[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lengthy prog rock suite >meant to satirize lengthy prog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Cover.jpg (139KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
139KB, 600x601px
>lengthy prog rock suite
>meant to satirize lengthy prog rock suites
how exactly are you supposed to listen to this album?
>>
>>68278830
ironically
>>
With your ears.
>>
>>68278861
what if it's sincerely awesome though?
>>
>tell me how to listen to music
lol what?

>>68278986
then who cares?
>>
I don't believe the satire argument in the slightest. They wrote an honest, progressive, artistic record but wanted to save face and keep their rebellious bad boi stand. They wanted to make a massive progressive record in earnest and they did. The whole "lol we were trollin u" façade was an afterthought and a ridiculously childish one.
>>
>>68278830
that's mostly a folk album, and it's satire not parody
>>
>>68279118
>afterthought
>even the lyrics, packaging and liner notes are an elaborate and brilliant part of the satire
your argument really doesn't hold up
>>
really don't mind if you sit this one out
>>
DUDE PROG IS PRETENTIOUS LMAO
>>
>>68279100
b-but I just don't know...

how to FEEeeEEeeEE-EE-eel
>>
>>68279218
WE'LL MAKE FUN OF HOW PRETENTIOUS PROG IS BY MAKING A PRETENTIOUS ALBUM ABOUT THAT

YEAH THAT'LL SHOW 'EM
>>
>>68279210
>even the lyrics, packaging and liner notes are an elaborate and brilliant part of the satire
How so?
>>
i really REALLY hate ironic shit. it makes me want to vomit.

my guitarist wants to ironically make metal. i want to genuinely make metal. I'm about to kick his lame ass out of the fucking band
>>
>>68279218
>>68279303
Here's what Ian had to say about the album:
https://youtu.be/5N_nAVXpadw
And then in the later interviews, he went on to praise the same bands...
>>
>>68279398
it sounds like he was just taking the piss a little bit, then, not expressing antipathy toward those bands
>>
>>68279632
That could very well be the case, but he sounded a little too harsh for that to be taken just as a joke.
>>
>>68279210
It does. Your non sequitur is exactly that.

Also, care to explain A Passion Play, then?
>>
File: homer.jpg (62KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
62KB, 200x187px
I think the "ironic" part of it is that the lyrics are gibberish while pretending to be deep and meaningful. The songwriting itself is not satire, besides the fact that it's longer and more drawn out than the standard ten-minute prog ballads.

Basically he wrote a song that sounds deep with a ridiculous backstory, encouraging listeners to speculate as what it means, only for it to mean absolutely nothing
>>
>>68279349
You got a tough life, bro.
>>
File: thicc as a bricc.jpg-large.jpg (307KB, 1046x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thicc as a bricc.jpg-large.jpg
307KB, 1046x1024px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.