[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Needle Drop Reviews do you highly disagree with? htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
Which Needle Drop Reviews do you highly disagree with?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJL72EL-4U

Frankly I thought this was an overwhelming amount of praise for one of the most overinflated and bland trap albums of this year, especially with the fact he dislikes Young Thug. Their aesthetics are highly similar aside from Lil Yachty being somewhat intelligible.
>>
fuck off
>>
File: d4b.jpg (24KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
d4b.jpg
24KB, 800x449px
Clearly a bait review.
>>
File: IMG_3955.jpg (347KB, 900x940px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3955.jpg
347KB, 900x940px
Bottomless Pit

&

Sexy flying Wasps pts. 45 - 63
>>
The TPAB review.
He keeps mentioning how it isn't preachy but that's literally what the entire album is.

Wesley's Theory is the only good song on that album.
>>
>>68286083
His Salad Days review where he said its basically 2 again
>>
>>68286219
I frankly like the album but it's not 10-worthy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TQ5e75qx8

Easy
>>
>>68286083
The Desaparecidos one
Both of the AJJ ones
Kind of disagree with the modest mouse one, granted the album isn't as good as the earlier ones but I think it deserved at least a 7
>>
>>68286083
Oh also he was fucking RETARDED on the sufjan stevens C&L review.
>>
His newest Nicolas Jaar review was so terrible. Also, his AMSP review was garbage, the score was fine tho
>>
He did a John Frusciante review a few years back that I thought was laughable.
At one point he said they were some of John's worst singing in his career.
Why make a statement like that if you've clearly not listened to his entire work? He had an album where he was faced the whole time, screaming and would stop to to take hits from a bong.
If he honestly thinks, what at worst can be described as mediocre singing - at worst - is worse than that, then he has no idea what he's talking about.
But no, it's not that, it's just clear that he knew nothing about the mans work so he wrote it off because he expected a red hot chili pepper album and it's not what he got.
>>
>>68286219
>not preachy
How is it even remotely preachy?
>>
I disagreed with his tMG review but that's because I'm a huge tMG fanboy
>>
>>68286322
me too man that was a fucking joke. blankface has its flaws but its still q's best work by far
>>
>>68286524
i wouldnt say preachy, but its just all serious and boring. not something id give repeat listens. you're perfectly welcome to talk about those subjects, just make it a more exciting album for fucks sake
>>
his hatred of J cole
>>
>>68286083
Just going through some of his most popular videos, I think
TPAB is a 6 at best
TLoP is a 7
Yeezus is a 2
Blonde is a 5
NotM is a 10
Exmilitary is a 10
The Money Store is an 8
Blank face is a 7
Birds in the Trap is a 6
Currents is a 4
>>
>>68286596
So you don't think it's preachy, but you take issue with him saying it isn't preachy...
>>
>>68286599
I didn't realise he did. I don't get why everyone loves the guy and compares him to Kendrick. I see him as generic as fuck.
>>
>>68286618
>TPAB is a 6 at best
>TLoP is a 7
>Yeezus is a 2
>Blonde is a 5
>NotM is a 10
>Exmilitary is a 10
>The Money Store is an 8
>Blank face is a 7
>Birds in the Trap is a 6
>Currents is a 4
this is what shit taste looks like
>>
>>68286083

Terrible Reviews:

CLPPNG
BadBadnotGood 2 & IV
Matana Roberts - Coin Coin Ch. 1 & 2
Avalanches - Wildflower
Deakin - Sleep Cycles
Tim Hecker - Love Streams
Mac Demarco - Salad Days (2 and Another one were good reviews though)
Nicholas Jaar - Sirens

I actually really like the new Bon Iver, but I think his critiques were justified on the review.

I've always felt that way about Melon, I don't get triggered by his scores, I just get triggered by his content when the critiques are not justified or fully fleshed out
>>
>>68286596
>not turning up to Alright, For Free? and The Blacker the Berry

Faggot.
>>
>>68286666
Hey Anthony
>>
>>68286322
Eh, he makes some good points. Also it was really forgettable for me. I haven't cared to go back since I first listened.
>>
>>68286704
fourthony chantano
>>
>>68286669
>never listened to bon iver before
>its not pronounced bon eye ver
>mfw
>>
Who the fuck cares? It's the same fucking topics every day in here. Can you not come up with something new to discuss besides him and his opinion? He's one fucking person. Does his opinion matter that much to you?
>>
>>68286949
Melon pls go
>>
>>68286949
Yes
>>
>>68286083
It's a 3/10 album, at best. So much better rap out there than that Wendy's logo-looking faggot, Yachty.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEWru_PBRoc
Hurts every time
>>
>>68286970
What the fuck does that even mean fuckstain?
>>
/m/anthony /u/tanao.
>>
Government Plates.

IMO it's DG's best album with NotM (both 10/10s), while TMS is only a solid 8/10
>>
>>68286596
but the instrumentals are what make TPAB great
>>
>>68287099
I was going to post this. The production on that album is so good and the "edgy" lyrics help the really bleak atmosphere. A lot of it has a sci-fi feel that I really like. I was disappointed that he actively disliked it, because it deserved the popularity boost it would have gotten from a positive review.
>>
>>68287115
plsnothy bullytano
>>
All of his Animal Collective / AnCo side project reviews. He's panned every single one.

