[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Talk to blacks about rap music >They have no trouble admitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: paradigm shift.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
paradigm shift.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>Talk to blacks about rap music
>They have no trouble admitting Eminem is in the top 5 or even their favorite rapper

>Talk to whites about rap music
>Try their best to never bring up Eminem, or worse, say he's bad

What's the problem here?

Are whites into rap music ashamed of being white or something and can't even admit whites are good at it?
>>
>>68300383
whites are good at it, just not eminem
>>
>>68300383
There is no way Eminem is top 5 though. He's talented, but nowhere near that level, plus his bad stuff outweighs his good stuff at this point.
>>
>>68300383
If I was asked my favorite rappers I'd probably say El-P, Aesop Rock and Vordul Mega, which is to say I would avoid being asked
>>
el-p's pre-rtj shit >>> anything eminem has ever done
>>
>>68300383
Blacks listen to mainstream rap, whites listen to good rap. That's the difference.
>>
>>68300383
Your black friends have a terrible taste in music.

Eminem is a popular pop artist, but he's nowhere near the top of being one of the best rappers.
>>
>>68300383
white people generally get into it later in adolescence than black people so there's a certain degree of cultural capital to be found in rejecting "Backpacker Shit" like eminem
all you need to find a wigger on /mu/ is look for OTT young thug worship and even more OTT shitting on j cole/logic/et al
>>
File: IMG_4115.png (1MB, 1884x1525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4115.png
1MB, 1884x1525px
>>
>>68300562
>a bunch of shit rappers have shit opinions
who would have thought
>>
>>68300607
3/8 of them are shit famerica
>>
>>68300562
>Drake

As a Canadian, it's still amazing to me that this suburban half-Jew child actor celebrity is suddenly this BeSt RaPpEr oF AlL tImE!!! who started from the bottom and was all him.
>>
>>68300460
Naw late 90s Eminem is some of the rawest hip hop out. You should listen to a track like Low Down Dirty. It's as raw and underground as hip hop can get. Eminem just has so much authenticity on that track in the same way that a Notorious BIG track is authentic; he's lived through pain and some pretty terrible bullshit and is using hip hop as a vehicle of self expression. True art if you ask me.
>>
>>68300383
>talk to another black person
>he hates eminem

>talk to another white person
>literally the only thing he listens to is eminem

Don't post Sam and be a fucking retard at the same time please
>>
>>68300737
Not him, and what you're saying is true, but I feel like Eminem has been coasting on his 90s achievements for the better part of two decades now. People forget that he's now a middle aged man who write pops songs and rubs elbows with the likes of Justin Bieber.
>>
>>68300562
lmao
that's great
>>
>>68300383

yeah ive actually noticed this too its pretty funny.
>>
>>68300383
which whites did you talk to?
most white people think that eminem is one of the few good rappers
>>
>>68300806
MMLP2 was IMO the truest Eminem we've seen in a while. Besides the radio hits, tracks like Bad Guy, Evil Twin, etc. is raw hip hop, and pure skill.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>68300383
em is like simpsons
>>
>>68300383
You mean you talked to actual hip hop heads and white kids in their basement?
Most normies love Eminem
>>
you realize that everyone has their own taste? I don't think people here think he's bad at rapping. I just don't really fuck with the type of music he makes, at some point I will listen to everything he made tho just to understand it
>>68300562
that pic is stupid, old earl sweatshirt music was as edgy as eminem and they probably share a good number of fans
>>
>>68300437
>his bad stuff outweighs his good stuff at this point
I don't think so, he's almost never had a verse where I thought "oh wow, that was shit", and that's what we're talking about. sure most of his songs are bad, with bad choruses and bad beats, but his raps are undeniably GOAT, or at least up there with the GOAT
>>
If Eminem were black his fame would be at the level of Tech N9ne.

They both appeal to edgy white suburban teenage boys. Em just makes the more racist amongst them more comfortable.
>>
>>68300703
that can only mean one thing
>>
>Best people in a shit heap of a genre
Really made me think OP.
>>
>>68300562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrm008YJpI
>>
>>68300562
mfw i am literally 15-24 year old white male on 4chan with those views
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.