[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/noise/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: N4UmJte.jpg (160KB, 1425x1419px) Image search: [Google]
N4UmJte.jpg
160KB, 1425x1419px
Been a long time since I checked out what's going on in this place. Are these threads still going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhFW0V1TxVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVjykw4G84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSew1gqlj_A

I've been way into those dirty decayed lo-fi vibes lately.
Shit that sounds like it was made on equipment that was falling apart as it was being used, shit that feels out of place on anything other than cassette.
So please hook me up with some more.
>>
>>68294642
The threads are essentially shitposting central now, run while you can.

The only gritty noise i can think off of the top of my head is Myth of Blood & Streetmeat / Fakalien. Both should be in the archive.
>>
File: Male Rape Group - On To 83.jpg (68KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
Male Rape Group - On To 83.jpg
68KB, 459x500px
>>68294642
/noise/ is dead, long live /noise/

This should be what you're looking for
>>
>>68294919
>The threads are essentially shitposting central now, run while you can.

That's pretty unfortunate to hear.

>Myth of Blood

Good call, though I've heard that one.
Pretty solid album albeit I was much more into the Sacrosanct Imperium tape that he put out around the same time. Now that tape was the exact sort of dirt-encrusted rough noise/industrial that I'm looking for.

>Streetmeat / Fakalien

Digging the aesthetic. I'll check it out.

>>68294943
Pretty familiar with Broken Flag, I'm afraid.
>>
>>68295103
Fwiw, there are odd threads such as this that start off promising. People just fall for bait too easily.
Do you happen to have any favs from this year? I'm making a small backlog of 2016 stuff i should check out & its woefully tiny. This goes out to you too >>68294943
>>
File: Striations - To Know Mercy.jpg (159KB, 462x640px) Image search: [Google]
Striations - To Know Mercy.jpg
159KB, 462x640px
>>68295103
yeah I had a feeling
just finished listening to this, it has a pretty grimy atmosphere about it that you might dig
>>
File: 159229.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
159229.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
got any of them sweet blackened noise recs?
>>
This general again? Don't make me release another album to troll you faggots.
>>
>>68295126
Well I really liked the new FFH tape that came out earlier this year. along with the Thirdorgan and K2 tapes that were put out on Trapdoor.
I'd have to say my pick of the year would be the Empty DNA full length though, that's a real gem
>>
>>68295126
>Do you happen to have any favs from this year?

It's pretty funny but some of my favorite stuff to come out this year was recorded ages ago. Talking specifically about the Flutter and Skin Crime compilations that Hospital put out and the Shallow Waters album that hit Bandcamp early this year.

Other than that, I've been very into most of the stuff that came out of the Filth & Violence camp, especially the SSRI and Otis In The Woods CDs.
The new Puce Mary tape that I posted a track from in the OP is also excellent and is, the same as as Grunt, a lot more rewarding for me than the more prominent full length album to which it is supposed to serve as a supplement.

>>68295127
>Striations

I really need to check that guy out already. I've been hearing praise for what he's doing for years now but for some reason I still haven't actually looked more into his stuff.
>>
>>68295145
hi johnny
>>
>>68295214
>Empty DNA

That's Connelly's new solo project, isn't it? Another thing I'm way behind on checking out.
Did you hear about Hair Police working on new material? They're supposedly planning on putting out a new album next year. Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>68295568
Sure is, it's good stuff. I'm really glad that Gods of Tundra is active again after years of laying dormant.
I did see that Hair Police have put their back catalogue up on Bandcamp, as well as having reissued Mercurial Rites on cassette but I didn't know they were working on new material, that'll be really good to hear.
>>
>>68295620
>I didn't know they were working on new material

Beatty talked about it on Twitter some time ago.
I honestly thought the band was finished, what with Connelly focusing on Clay Rendering and Beatty's art career and stuff.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/untitled-2

>harsh noise
>>
File: Capture+_2016-10-06-09-06-42.jpg (14KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-06-09-06-42.jpg
14KB, 211x211px
does anyone wanna make a joke ep mixing alex jones with PE
>>
>>68297011
hey I was going to do that
then I remembered I don't own any power tools
>>
Whats /noise/'s favorite Merzbow release? Mines flare gun
>>
>>68297387
I haven't listened to all of his stuff yet but I liked venerology
>>
Skin Graft - Drown in Deep Water

pretty accessible this is what got me into noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va94jeyTc1Q
>>
>>68297387
Spiral honey atm the min. and his live in russia release.

Saw merzbow last week, was so tight.

unrelated, been getting into iron fist of the sun recently. Any one got recs for similar stuff?
>>
>>68298083
I forgot all about spiral honey, that was a good album. There are so many Merzbow albums that could be considered good, in fact all of them are. There are just so many.
>>
>>68294919
/noise/ will never die
>>
File: R-8410350-1461070327-3674.png.jpg (116KB, 412x612px) Image search: [Google]
R-8410350-1461070327-3674.png.jpg
116KB, 412x612px
Waddup /noise/.
What are some of your 2016 favorites so far?
Been digging this Thirdorgan release a lot.
>>
Alright guys I need some help. There was a noise track I heard years ago. I think it had helicopters in it, but very distorted. I can't remember anything else except that it kept building in intensity. If anyone can think of what I'm talking about I would be very grateful
>>
>>68299155
breakdancing ronald reagan?
>>
>>68295501
Is the Skin Crime comp in the archive?
>>
>>68299581
It should be
>>
>>68299877
Cool, I'll check it out. I'm not familiar with their sound, what would you liken them to?
>>
>>68299988
Brutally harsh with such a dense amount of layers. Kind of a cookie cutter description but I've always had a tough time describing the sound artists have. Mad dynamic range though, a truly stellar retrospective.
>>
>>68295133
Wold: Postsocial
>>
File: 1472337565560.jpg (270KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472337565560.jpg
270KB, 706x1024px
>>68302028

:)
>>
>>68300973
what the fuck this is just sound from CP
is it legal to listen to this?
>>
File: a0524684594_2.jpg (11KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
a0524684594_2.jpg
11KB, 350x350px
I listened to some new Merzbow albums recently.

>An Untroublesome Defencelessness

This one was quite interesting. I love it when there is drumming involved in noise.

>Cuts of Guilt, Cuts Deeper

Like in this one. Although Balasz Pandi seems musically always a bit disconnected when playing with Merzbow. It's become better in recent years, though.

>Amalgamelody

Wew, this one was more than alright. I always love to hear when to great musicians collaborate. I think this is the first time Bianchi and Akita collaborated but I might be mistaken. The album worked pretty well. Reminds me I should also get the new MB releases since I haven't kept up with them.

Also, I've been working on a noise album after years of not having released one. It feels good to be back. Making noise is fun and very relaxing.
>>
>>68300973
This is just disturbing, peter sotos made his album at least a little interesting, but this is just disgusting.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.