the aux cable I've converted my parents into accepting most music, I took my dad to a Swans concert once and he really enjoyed it.
>>
My parents don't give a shit. I also don't really give a shit what they listen to. My mom loves 80's pop and my dad likes anything "classic rock" from the 70's and all the dadrock staples up to the early 90's.
>>
>>68303507
They think it's fucking weird but think i'm artistic/creative because of it something so that's nice
>>
mom somewhat likes the quieter stuff, dad listens to dadrock adn pop
>>
>>68303507
My mom likes the hip-hop music I listen to (Wu-Tang, Nas, even Death Grips sometimes), my dad has a strong disdain for hip-hop and niggers ever since he's been to USA for a year.
They both hardly stand my noise music, but that's understandable.
They both like the indie shits I play and listen to like NMH
>>
my mom really enjoys death grips I took her to a concert once we got really drunk and fucked after that was like 4 years ago though
>>
My mum isn't a big fan of most of my bands, but she likes the softer ambient and post-punk bands I play. My dad loves some of the albums I've bought, usually the quirky avant-grade stuff. My dad's always had interesting taste, but stuck mainly to the most accessible stuff, like Iron Maiden, David Bowie, and early U2. My mum tends to stick with pop/rock and some jazz.
>>
>>68304499
Yeah, I bet that really did happen you're totally not a liar.
>>
My dad listens to dadrock and numetal and my mom listens to dadrock and some alt-rock

Not too bad but still they don't really explore music
>>
>>68304537
>My dad listens to dadrock and numetal

>tfw many posters on /mu/ have parents young enough to be listening to numetal back in the 90s...
>>
>>68304499
Damn man how horny was your mum? Did she let you dominate her?
>>
>>68304711
>believing it happened
>>
Dads favorite stuff:

Led Zepplin
Most 70-10s folk music
David Bowie
Pre Viva La Vida Coldplay
Don McLean
Radiohead

Mums music:

R.E.M
The Human League
Kraftwerk
Everything Everything
David Bowie
Talking Heads

Yea, my parents are pretty cool imo
>>
>>68304783
stop killing the mood yo

>>68304499
Did she moan your name anon? We need more info
>>
my dad likes radiohead and andrew bird
my mom likes rem

they're ok i guess
>>
Mom hates all my powerviolence and noise rock shit, she imitates how Melt-Banana and Charles Bronson sing whenever she wants to make fun of my taste, but I usually find my REM albums inside my car's CD player when she asks me to lend her my car. She thinks Boris are badass too. Her faves are Kiss, ABBA, Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees.

Dad listens to oldies and Mexican music, I don't think he's ever been in a situation where he's had to listen to my music which I think is the best for us since he finds Queens of the Stone Age too noisy.
>>
>>68304860
But it's making the ol' Aspergers mad you are actually believing this obvious lie.
>>
my dad likes guns n roses and jimmy buffet
my mom is 80s popist

my dad takes more interest in what im listening to, and asks me about it, which is nice and cool

my mom will tell me to turn something off if its annoying her even if im in the next room
she also thinks some of my music is satanic
>>
my mom thinks my music taste is good but she also thinks I have massive yellow fever
>>
>>68304666
Satanposter pls go

My dad's nearly 50
>>
They don't like it but mom thought it was funny that I like tuvan throat singing.

Both of them have pretty shit taste to be honest. Mom listens to the radio and "likes everything" which basically just means "i like everything the station plays" and have christmas playlists on repeat for the entire december.. and dad likes medicore metal like nightwish, evanessence and other stuff I can't think of.
>>
My mother likes some Animal Collective, but she usually sticks to jazz or Barbra Streisand.

