[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how contrarian is this board.... How do you feel about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Nevermind[1].jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nevermind[1].jpg
113KB, 600x600px
So, how contrarian is this board....

How do you feel about this album?
>>
Top 5 most influential album of all time

Not in top 100 best albums of all time
>>
it's
>>
fantano didn't review it yet
>>
same level as this
>>
>>68282223
Overrated. In Utero is miles better.
>>
6/10
it has some highlights but its far from the masterpiece rollingstone hails it as
>>68282250
"no"
>>
It's too sleek for it's own good. Bleach was a mess, so they decided to clean it up with Nevermind. What you get is an overproduced, shiny, pop rock album. It's good for what it is, but honestly, that style wasn't becoming for Nirvana. They reached their artistic apex with In Utero and Unplugged.
>>
Definitely their most commercial album but still heavy as fuck. I genuinely enjoy the production, drumming is fantastic.
>>
>>68282223
I'm not trying to be contrarian, but that's a genuinely generic album.
>>
>>68282223
good singles, don't really care much for the album tracks tbqh
>>
>>68282394
>It's too sleek for it's own good.
>What you get is an overproduced, shiny, pop rock album.
>It's good for what it is, but honestly, that style wasn't becoming for Nirvana

Precisely this. The demo and live versions of every track on the album are far superior to the clean, CD quality versions we got. They really removed the soul in those studio sessions.
>>
Its great, probably like a light 9
>>
>>68282223
Extremely apathetic, towards both the album and the band.

It was great at first when I first heard them, but it became extremely overplayed like any pop music.

They're kind of like what Skrillex was to dubstep and EDM.
>>
>>68282223
I havn't listened to it
>>
>>68282554
You're kind of an idiot
>>
Trill nigga Nirvana fan here. Lemme sum it up.
If you honestly think Bleach is the best album, you're a try hard pleb. It's literally of poorer quality than the rest of their releases in every way. I take away some great sounds and ideas from it, but it's a very freshman release.
Nevermind is great, but the songs have been overplayed so much that I can't review it fairly anymore. SMTS is a very boring song to me these days, since I've been rocking my Nevermind cassette since I was a small child. Overrated, but still a solid rock album, and one of the more popular alternative rock albums you could introduce to someone to get them into...well alternative rock.
Incesticide is a bunch of B-Sides and not worth ruminating on. Not sure why people talk about it so much.
In Utero is their best release by far. It takes the best of both of Nirvana's worlds, and combines the grit of Bleach and the great songwriting of Nevermind, and then turns it up to 11. Not only does it have some of the hardest hitting Nirvana tracks, but the singles are catchy as fuck to this day. Every band member brings their A-game.
MTV Unplugged is also one of their finest works. Some argue it's their best work, and I see where they're coming from.
The rest is meaningless. Like all the demos and Silver box sets and shit, like no one cares. You can live without hearing some recording of a fetal version of a single that Kurt was writing in his bedroom. Ask yourself how much your time is worth before you get into that shit.

tl;dr, In Utero>Nevermind>Bleach. They got better as their career matured.
>>
>>68282568
Okay there Kurt, no need to make it personal.
>>
>>68282641
Not the anon that replied to you initially, but yeah you are kind of a huge basic bitch for saying some dumb shit like that.
>Band is the most popular of their genre, "hurdur they're like the Skrillex of ____".
Awesome broad millennial reference.
>>
>>68282628

Bleach is Nirvana's best album, you dumb faggot.
>>
Nevermind is like the Empire State Building but then In Utero is the fucking Burj Khalifa.
>>
>>68282691
Pleb: Nevermind

Contrarian: Bleach

Patrician: In Utero
>>
File: pearljam.jpg (112KB, 704x700px) Image search: [Google]
pearljam.jpg
112KB, 704x700px
>>68282223
better
>>
>>68282691
That's cute that you feel that way. Cry more.

>>68282695
My nigga.
>>
>>68282677
It's a perfectly fine comparison, especially when mainstream normies think that Nirvana created grunge.
>>
>>68282223
Very good album but it's overproduced. Too polished for a punk rock album in the grunge scene.
Pretty good lyrics and catchy songs tho. But I prefer Bleach and In Utero.

8/10.
>>
gross album cover senpai
>>
>>68282721
Kek. Pearl Jam is the worst from big four grunge (Nirvana, AiC, Soundgarden and PJ). Even Mudhoney and Stone Temple Pilots were better than PJ.
>>
>>68282716
>>68282725

Fuck you, Bleach is the best.
>>
>>68282728
Nobody thinks that. Before you say anything, no, you've never talked to anyone who said something like that. It's like you're a living music cliche.
>>
>>68282785
>being this defensive of your pop band

Brah I've totally lost track of how many 'alternative' girls said that they were into grunge and only knew of Nirvana.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.