[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /mu/ consensus on these headphones? Are they patrician?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: AKG Q701.jpg (19KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
AKG Q701.jpg
19KB, 500x242px
What is the /mu/ consensus on these headphones? Are they patrician? All the reviews I've seen online consist of nothing but praise.

Would you recommend them to a headphones newfag?
>>
>>68302234
it's gay
>>
I've had a pair of HD600s for over 15 years, if you want a good sounding pair that will last a long time, check out those
>>
File: 1482337316766709541.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482337316766709541.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
>>68302304
Explain.
>>
there is a lot of competition in that "low end of the high end" price range
in the end audiophile headphones are mostly down to personal preference
try them at a shop and compare them against the HD600 or the DT880
I like my HD600s, they're really comfortable once broken in and crisp and detailed without being too hard on the ears
>>
>>68302518
this review is also kind of critical if I remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkvWzCXY6tI
>>
>>68302234
I own them, they're tight AF
>>
>>68302382
i agree. some people might think they lack bass, but i like them
>>
>>68302572
Nice!
If I were to get this, what accompanying hardware would I need? I've heard people talk about "amps" and "DACs," but I have neither one and they sound like they'd be a hassle to install.
>>
>>68302760
If you're listening off an ipod or computer something you'll need a headphone amp. I just use them for vinyl listening during dorm quiet hours, so I run em through my hifi amp.
>>
>>68302760
you'll need an amp, a dac isn't necessary though
have you heard them in person? what makes you think they're the right headphones?
>>
>>68302760
I think they're a bit unwarranted personally, I've found realtek onboard desktop motherboards can drive headphones just fine for me, laptops have been hit and miss, some are weak, some are fine.

Ask yourself these questions with the current setup before spending money.

Can my setup play my headphones as loud as I would like it to?
Can I hear distortion at that level?
Does the bass roll off as it gets louder?
>>
>>68302935
Alright. I solely listen through my desktop, so I guess I'll need an amp.

>>68302965
I haven't heard them in person, but all the reviews I've read are absolutely glowing. The bass is neither overemphasized nor is it underemphasized. It is open-backed. It is detailed. Not to mention, it's right in my price range.
Where would you recommend I go to hear it in person?

>>68303015
>Can my setup play my headphones as loud as I would like it to?
Yes, absolutely. I usually play my headphones at relatively low-medium levels, anything else is too loud or too quiet.
>Can I hear distortion at that level?
Not in the slightest. It helps that my ears are not amazing.
>Does the bass roll off as it gets louder?
What do you mean, roll off?
>>
The best pair of headphones I ever heard and briefly owned are the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. I think they retail for $160 or so. I've been using the Shure SRH-440 for about the past year. They retail for around $100 and do a pretty good job. I got the pair for super cheap, otherwise I would have bought the ATH-M50.
>>
>>68303156
>guess I'll need an amp
DESU check out ebay for old hifi amps. I have a pioneer SX550 that's probably worth less than $100 and it's the tits
>>
>>68303156
>Where would you recommend I go to hear it in person?
a headphone shop. search for ones near you.
>I usually play my headphones at relatively low-medium levels, anything else is too loud or too quiet.
When listening on my old, cheap headphones I usually did it on 20-40% volume. Now with my HD600 I have to use 80-100% and some stuff is still a little too quiet for my liking. Currently searching for an amp.
Also remember that a lot of headphones get glowing reviews online. This doesn't mean that you personally will like them. (the Q701s might get harsh and sybilant with shitty files and no amp)
>>
>>68303265
this guy gets it
i have Audio ATH-AD700X and holy shit are they comfy with crisp sound
>>
>>68303265
these are so overhyped, especially since the M40x are cheaper and it's debatable which one is better
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>>68303600
>>68303725
>>
>>68303725
I'm not sure if they're the same as the 'X' version but I once owned the standard M40s and they were terrible. Very sterile and just completely unmusical. Maybe they're good for monitoring but I wanted a pair of quality headphones for actually listening to and appreciating music. I returned them and got AKG K240s and they were a sound improvement. I now have a pair of Fidelio X2s and they're the absolute dog's swingers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.