My father doesn't necessarily like what I like, but he respects it. He likes mostly typical dad-rock, but has surprised me a few times.
>>
>>68305295
>but has surprised me a few times.

elaborate you fucker
>>
>>68305051
Who said he was believing it? Probs just likes incest stories
>>
>>68303507
They don't give two shits. Mom likes country and dad likes indie rock.
>>
My family thinks I'm too critical of any kind of media. It doesn't matter if it's music, tv, movies, etc.
>>
They classify any music I show them as 'my music' even if I'm not personally the biggest fan of it.
>>
>>68307151
my parents do this same shit and it drives me crazy
>>
>Dad is a car enthusiast like me

He'll fucking love eurobeat
>>
>>68305309
Sorry man I just got off of work

For instance, I was listening to Gorillaz a couple weeks back, and he came over and said "That sounds really good, what is it?"
I was so excited.
>>
>>68303507
my dad wants an "alternative to my alternative music". his is alright. lot of bob seger tier shit. huey lewis beach boys idk. shits fine i guess
>>
idk
idc

pretty much never talk to my parents.
>>
I got my dad into ambient, vaporwave....and Deadmau5. I don't even really listen to Deadmau5, but I played Superliminal for him and now it's the only song he keeps on his phone.

He's a dadrocker through and through - the stuff he likes is a tad boring, like Iron Butterfly or Aerosmith. But it's ok. Shame he isn't into classic metal - he says that was all after his time.

My mom hates pretty much all my music, except some of my funk and disco.

I pretty much find her music bland and generic - it's all got that "public domain commercial music" feel to it, despite actually being from popular artists.

No wait, I have the perfect example. Imagine a music library full of songs like 'Cups (You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone)'.
>>
My dad is really into indie rock and reads Pitchfork. We've always talked about music and get each other's taste well enough to make informed recommendations. My mom likes a lot of same stuff but my taste is often too abrasive and 'random' for her.
>>
>>68309235
>Pitchfork
>Informed recommendation
>>
>>68308999
>implying the gorillaz are good
>>
>>68309446
That's, like, your opinion man
>>
my dad tried to jump off the car the other day while I was playing Bjork's Vespertine

he said it is music to commit suicide to
>>
My dad likes Alice in Chains, the Clash, and Dave Matthews.

My mom likes Steely Dan and Earth, Wind & Fire.

I have 7 siblings so they don't really care about our music taste because the family's overall taste is pretty diverse.

I played Frizzle Fry one time in the car with my mom and she thought it was kinda funny (stuff like too many puppies) but not bad or anything
>>
File: bugs bunny.jpg (24KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny.jpg
24KB, 698x672px
>>68303507
I listen to Coheed and Cambria, as well as a bit of random stuff from here or there. It ranges from pop to shit only, like, twelve people have ever listened to.

My parents are born-again Baptists who listen to that weird rock/christian mix. You know, the ones where it sounds like some sort of 90s rock combo that tires really hard to be cool, but is only cool to Christians who are by their very nature not cool at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE

Also....apparently there exists Christian Screamo music.

"PHHRAIIISE CHRIIISSSSSSTTTTTT"
>>
>>68309527
Can confirm, am Christian

Our music is generally pretty boring, you gotta dig deep
>>
>>68309507
upvoted :^)
>>
>>68309507
Your dad sounds like a pretty okay guy to chill with.
>>
>>68309527
The only Christian music I've liked are a few sparse gems from Creed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4G8_alAT4

Anything you've got to offer? Like I've said; I like random stuff from everywhere.
>>
>>68309527

>>68309621

I meant to quote this guy.

>>68309555
>>
File: 200_s.gif (26KB, 441x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
26KB, 441x200px
>>68309527
>grow up listening to KJ52
>oh look it's just Eminem
>grow up listening to Tobymac
>oh look it's just Kid Rock
>grow up listening to DC Talk
>oh look it's just Queen
>grow up listening to Pillar
>oh look it's just Disturbed
>grow up listening to Stacie Orrico
>oh look it's just Britney Spears
>grow up listening to Plus One
>oh look it's just NSYNC
>grow up listening to Audio Adrenaline
>oh look it's just Foo Fighters
>grow up listening to Newsboys
>oh look it's just Chumbawumba
>>
>>68309640
Sure, my man. Try out Current 93. The guy behind Current 93 identifies as a Christian, but he also believes in Buddhism and is generally kind of nuts, so take that how you want to.

Children of God by Swans is also a Christian album, technically.

If you're into metal, try Celestial Completion by Becoming the Archetype.

