[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“The intention was to make something that was classic, something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Blackparadecover.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blackparadecover.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
“The intention was to make something that was classic, something timeless,” explained guitarist Ray Toro. “Something that 20 or 30 years from now, parents could play for their kids and say, “This is what I was listening to when I was your age. Check it out, it’s still fucking cool.’ We wanted to make a record you could pass down. There’s a lot of music out now that doesn’t feel like that.” - Gerard Way

did he succeed?
>>
>>68296898
yes, my dog is now emo
>>
>>68296898
>“Something that 20 or 30 years from now, parents could play for their kids and say, “This is what I was listening to when I was your age. Check it out, it’s still fucking cool.’

regardless of if it's really a "classic" (no) this will absolutely happen, so I guess yeah he did succeed
>>
>>68296898
I can see myself playing Black Parade to my son in the future.
But, overall, no.
>>
FUCK no, nothing exists like that, in that it can actually bridge the generational gap between actual fans of music and not people who just like their dads stuff
>>
>>68297458
what are you talking about? Yes they do
>>
>>68296898

>Parents could play for their kids
>Parents

What a delusional faggot you are, Gerard Way.
>>
>>68297458
>actual fans of music

Spotted the dad rocker
>>
>>68296898
no
>>
>>68297458
This isn't just autism... This is ADVANCED autism
>>
I will show my children GG Allen before i show them MCR
>>
>>68297489
like what?
>>68297519
I'm literally arguing from the other side, I'm saying that people naturally gravitate the music they grew up with and dad rockers aren't people who actually care about music
>>
Faggy emo teens probably became the sjw of today, the ones that would rather have pets than kids , so i guess they fucked it up there
>>
>>68296898
lmao no
>>
Im pretty open minded. Its a fun album that probably won't be forgotten right away
>>
>>68296898
It's an album that's still pretty fondly remembered 10 years later, the second-to-last album of a band that was doing Art Punk before any of their contemporaries. Mix a lil Queen, some David Bowie, and some modern pop-punk and you get a solid concept album. It's going to continue to age well.
>>
>>68296898
It's a good album to hear when you're young. A good entry to into concept albums. Sure, I think they pulled it off. I teach at a middle school and the fact that several kids love MCR despite the fact that they haven't released an album since these kids were like 6 shows that the band is somewhat timeless with youth.
>>
>>68297890
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>68297890
they became hipsters/indie trash, they all listen to mac demarco now
>>
>>68297863
But a lot of dad rockers are listening to the music they grew up with because they secluded themselves from modern music.
>>
>>68296898
For sure. Not everyone who was a teenager in the mid 2000s was listening to "emo", but those who were definitely passed through MCR at one point or another and The Black Parade is by far their most accessible album.

I personally don't think it's their best album, but it's definitely the most accessible that'll be the one that makes the core of dad rock about 10-15 years from now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.