[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the happiest Radiohead album? Saddest? Weirdest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

What's the happiest Radiohead album? Saddest? Weirdest? Worst? Best?
>>
Happiest: TKOL
Saddest: In Rainbows
Weirdest: Kid A
Worst: Pablo Honey
Best: amnesiac
>>
Happiest: The Bends
Saddest: AMSP
Best: In Rainbows
>>
>>68302024
You really think TKOL is happiest? I always saw Pablo Honey or The Bends as happiest
>>
File: IMG_4004.png (66KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4004.png
66KB, 300x253px
>>68302125
>The Bends
>Happiest
>>
>>68302024
/thread
>>
>>68302121
>Happiest: The Bends
>Saddest: AMSP

what lmao
>>
>>68301666
>Happiest: Kid A
>Saddest: In Rainbows
>Weirdest: Amnesiac or The King of Limbs
>Worst: Pablo Honey
>Best: Kid A
>>
can't we just admit radiohead doesn't write happy sounding albums

Even so Kid A has to hit that label if any, with "Everything in it's right place" and "Optimistic"
>>
>>68301666
happiest: Kid A
saddest: The Bends
weirdest: TKOL
worst: In Rainbows
best: The Bends
>>
>Happiest: Kid A

what the fuck is this meme? it's literally an album about either the creation of the first clone or a nuclear goddamn war, theres nothing to be had there except pure grade cold electronic misery
>>
Saddest: The Bends
>>
>>68302466
Objectively wrong about the nuclear war meme
>>
>>68302466
the only ones I'm familiar with are Kid A, Bends and OK Computer and I listen to those on the daily. I don't think radiohead has a happy album and that fact has derailed the thread.
>>
>>68302466
I never paid much attention to the lyrics, I find the music profoundly peaceful though
>>
>>68301666
Every Radiohead album has that same subtle, slightly unsettling atmosphere. That has always been their shtick.
>>
>>68302466
the least whiny album Thom has made
>>
>>68302523
>hasn't heard most of their albums
>claims to know "facts" about their discography
>>
>everyone listing Kid A as weirdest instead of Amnesiac

fuck is wrong with you all
>>
>>68301666
Happiest:None.
Saddest:Amensiac.
Weirdest:Kid A.
Worst:None.
Best:Ok Computer.
>>
>>68302423
>being this wrong
>>
>>68302615
Kid A came first for a lot of people
>>
happiest: n/a. even if you could list an album, it'd only be marginally happier than the others
saddest: amsp, possibly kid a
weirdest: kid a/amnesiac/tkol
worst: pablo honey
best: in rainbows
>>
>>68301666

Happiest: this is obviously a flawed question, but ok computer
Saddest: A Moon Shaped Pool
Weirdest: Amnesiac
Worst: HTTT

shit on me all you want, you know im right
>>
>>68302876
amnesiac is much fucking weirder though, the question wasnt "which weird radiohead album came first"
>>
>>68302900
brofist
>>
>>68302972
Kid A was incredibly weird because it came from OK Computer. Amnesiac is less strange coming from Kid A. Not everyone can view everything in a vacuum.
>>
>>68302951
Idk how Ok Computer could be considered happiest. To me it's always given off a cold feeling of having a sadness or gloom hovering over your head but you keep moving on, even though you don't want to. This constant icy layer coating over your happiness.
>>
>>68302024
fourD at it again posting what I'm thinking haha
>>
File: 1469384095969.png (229KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1469384095969.png
229KB, 457x457px
>>68302024
>Saddest: In Rainbows
>>
>>68303010

The whole point is looking at them in a vacuum. It's asking what's the weirdest album, not what's the album that juxtaposes the album before it the most.
>>
Happiest: IR, it has elements of happy and sad tho
Saddest: Kid A, anyone who thinks this shit is happy has clearly not listened to the lyrics, especially in Motion Picture Soundtrack
Worst: obviously Pablo Honey but out of their actually good works it's the Bends
Best: IR is best overall, Kid A has their best moments
>>
>>68303544
If you didn't juxtapose other albums, even from other bands you'd have a retarded view of musical history. It'd be ridiculous to ask anyone to do that.
>>
>>68303591

I'm not saying don't juxtapose them. I'm saying OP is asking what's their weirdest album, not what's the weirdest transition in between albums.
>>
>>68302900

This is the best post
>>
>>68302900
TAYNE? Now this is something I can get into!
>>
Happiest: Pablo Honey
Saddest: Kid A
Weirdest: Amnesaic
Worst: Pablo Honey or TKOL
Best: Kid A
>>
>>68303021
Yeah its cold and despondent. To me that numbness makes it "happiest." all other albums have more life and ferocity behind them, even in rainbows is more agitated and worked up. Ok comouter is kind of an apathetic cry but nothing more. Very existential
>>
Spiciest: Pablo
Kinkiest: In Rainbows
Rudest: Amnesiac
Most Likely To Succeed: Kidda
Trap Influenciest Beats: Moon Pool
>>
Saddest: AMSP
Best: HTTT
>>
>>68301666
>Happiest
The King of Limbs
>Saddest
A Moon Shaped Pool
>Weirdest
Amnesiac
>Worst
Pablo Honey
>Best
Kid A
>>
>>68303453
desu it's the most relatable Radiohead album so he's right
>>
>>68302024
Once again the infamous first post /thread
>>
>>68301666
Happiest: The King Of Limbs

Saddest: Kid A

Best: OK Computer
>>
>>68301666
Happiest: In Rainbows (if you ignore Videotape)
Saddest: A Moon Shaped Pool
Weirdest: Kid A/Amnesiac
Best: OK Computer
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.