[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I kzap slap aristoclot, traffickers of permastock, then catwalk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (52KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
52KB, 319x319px
>I kzap slap aristoclot, traffickers of permastock, then catwalk backwards out of the box through holes in my dirty socks
>I'm a scarecrow dialect dispatch on that shit kommando mix matte moxy subwooferish junkie maxi mumbai lit
>I'm a feng shui like fuck's in that spliff impurified conduct ionosphere R. Mutt by product deluxe

What did he mean by this? Actual lyrics btw
>>
>he doesn't get it
kek
>>
>>68293209

He meant that anyone who listens to meme rap like Death Grips is a fucking retard.
>>
>>68293209
sage
>>
>>68293222
wtf i hate death grips now
>>
Bjork probably wrote the lyrics while meditating in the Icelandic wilderness under the influence of a concoction of powerful hallucinogenics.
>>
>I kzap slap aristoclot, traffickers of permastock

Ride conjuncts aristocrat and clot, creating a word for the higher classes that are clotting both music and society.

KZAP FM was a former rock radio station in Sacramento, Death Grips' city of origin. Ride compares the group’s music to what the station played. Both music sources share an intent to condemn popular and trite music in order to push messages and controversies needed to create societal equality.

>then catwalk backwards out of the box through holes in my dirty socks

Ride paints a contradicting picture of his poverty, since his gait is proud but he’s without monetary affluence. He also says that you can be proud and important even without money.

>I'm a scarecrow dialect dispatch on that shit kommando mix

A “scarecrow dialect” indicates that whatever Ride says will scare everyone away. “Kommando” refers to a basic unit of slave laborers during WWII in concentration camps who were forced to commit atrocities as it were.

Adding these two things together, whatever Ride says everyone’s natural reaction is to listen out of fear. And, to dig even deeper, this line may be directed at DG fans specifically. The themes and ideas presented in Ride’s lyrics are against not just societal norms but also typical moral and ethical behavior. We listen to Ride talk, (and scream), about some deplorable and frightening things, but we go along with it making us the “kommando mix.”

Note that “mix” could also be a verb, and Ride is the one who is in control of us.
>>
>matte moxy subwooferish junkie maxi mumbai lit

“Matte” could refer to a number of things. The general idea for all uses of the word is that you’re creating a uniform, continuous, dull appearance. Here’s an example of a matting effect done on acrylic nails:

“Moxy” means to have gall or a lot of nerve. This goes against the idea presented by “matte”, which is essentially representing blending in, making it seem like a contradiction.

“Subwooferish” could refer to the bass-heavy music Death Grips produces. But also it could be a way of describing Ride’s delivery. This song is particularly recognizable for not having a heavy usage of screaming vocals; Ride seems more subdued. Judging by the next few lines, it seems Ride is high, and it is common to portray stoners or just the experience of being stoned in general using a low-pitched voice.

>I'm a feng shui like fuck's in that spliff

Feng shui (风水) is the Chinese concept of harmonizing human life and existence with nature and your surroundings.

So he’s gonna harmonize his surroundings by getting really stoned.

>impurified conduct

On the surface Ride denotes his behavior as impure and therefore dirty. This may point at a lack of hygiene or what would otherwise be referred to as sinful.

Digging deeper, when distilled (purified), water cannot “conduct” electricity. Death Grips' sound is heavily electronic and noisy, so it stands to reason that Ride may be trying to imply that it’s he himself provides the electricity. Ride’s lyrics are indeed “shocking” to some. If not taken literally, Ride could also mean he gives the group life, a sentiment akin to the phrase “electricity in the air.”
>>
>ionosphere R. Mutt

Visual artist and writer Marcel Duchamp’s “Fountain” was work of art that, more or less, was meant to piss off the critics, and push boundaries in terms of what is “acceptable” as a work of art. He signed it “R. Mutt.”

“Ionosphere” refers to an upper part of Earth’s atmosphere. The ionosphere has an important role in the propagation of certain radio frequencies. Incorporating the reference to Duchamp, Ride could be calling himself a sort of outsider artist of the radio. Ride doesn’t care about what you think of him. He’s here to stay.

>by product deluxe

Ride might be referring to drugs when he says “product.” Through the apparently high-quality drugs that he buys (notice the play on words), he’s able to create the state of mind necessary to write his lyrics, which may explain why there’s a space between “by” and “product.”

Going off this notion, a “byproduct” is something that comes as a result of a larger process. Ride’s creativity and ideas about life and death in general are being portrayed as an incidental end result of Ride being the way he is. To him it is “deluxe” because he doesn’t feel any other artist contains the kind of earnestness that he has.
>>
>>68293280
>>68293286
>>68293290

thank you for sharing. your thoughts?
>>
>>68293322
idk lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.