Try the compilation album Goodbye Babylon if you like old-timey folk music from the 30s

I can't think of anything else right now, but I know there's more.
>>
File: 1468392238350.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468392238350.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
My mom listens to top 40 country almost exclusively
My father listens to dadrock, but the better kind.
His favorite albums are Rumours, Boston, The Joshua Tree, and Brothers in Arms.

For the most part, they like my music. I got my mom into Mac Demarco and Duster. My dad is pretty much ok with any music that came out pre-90's
>>
>>68309621
I got some good christian music, surprisingly! I found it by accident.

The key is to go for more soul/gospel stuff instead of the rock-oriented stuff. Soul wins, Rock loses in that department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypO8pt_8NQ
>>
>>68309591
No, he's just tasteless and too used to listening to radio country

Vespertine is not even that weird, it's just kinda unusual, but he is so ignorant that he was genuinely freaked out by it. His reaction was kind of hilarious. He was so shocked that he brought it up during dinner with my mom.
>>
>>68304537
>>68304666
>>68305134

>tfw I'm old enough to be someone's dad on here

>>68303507

My dad is autistic or something and doesn't listen to music anymore. He had a decent collection of dad rock records that he threw in the trash one day. Other than that I remember he used to be into Andrea Boccelli and that Pavaroti dude.

My mom listens exclusively to classical music on the one classical radio station. She was into Celine Dion since the 80s, and The Beatles back in the boomer days as well. I got her an ipod and filled it with classical music & other genres she might like and explained to her how it works but still she just listens to the radio.

She barely has an understand of any pop music past the 90s despite being an elementary school teacher up until a couple of years ago. She thinks that Michael Jackson is still what kids are into, but she knows about like Justin Bieber at least.

Also when I was trying to be hardcore and punk in the 90s and listened to Green Day, she thought that Green Day was just neat and would follow me around the house while playing "When I Come Around" on the guitar.
>>
>>68309834
oh and my parents don't know about musical taste, they're probably just grateful that I'm not blasting Linkin Park and Rage Against The machine on my boom box anymore
>>
>>68309869
Yeah my mom still thinks I like Green Day

I always tell her this hasn't been true since 2007 but she won't listen
>>
>>68309885
>>68309834
Green Day = Mom Punk?
>>
>>68308999
why would your dad being a faggot excite you?
>>
>>68310022
Oh boy, you sure burned me
I will reform my musical tastes
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>68303507
My dad listens to everything. He's a 56 year old white dude who only likes Neil Young's punk phase and will talk to me for hours about the scene coming out of San Francisco and San Diego in the 80s. He also loves jazz. And soul. He's a Parliament guy. I like alternative rap and hip hop not necessarily mainly but because of him I've branched out in a lot of directions in discovering new music. He think's rap entirely is shit and is sellout industry garbage stealing from Jamaican toasting

He's also a rock hound and makes jewelry. Not pertaining to music but pic related anyway
>>
My dad loves most of the music I play he especially likes the doom metal and psychedelic rock I play but he hates all the hip hop I listen to. MY mom likes OM
>>
I play in a post hardcore band (think drive like jehu meets converge/botch) and listen to stuff in the same vein along with some post punk, post rock, sludge, noise rock, etc.. Neither of my parents enjoy the music I make or listen to but they respect it and support me which is cool.

My dad used to play flute (before arthritis crippled his hands) and listens to jazz (rippingtons, four play, David Sanborn) and bluegrass (Alison Krause, nickel creek, Ralph Stanley, Ricky skaggs). I like some modern bluegrass/alt country/indie folk like OCMS, Jason isbell, and hound mouth so I can usually get down to whatever he's listening to. My mom actually really likes the national, interpol, Mac demarco, and hound mouth so we have a bit more in common as far as music goes.

