[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What'd you guys think about this movie? Personally, I liked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6716.jpg (101KB, 552x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6716.jpg
101KB, 552x800px
What'd you guys think about this movie?
Personally, I liked the overal message and concept in the movie and the music was cool, other than the obvious innacuracies.
>>
>>68281571
One of the best of 2014 for sure
>>
>>68281571
really liked it
>>
>>68281571
what's the message? that mean teacher drive autistic students crazy? I think miles character is more unlikable than jk simmons which means something.
>>
>>68281571
the entire story of charlie parker having a cymbal thrown at him is incorrect in nearly every way but that just adds another layer to the movie imo
>>
>>68281571
>NOT QUITE MY FUCKING TEMPO YOU FAGGOT

that part seemed out of place
>>
edgy dialogue: the movie
>>
>>68281571
Sports movie disguised as a music one. Also they hardly played any jazz. Teacher was an edgy manlet.
>>
It's a story that made me want to keep rewatching. It doesn't make me think for one second it reflects a real band practice.

I liked it, my brother who's a drummer hated it because he kept trying to project himself as a drummer but falling out of immersion since he would have jumped the teacher sooner. Honestly I liked it, it was realistic in the way kids will fall in line due to stress and expectations.

However If you want a movie for jazz music try bird man.
>>
>>68281571
Black Swan 2: electric boogaloo now with drumz!
>>
one of like, three hyped movies from that year that wasn't absolute shit
>>
>>68282456
Congrats, you missed the point of the movie entirely.
>>
>>68283228
so the point is..play fast rudiments..because that's the meaning of life
>>
>>68281571
A perfectly good movie that people pretend is objectively bad to look smart and contrarian.
>>
that car crash shit is embarrassingly bad, other than that it's alright
>>
>>68281571
>IMG_6716.jpg
why you do this, it's not taken by your cam jesus
>>
Buddy Rich fucking sucked
>>
>>68282456
The message is that competition in art is fucked. Not to the extreme portrayed in the movie, but become part of any art program and you'll see it every once in a while.
>>
>>68281571
brilliant movie
>>
>>68282801
As a drummer I hated it because they hardly tried to make the movements match the sound most of the time, which is fine for a shitty TV show or something but not for a movie that's supposed to be about drumming.
>>
>>68282971
Nightcrawler
Birdman
Whiplash
>>
>>68282456
That you can't reach your full potential if you're not pushed, even if your teacher is a pretentious dick, he's probably doing it for a reason.

>>68282466
Same. It was exaggerated, but added to it.

>>68284744
iPhone automatically renames it that
>>
I couldn't finish it, it was too annoying
>training montage of our hero practicing after being talked down to. He has a blister, but he'll fight through the pain to become better
Seen that a million times
Also,
>during this montage, he finishes a part, and fucking non-diegetic drumming still going on in the background
Would have been way better with silence at that part
>>
>>68281571
Didn't really like it, none of the characters a relatable or believable. The only pleasure or value I derived from this movie was watching the yelling scenes.
>>
>>68285026
I torrented it in 1080p and the movement matched the sound well enough, maybe it was a bad rip for you.
>>
>>68282971
If you are referring to
>>68285588
Then fuck off because birdman>whiplash>nightcrawler
And nightcrawler was still solid on its own.
>>
>>68283937
That was a bit awkward, it'd make sense for him to hit a tree while swerving, but a fucking truck?
>>
>>68285026
Miles played all of that for real, he had drumming lessons 3 hours a day everyday to get ready for the movie.
>>
Disappointed because it wasn't a movie about injury caused by a severe jerk to the head, typically in a motor-vehicle accident.
>>
NOT MY TEMPO
>>
File: GaPO7Is.jpg (37KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
GaPO7Is.jpg
37KB, 1024x584px
Did you guys find the part where he breaks up with pic related realistic?
>>
>>68287513
Yea that's Miles on the video but there was an actual jazz drummer who played the sound. Lookitup
>>
>>68286904
Nightcrawler >Whiplash >>>>>>>>>>>> Birdman

Get the fuck off this website because I know you're not from /tv/. Even they have the sense to hate that Iguana guy. Dude blows outside of Babel.
>>
Loved it. Showed my mum.

The biggest problem I have with it when thinking about it is how Miles has this analogue with the Charlie Parker story going, right?
So the pressure gets too much and he drops out, which is the symbol being thrown at him.
Now Charlie Parker in this situation practices real hard and comes out with the best solo ever a year later.
But Miles puts his drum kit away for over a year, then performs the best solo ever.

That could be the point but it seemed like an oversight to me
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.