Fuck you, PBvsGR is not a 4.
>>
>>68287121
That one doesnt offend me, but I remember having GP on repeat when it came out, then saw the review and was confused that he found it so unremarkable
>>
>>68286083
>guy who's favorite genres are punk and stupid shit thinks he has a valid opinion on genres or artists he barely listens to
>>
>>68286599
J Cole is mediocre asf.
>>
i literally filtered the word f*ntano on /mu/ after he gave 22million a 5

im gonna filter needle drop too
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>no one posting the obvious one
>>
>MBDTF is a 9
>TPAB isn't a 10 (its a light 8 at best)
>(As much as I hate Tyler) Wolf is a 7
>BTI is an 8
>Atrocity is a 10
>Bad Neighbors is a light 7
>Blank Face is a light 8
>90059 is a light 8
>GO:OD AM is a 9
>J.cole reviews should've been lower
>>
>>68286083
All of his Mount Eerie reviews
>>
>>68287382
this one was dead on
>>
His review on V by wavves
>>
>>68287205
RIGHT‽ yet again p4k has not looked kindly upon anco lately either
>>
he gave AM a 3 the fucking melon
>>
his 'review' (dismissal) of early yung lean.
would much rather of had an actual review for yung lean's early stuff than the later album that actually got one
>>
>>68286626

>expecting logic from /pol/tards
>>
>>68286083
You sound dense
>>
>>68286219
I don't know about Wesley's theory being the only good song, but seconding the preachy bit. I'm tired of artist's trying to be neo-jesus. Gimme the Danny Browns of the world over the Kendrick Lamars any day.
>>
>>68286669
Don't you have an article about what some rapper said on twitter due? I told you not to browse /mu/ until after you get your work done.
>>
File: Krabs.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Krabs.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>68287419
>GOOD AM better than TPAB
>>
>>68287912
SHUT-UP MOM, YOU BITCH!!!

I told you to keep you're whore mouth shut and make me a fucking sandwich.
>>
SAUNA
A
U
N
A
>>
>>68286083
Any review of electronic music, he doesn't understand it at all
>>
>>68286949
yes
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
This is like an 8.5/10
>>
Why doesn't theneedledrop review
>Devin Townsend?
>>
File: 0149690346.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0149690346.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>68287419
>Atrocity is a 10
>>
His currents review is so bad. He literally praises the album and then just shits on it because he doesn't like the falsetto. (which admittedly is pretty bad live)
>>
>not giving every Gorillaz album a 10
>loves Death Grips for rapping about being a demented psychopath but hated on Burzum for being european
>putting that Trout Mask Replica review behind a paywall
>not giving Floral Shoppe a 7-9
>hating Dead Petz for the intro and final tracks
>not giving Speeding Bullet at least a 5
>meanwhile giving fuckin Life of Pablo 5/6
>>
>>68289816
you sound like a massive pleb
>>
>>68289501
I saw this in recommended and I wanted to see his opinion, but he talked such shit about this and only compared it to his biggest hits. The "le edgy" was fucking cringeworthy.
>>
>>68289858
Says the Nu-Kanye fan
>>
>>68289919
i dontevenlikekanye
>>
File: front.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Am I the only one that agrees with fantano about TPAB?
I everyone thinks an album is overrated is it really overrated?
>>
>>68286509
i'm guessing you're referring to the pbx and enclosure reviews...

>not liking the first couple frusciante albums

I hate to say it but i feel like his music is really something you have to "get". like if you haven't been depressed and done the drugs and been in that head space it's just going to sound like trash...
>>
>>68287757
that was actually the review that made me respect him a lot back then
>>
>Oblivion Access
>22, A Million
>>
>>68290638
agree 100%. TPAB is AOTD
>>
File: 1466756287766.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1466756287766.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>68286666
>yeezus is 2
>currents is 4
>>
>>68286666
how can no one be pointing out this get
>>
Though not a direct review, I don't agree with his opinion on Hospice(cf. hisBurst Appart review).
>>
>>68287757
That album is legitimately garbage
>>
Giving The Age of Adz a 6, and his review of MBDTF. I agree with him on TPAB though.
>>
I find every one of his reviews trash. Even the ones I agree with
>>
>gave Pitiless Censors a 6/10
>said it's better than John Maus's early work
>>
His reviews are pretty shit, I don't understand why he's so popular/listened to.
>>
The one in which he revieved 3/4 of MMLP2 and gave it a 7/10 instead of listening through the whole thing.
>>
>MBDTF
>age of adz
>any young thug project
>any mac demarco project
>tpab
>any death grips after TMS
>rodeo
i can name alot more, he's a shit critic, get over it
>>
File: PUP-thedreamisover.jpg (88KB, 745x745px) Image search: [Google]
PUP-thedreamisover.jpg
88KB, 745x745px
I know it's just his opinion but this album is definitely better than a 6
>>
>>68289544
Devin touched on this in his book actually and said that some youtube review channel called "the needledick" or something got in contact with his label (inside out) and basically asked, in a roundabout way, for money in exchange for a favorable review. Devin said he wasn't angry but was kind of baffled by the whole thing. He also talked about how certain musicians basically have paid hype beasts that go on forums, youtube, etc. and constantly start discussions about their artist, good or bad, just to get people to have emotional opinions about them. Apparently that makes them more memorable and even though it attracts hate it also results in easily influenced fans who don't like the haters and end up defending said artist and becoming fans,etc.

basically, the music industry is still a huge mess, even though the major labels are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.