>tfw your upper middle class WASP-y parents are actually pretty cool.
>>
File: 1475841485914.jpg (43KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
1475841485914.jpg
43KB, 640x656px
My parents are gen x, not baby boomers so I got my.diverse taste in music from them
My dad was a big ska/punk/hardcore/rockabilly kinda guy and introduced me.to what we today call golden era hip hop and my mom was a big postpunk, cure-esque Bauhaus kinda person but also loved like eek a mouse type shit

Probably the only good things I inherited from my parents were their musical tastes cause literally everything else about them sucks dick

My dad thinks my taste in hardcore is too much and were trying to outdo his generation... he thinks black flag is the pinnacle hardcore

My mom can't stand mumble rap and says it's not true hip hop despite me.telling her nobody listens to it for the message we listen to it to get high to and fuck hoes

Also as a bonus enjoy this vocsroo I just recorded out of boredom
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jzZOBDsvij
>>
>>68310412
Original bluegrass is so much better than modern "bluegrass" you mean country rock with harmonica?
>>
File: 14759022699561879131872.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14759022699561879131872.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
My mom hates any form of folk I listen to but I listen to 70s and 80s rock which she's majorly into. She especially loves Ozzy. This is all the Ozzy CDs I got from her.
>>
my dad likes it, my mom doesn't

my mom's not really a big music person so no opinion on her taste

i really like my dad's college days taste (got into rem through raiding his college cd collection), but not a fan of what he listens to now
>>
Just think I'm a drug addict.
They've listened to Headhunters, The Mollusk, and Ok Computer on my recommendation and asked if everything is ok with me. Fucking plebs man.
>>
My mom digs my shoegaze, she hates radiohead
She's a good friend
My dad listens to 40's standards of all things,
I don't share my music with him
Mom got me into: The Beatles, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Hendrix, The Eagles, etc.
>>
>>68310093
your dad's pretty cool, anon

do you wanna fuck?
>>
File: 1475845404635.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1475845404635.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>68303590
>>68303900
>>68304396

>NoRmAl pEoPlE ssssCArE mE
>>
My mom really had all the taste
Dad is a nazi rockabilly

Raised me on:
>nirvana
>pearl jam
>concrete blonde
>siouxsie sioux
>depeche mode
>abba
>fleetweed
>etc.

Having pretty decent exposure to everything I discovered everything they disapproved of especially hip hop as both my parents are racist to the core although my mom was always more openminded. Grandparents don't listen to music.

Named after a Cure song
>>
Every time I try to share music with my parents that I think they might like for being similar to what they already like, they don't like it.

I don't really bother anymore. Not worth the effort if they're not going to give it a chance.
>>
File: I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>>68311512
Feeling this bro
>>
>>68303507
My dad says his favorite bands are Grand Funk Railroad, Canned Heat and CCR. But he really never listens to music aside from whatever is on the classic rock station.

My mom just listens to modern Country pop, once again whatever is on the radio. She also says she used to be really into John Denver and Michael Jackson when she was younger. But she never listens to them.

Basically they're plebs.

As for what they think of my taste they don't really pay much attention. I played a bunch of music on a road trip once and I think I maybe got one "oooh who's this?" from my mom when I played a Neil Young song. Oh and my dad called The Replacements and The Pixies "shit" at one point. That's about all I can remember.
>>
they already got used my music so they don't usually make comments anymore
my father likes when I play music he knows. his taste is ok.
my mom doesn't like music
>>
Parents probably think I'm pretentious when it comes to music. I am, in relation to normies, but only because I actually seek out new shit instead of listening to whatever the radio shovels down my throat

Dad likes whatever his new wife listens to. Mostly shitty alt rock. Used to like funk, tho

Mom was a goth in college. Likes The Cure, U2, and a bunch of pop garbage
>>
My mother likes almost everything. In my opinion that can mean either in the pleb way where you can zone out to anything or the patrician way where you have a wide taste for music. Mom is in the pleb way. Almost all the music i play for her she likes. But mostly she listens to Australian rock, some of which i like. She also has this mentality that her taste in music is most respectable out of everyone, and will always attribute you not liking her music to you being too "immature" or some bullshit like that.
Dad hardly likes any of the music i like. Right now he's in the living room listening to extremely shitty commercial dubstep. He enjoys stuff like that, and bands like New Order, The Cure, The The, etc. He's not very open minded and turns his nose up at anything slightly out of what he considers to be the ordinary.
>>
They think its all shit because I listen to metal, 90s gangster rap, and drill/trap. If they talked to me more about music they'd be cool with the outlaw country an cheep trick I like.
>>
>>68312263
Oh yeah and I got my mom hooked on Sleep's Holy Mountain for a bit.
>>
>>68303507
My Dad appreciates the quality of the music I like but doesn't get it. My Mom doesn't care about music.

