[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He still thinks that Mr. Brightside is about a guy whose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: thatscute.jpg (28KB, 736x415px) Image search: [Google]
thatscute.jpg
28KB, 736x415px
>He still thinks that Mr. Brightside is about a guy whose girlfriend is cheating on him
>>
I do. What's it about?
>>
>>68290514

A man falls in love with a working girl. She has feelings for him. He tries to get her out of her lifestyle, but her pimp is always outplaying him. He has to be okay with it and move on because he has other things in his life to do, so he leaves... but he is haunted by the memory hence why he is writing the song.

Seriously watch the music video closely and tell me it's about a "cheating girlfriend".
>>
>>68290559
Lyrically, "Mr. Brightside" depicts the jealousy and paranoia of a man who suspects his significant other is cheating on him.

the video is a cash grab by some industry guys. the song was written mostly before the band existed.
>>
>>68290559
like seriously they even had a different video before they filmed that one.
>>
>>68290593

The song is generalized from a specific scenario to an easy to digest tune. The music video indicates what it is specifically about if you are paying attention.
>>
>>68290639
other way around guy
>>
>>68290695

The other way around doesn't make sense.
>>
i thought it was just a guy singing words that sounded cool
>>
I always thought it was about an ex girlfriend who the guy is no longer in contact with but still has feelings for.
So he's thinking about her, but the stuff he's thinking is just "all in his head" because he doesn't ACTUALLY know what she's up to.
Anyone else think this?
>>
>>68291277
I think rather than an ex girlfriend, it's someone new that he isn't even actually seeing properly yet
"It was only a kiss" but he "gotta be down" (can't help feeling depressed) "Because I want it all" (he wants to jump straight from kissing some broad he met to being in a committed relationship with her, and can't stand that she might be having flings with other people while she's still single and not dating him yet)
>>
>>68291406
that actually makes sense, i dont know why but ive never thought that it was only a kiss meant a kiss between him and the girl, i thought it was some other guy and the girl
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.