My Dad's taste is ok, typical college rock with some hardcore, industrial rock and garage.
>>
>>68309527
also this
>>
My dad tells me about seeing Captain Beefheart in concert and shows me obscure German techno from 70s/80s. He's pretty based. My mom was a opera singer for many years so she listens to Italian opera.
>>
Mom doesn't listen to music. It actually seems to piss her off. My dad likes soul train era disco and soul RnB, and things from out of the blue like N.E.R.D and Rammstein. Neither bother with what I listen to, and i gave up trying to impress the.
>>
>>68303507
They don't. I don't.
>>
their taste now sucks but the stuff they liked when they were younger is still pretty good. my mom was into new order, bronski beat, depeche mode, etc. my dad was into the dead kennedys, fugazi, that kind of thing. after i was born and got a little older, he got really into modest mouse, which shaped a lot of my music taste for a long time. also we started liking the smiths at 15 because apparently turning 15 & suddenly becoming an emo shit runs in the family
>>
>listening to some classical
>Dad tells me to "change that faggy shit"

It pisses me off just how much shit taste my parents have.
Mom is into a lot of classic rock and tons of rap
Dad is into whatever is on the radio.
>>
>>68305197
>dad likes mom metal
This has to be bait
>>
My dad isn't interested in me and my mom can't let go of the idea that her child is growing up and it makes her sad so she still thinks I love Marilyn Manson and MCR like I did when I was 12.
>>
>>68303507
Dad likes Metallica (that's basically everything he listens to), and my mom likes country.

My mom once said to a friend of hers I like "smart people music"
>>
They don't really give a shit, and listen to mostly spic shit. Can't be helped, we're latin americans.
>>
Next question: What kind of taste do you think your children will have?
What do you think they'll think of your taste?

oh wait
>/mu/
>having children
lmao
>>
My dad really got into King Gizzard because of me. My mom and I enjoy Sufjan.
>>
Both of my parents are music purists and think anything with a drum machine and synth is automatically trash and love to tell me how trash it is because i listen to it.
They also hate rap.
They dont understand ambient or modern pop music.

My dad sucks dad rocks dick and is an annoying cunt when it comes to even discussing music.
>>
>>68303507
When I was a teenager, I listened to nothing but Frank Zappa and Cardiacs. Needless to say, they hated it.

My dad likes dadrock, which I don't mind.
My mom likes 70s and 80s alternative, which I really like.
>>
>>68303507
My father loves metal.
My mother like rock(Led Zeppelin,Beatles,REM,etc)

Thats why i love them.
>>
Dad:
Johnny Cash
Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Primus
Pink Floyd
Nirvana
The Black Keys

Mom:
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sublime
some 90's rap

A few years ago when I first started really exploring music my mom walked in on the first track of Embryonic and asked if it was even music, so I knew then and there to simply avoid musically approaching her. They both don't really explore much anymore but my Dad will hear things I play and take them from my digital library. Such bands include Ween, Radiohead, Slint, MGMT and Ratatat.
>>
My mom listens to classical music and certain movie soundtracks like The Lord of the Rings (She's a huge LOTR fan) There's some occasional Beatles mixed in because she loved them when she was growing up. My dad basically likes typical stuff he grew up with in the 60s and 70s like The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc though he doesn't listen to music much. Never ever talk to my dad about music. Don't talk to him about much at all to be honest. They're divorced so I see my mom more than my dad. The only time I've ever "talked" to my mom about music was telling her I was going to a concert. She would ask who I was seeing and where it was and that was the end of the conversation basically because she never knew the artist.
>>
wow, I thought my mom was a rare case. but it seems most of them don't care about music at all.
>>
>>68303507
My mom likes most of the music I listen to except some metal
We have pretty compatible taste
>>
>>68303507
My dad likes shoegaze like phantogram, as well as shit like the Piano Guys. My mom doesn't like music, and neither like most of my music at all.
>>
>>68311181
did you actually recommend them an album that contains a song called waving my dick in the wind
>>
My mom only listens to David Bowie. I've shown her some of the more accessible stuff I like and she kinda liked it.
My dad likes metal a lot and we sometimes talk about it.
>>
File: 1457141702068.png (172KB, 260x354px) Image search: [Google]
1457141702068.png
172KB, 260x354px
took my mom to see Raime and Sunn and she liked both
i gotta cool mom
>>
>>68303507
My dad liked a lot of jazz, big band and folk music. Mother wasn't really into music, though she used to listen to The Beatles.

My children probably listen to Death Grips and all the cool stuff cool kids listen to today. Yes, I'm married. Don't ask me why a 48 years old man is posting on 4chan.
>>
My dad once asked me to go to the residents show with him which is pretty cool. He doesn't like rap but tolerates it when i play it. The goslings is the only band i've played to him that he said was shit, which is kinda strange coming from a man who listens to the residents but maybe it's the noisy distortion or something.
He absolutely loves Devo too and was responsible for my teenage punk phase when he showed me dead kennedys.
My mom likes butt metal.
>>
>>68303507
Thanks for remind me that my father are kill.
>>
>>68305197
b-but evanescence isn't actually metal, anon
>>
>>68318115
He died to get away from you.
>>
>>68318192
>Im underage (inb4 GET OUT REEEE)

enjoy your ban
>>
>>68318192
reported
>>
>>68304336
/thread/
>>
File: Screenshot (55).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (55).png
1MB, 1366x768px
My parents always never really cared about the music I liked (Besides my dads snarky opinion for each pop record) we have a few bands we both enjoy though

Mom's is a 6/10 pop rock
>mompop
Dad's is a 8/10 classic rock
>dad rock
>>
>>68303507
My parents were born in 1948 and 1949 but instead of being Pink Floyd fans they listen to shit chanson française and old jazz.
>>
>>68303507
I dont know their honest opinons of my music but they always call it nigger music no matter what genre it is, despite them listening to music mostly made by black people themselves.
>>
my mom likes nick drake, mostly country, folk music, and top 40, but she has specific top 40 tastes, she doesn't like anything that has been played hundreds of times like Ride by 21 pilots

My dad doesn't listen to anything.
>>
Dad listens to 80s punk/alternative like The Smiths, R.E.M., The Smithereens, Gang of Four, XTC, Ramones, etc.

Mom listens to MJ, Prince, some Bowie, and stuff like Michael Bublé and Chris Isaak
>>
>>68303507
My father hates it, my mother doesn't like, but doesn't bother complaining. Both, my father and mother have terrible taste in music, they listen to turbo folk garbage.
>>
>>68303507
I listen to older bands in the car with my bad, like Led Zep and Pink Floyd and other dadrock
My mom only listens to pop music.
Mostly I keep my taste on the down low and they know I listen to some weird shit but they've never actually heard any /mu/core; god forbid they stumble upon it one day through me
>>
my mom won't listen to a single thing i like, only liking radio shit and house

my dad on the other hands likes all my stuff except for post-rock, his favorite bands are dinosaur jr. sonic youth and qotsa and the first two are also two of my favorite bands
>>
>>68304833
I like your mom, im going to become your new dad
>>
Mom listens to 'country' and Christian Rock. She absolutely hates the country, punk and other stuffI listen to. Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams are 'old people' music. She also likes Donna Summer.

Dad introduced me to Marty Robbins and the traditional style of folk & country when I was very young. He listens to a lot of pop country and dad rock, hates jazz, punk and rap. Always used to bitch about me playing Iggy Pop in the car.
>>
>>68308531
*CRAWWWWWWWLING IN MYYY SKIIIIIIIIN*
>>
>>68311042
Ozzy's solo stuff sucks so much. I like 70s music but Ozzy's just so bland
>>
>>68320349
>My dad doesn't listen to anything.
TRUE PATRICIAN
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.